• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Warhammer 40k: The Battle for Terra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey there this is just an idea i've recently thought of due to receiving the board game and playing it: The Horus Heresy Board Game.
It is unlikely I will make this map soon as I have other projects underway but what would you like to see in the Battle for Terra?

My plan is to maybe have it as a Spawn based RTS that features the interior of the Vengeful Spirit (Horus's flagship) and the Battle of Terra itself.

The game would automatically come to a close should the Emperor or Horus fall, but they will not be restricted from leaving their areas, but after a timer I think or an expensive upgrade/event will allow the Emperor and the other loyalist players to teleport on Horus's ship.

This game would feature the other primarchs that were present on Terra sch as Jaightai Khan, Angron, Magnus, Fulgrim, Rogal Dorn, Sanguinius etc.
Each player would have special events they can use to turn the tide, Rogal Dorn would perhaps boost the defences of Terra for a certain amount of time which would highly increase the defence of all defenders within the capital.
Horus would be able to make periodic bombardments from his ship.
The Emperor can use his mind fuck ability only once to deal a butt fuck of damage to any unit.
Mortarion would be able to use a single use fully heal ability on himself plus he'd be a very tough char to kill... Still you get my point.

There would be drop pods, tanks and all the doodalally but I cannot promise I'll use all fancy skins for numerous reasons, firstly due to the mb maximum and because there isn't a skin for all the type of units e.g. Custodians, Titans etc.

So firstly it is unlikely I'll use the space marine skin on the Hive otherwise it would make other units out of place. But yes please comment bellow and share your thoughts and wishes!

Level 4
My apologies no it is not an AOS. Me and a comrade have just started on it and its going to be a spawn-based RTS. The defenders start off with fortificatied structures and the emperial palace will be at the top of the map with three sections.
There will be CP points that when held by the loyalists spawns arise, but when held by chaos they can bring in drop pods within that area. More expensive units may be purchaseable at those CPs whether it be better units, or advanced vehicles/vehicles generally.
The evil side don't start with any units except on the Vengeful Spirit, however the attacks will get 10 free drop pods each that cost 1 mana and they can then choose from a varied amount of units to bring down whether it be vehicles or squads of troops.

To take note should vehicle spam be made their will be powerful Anti-Vehicle weaponry such as melta bombs that take a small delay to properly obliterate the vehicle.

But this drop pod idea makes the traitor forces better to co-ordinate with each other whether it be joining together in a massive treacherous shockwave or attacking separate locations in an attempt to gain a bigger foothold for reinforcements.

Level 28
Okay.

Maybe have some events like the White Scars launching an attack to retake the spaceports, the duel between Sanguinius and the Bloodthirster, the Sky Fortress showing up etc. that gives advantages to the side that wins them.

I'm assuming the players each get a Primarch and some units?

Status
Not open for further replies.