• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Warhammer 40k Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey there,
this is a project I've been thinking about undertaking for a while, note that I'm doing two projects at the moment so this won't be on my list straight away, but when I do start making this heres my idea:

In a galaxy far far away.... There were the Orks, Space Marines, Eldar?, and Chaos.
Races I refuse to do: Tyranids (Too laggy and wouldn't work)

So basically think of some of those space games you get on Warcraft where everyone starts on different planets, builds up their tech an goes to different planets etc.

That is basically my idea. Each player being able to create an army an send their fleets by different means and each race having their own specialty.

Chaos: -Not using the Alpha Legion as that would make the Eldar pointless-
Having access to demons and have the opportunity to travel using the Warp Storms that would make all enemy ships useless in terms of travel and combat. Powerful sorcerors, machines of war and as said the demons.

Eldar: Travel using their oh so special magical Stones that are attached to their "Webway Assemblies", an using subterfuge and invisiblity to piss you off.
Did I also mention the big red Avatar?

Space Marines: Drop pods, orbital strikes, you name it.

Warpstorm: Literally disables anything inside of it and "demons" appear for a temporary amount of time from the depths of the Warp that will kill anything that enters it's path.
Sorcerors and Librarians would be able to enter the Warp and even duel each other, however if they die in the warp they too die in the real world or vise versa.

Meteor fields: Meteors will enter space and cause great damage to any unprotected ship that meets its path whilst leaving planets unharmed (as long as they have a shield which can be created by any faction).

Resources would be claimed by harvesting minerals in and out of space.
Eldar- Can till claim special Stones that are sought by the dying alien race.
Chaos- Sacrificing and causing genocide to their dark gods.
Missions: Missions will occur which will provide the succeeding faction something whether it be units, money, or something much more terrible.

SO TELL ME WHAT YA THINK CHAPS!

Level 4
Nah Eldar would take up more Pop than the orks which would allow the orks to show their numeracy where the eldar would be squishy in close an would have to rely on distance and teleporting etc. to keep away.
Yes each planet would have it's own section, yes again to the space, and yes for the Warp.
I would say most definately for the orks, maybe even make the meteors into weapons by either making bases on them or attach tons of ROKKETS to make it hurtle into a planet.

Level 4
I don't know much about the Gnolls, but I do know the Orks love to fight and not just because they love it. Ork currency is teeth and it only counts as currency if they take it from a big beasty, or if they're like Gorgutz who collects heads for the lols ^^

Level 28
Having only one Legion at a time would be limiting though...

Maybe use different Legions as specialized units (Emperor's Children as spellcasting ranged, Thousand Sons that summon Rubric Marines...), or choose an affiliation at the beginning (Alpha Legion lets you cast Invisibilty at will, World Eaters gives you bonuses when your units die, Death Guard gets regeneration in exchange for slower units, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.