• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer 40k roleplaying map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I humbly request that one of you aspiring map-makers make a good Warhammer 40,000 RP map. You've got all the resources here... Burning_Dragoon5 and PyramidHe@d have plenty Space Marines, Orks, and Imperial Guardsmen. I've also seen a few Tyranids, Eldar, and Tau laying about.

There's a ton of potential RP possibilities with Warhammer 40,000, and I think it's time someone made a Warhammer 40,000 roleplaying map. I will personally give you as much rep as possible if you make a quality one.

Note: this is a request, but not quite. I don't care if you do or don't do it, I'm simply putting up the suggestion, incase someone decides to undertake the project.

Last edited:
Level 15
Dawn of War II is definitely an awesome game, but sometimes I feel like I want to have sort of a "different" Warhammer 40k experience than just an RTS. Sometimes I want play a game where the story is more than just "destroy the enemy because he's highlighted in red" kinda thing.

I've got some ideas for anyone who's planning on doing this, by the way:
-balance out the units. This would allow players to use regular fighting as opposed to text-based (incase you normally use text-based due to most maps having unbalanced units)
-make every unit have a hero counterpart to it, just incase.

On a side note, if the Warhammer 40k RP map is GOOD, than maybe more than just Warhammer 40,000 fans will play it, huh?

Level 34
If you want to make a RPmap off it and you got the stuff, you still need to come out under the 4,0MB limit. And you also need to have terrain, triggers, JASS, GUI and all those other things that you need to have for a RP map.

I suggest that you first start with the terrain, create several 'rooms', a small space for the Spawn Buildings. You also can begin first with the triggering, which is the hardest part.

Level 34
If you want to make a RPmap off it and you got the stuff, you still need to come out under the 4,0MB limit. And you also need to have terrain, triggers, JASS, GUI and all those other things that you need to have for a RP map.

I suggest that you first start with the terrain, create several 'rooms', a small space for the Spawn Buildings. You also can begin first with the triggering, which is the hardest part.

Level 15
I think you may have glitched or something. May want to delete one of your two identical posts... just a suggestion.

Anyways... I said that I wanted to see such a map made, not make it myself. It's just an idea for someone to put their time and effort into making if they feel like it. This is the idea factory, right? So it's just an idea for someone who wants to make a map and doesn't know what to do it on.

Level 7
Sounds like a good idead for a rpg map. Only the problem is the 4 mbit limit so i think it should be a campaign. And what should the story be?

Level 15
RP. Not RPG. Roleplaying, not "roleplaying game". Please read before posting.

And the 4 megabyte limit shouldn't be an issue. Not all of the models are required, and even if they are, there's a neat little tool known as Vexorian's Map Optimizer, so it basically cuts down a map's size by 1/3.

Level 12
You won't get a WH40k map in WC3 without exceeding the file size limit for multiplayer.

You're better off PLAYING WH40K.

Level 3
I tend to disagree, You could make it a Multi Map RP(g) i know you didnt want it as a RPG but im pretty certain if you make it multi map you could keep file size down Say like a act system the story is split up into acts, Literally cutting down on Doodads and the amount of actual stuff in the Map. If you want i could write up a story for a Warhammer RPG map Maybe based on a Space marine sqaud ?

Status
Not open for further replies.