• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer 40.000 War! b070

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Warhammer War 40.000 (beta version) is a footmen frenzy (game style) map based upon Games Workshops "Warhammer 40.000" miniature tabletop game.
Choose between: Space Marines (ultramarines or dark angels), Necrons, Tyranids, Chaos Marines (nurgle or khorne), Space Orks, Tau, Imperial Guard or Eldar.
You spawn 2 units every 20 second.
All heroes got basic skills (war banner, healing, troop summoning ++)
and heroes can buy armor items (agility, intellect, armor bonus, hit points, mana ++)
at armor shops, heroes can buy offensive weapons (las cannon, flamethrower, gauss flayer ++) at the weapon shop at the center of the map. Its always funny to nuke your enemies with a las cannon :) You can upgrade units (hit points, armor & damage) at your main base. You can also train merc units.
Host (red player) can activate BOSS MODE. When boss mode is activated a boss will spawn in the center regions of the map from time to time. Dropping honor tokens upon death (good items)
You can upgrade your main base to "Level 2" for new units.
I have only tested this map on LAN with 2 good friends which loves the map.
So I have not yet tested it on battle.net
Please report bugs and give tips so I can improve my map.
Remember its still a beta version :)
Good luck & have fun

Custom Skins,Models & Icons by:
Dan van Ohllus, General Frank, Pyramidhe@d, FrIkY, olofmoleman,
Afronight_76, l0w_kwaliti, Dragon Elf Mogare, Konblade,
VIRUS_OF_MADNESS, Cavman, Burning_Dragoon5, darth_vader88

Keywords:
Warhammer, 40k, 40.000, Footmen, Footie, Frenzy, Space, Future, War, Alien, Aliens
Contents

Warhammer 40.000 War! b070 (Map)

Reviews
17:35, 9th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 8
Flamer cooldown thing doesnt show. You should fix that. And add more content

Yea, I know that :( some of the weapons (abilities) dont show cooldown in the inventory slots. I dont know why and I tried to fix it several times. But I simply can't for some reasons I dont understand. So I let that be for now. But I will add text for each weapon which tells how many seconds the cooldown lasts. At least thats a little better than what it is atm. But I will not give up trying to fix the cooldown on item abilites problem :p

I'm gonna upload a new and more "bug free" version soon with alots of new content :)
I just discovered a kinda funny bug in this version, the ork heroes can summon chaos troopers instead of ork boys.. I upload the new version very soon, just need to test it some more with my friends. It will be alot better than this version.

Level 1
Tested and...I really don't see any elements of Warhammer 40.000 at all! (names and maybe some models, but that's about it). Also, I think everyone will agree with me when I say the map is too small! And the "2 units spawn every 20 seconds" just ruins the whole concept of "Build-base-train-1000-units-and-slaughter-anything-that-moves", because you're stuck in a crummy little corner waiting for your army to literally pile-up. Spells and abilities in general are plain old dull and barely mimic Warhammer in any way. But like I said , custom models - thumbs up for that. Terrain is terrible (don't remember so many mushrooms in Warhammer 40.000).

Short : Map = Not worth playing - Rating N/A Voted for Rejection

Level 8
I think everyone will agree with me when I say the map is too small! And the "2 units spawn every 20 seconds" just ruins the whole concept of "Build-base-train-1000-units-and-slaughter-anything-that-moves", because you're stuck in a crummy little corner waiting for your army to literally pile-up. Spells and abilities in general are plain old dull and barely mimic Warhammer in any way.

Short : Map = Not worth playing - Rating N/A Voted for Rejection

If you read the first sentence in the description you will read that its a FOOTY FRENZY MAP! "Warhammer War 40.000 (beta version) is a footmen frenzy (game style) map"
So how big do you think a footy map should be in size?
For the spells you can also read in the description: All heroes got basic skills (war banner, healing, troop summoning ++) the reason why I made basic skills is because I added tons of weapons at the weapon shop. Like Flamethrower, Gauss Blaster, Las Cannon, Chain Gun +++ So you will have enough spells & abilities to cast.. Your hero won't get bored at all...
In the most common footmen maps you spawn 1 unit every 10 sec, here you spawn 2 units every 20 sec.. The reason why I made that, is because when you upgrade to level 2 units, you get new units right? but in this you get 1 new unit (melee) and 1 "old" unit (range).
So instead of replacing the level 1 unit you get: a lvl 1 unit & a lvl 2 unit, before you upgrade to lvl 2 you get 2 lvl 1 units, get it?
To me it sounds like you dont like ANY footmen maps at all from the things you say..
Saying this map aint worth playing is being really harsh.. Because I see this map being hosted on B.net alot.. on other wc3 map pages on the internet its been approved and got good ratings. I get alots of complements in my email from ppl who say that love and map and play it all the time.. On nibbits.com it got achivement for TOP 100 maps and were ranked 22 out of 61,534 a couple of days ago.. From what I read from your comment, it sounds like you only tested the map for like 5 min and you tested it alone.. And it sounds like you dont like any footmen frenzy maps at all: ("2 units spawn every 20 seconds" just ruins the whole concept of "Build-base-train-1000-units-and-slaughter-anything-that-moves", because you're stuck in a crummy little corner waiting for your army to literally pile-up)
<--- Welcome to the basics of a footmen map! Thats the way its played m8! From my point of view you should try the map at full house.. This is not a single player map! I think your being way to harsh saying this should be rejected.. + its a beta map :) Its hard for me to see that you want it out of this site, and its weird because I have gotten so many complements about it.. Im not saying its DAMN good or anything, Im just saying that I think its good enough to be on this site.. And I know alots of people enjoy it even if you think its a waste of space on this site..

Last edited:
Level 1
If you read the first sentence in the description you will read that its a FOOTY FRENZY MAP! "Warhammer War 40.000 (beta version) is a footmen frenzy (game style) map"
So how big do you think a footy map should be in size?
For the spells you can also read in the description: All heroes got basic skills (war banner, healing, troop summoning ++) the reason why I made basic skills is because I added tons of weapons at the weapon shop. Like Flamethrower, Gauss Blaster, Las Cannon, Chain Gun +++ So you will have enough spells & abilities to cast.. Your hero won't get bored at all...
In the most common footmen maps you spawn 1 unit every 10 sec, here you spawn 2 units every 20 sec.. The reason why I made that, is because when you upgrade to level 2 units, you get new units right? but in this you get 1 new unit (melee) and 1 "old" unit (range).
So instead of replacing the level 1 unit you get: a lvl 1 unit & a lvl 2 unit, before you upgrade to lvl 2 you get 2 lvl 1 units, get it?
To me it sounds like you dont like ANY footmen maps at all from the things you say..
Saying this map aint worth playing is being really harsh.. Because I see this map being hosted on B.net alot.. on other wc3 map pages on the internet its been approved and got good ratings. I get alots of complements in my email from ppl who say that love and map and play it all the time.. On nibbits.com it got achivement for TOP 100 maps and were ranked 22 out of 61,534 a couple of days ago.. From what I read from your comment, it sounds like you only tested the map for like 5 min and you tested it alone.. And it sounds like you dont like any footmen frenzy maps at all: ("2 units spawn every 20 seconds" just ruins the whole concept of "Build-base-train-1000-units-and-slaughter-anything-that-moves", because you're stuck in a crummy little corner waiting for your army to literally pile-up)
<--- Welcome to the basics of a footmen map! Thats the way its played m8! From my point of view you should try the map at full house.. This is not a single player map! I think your being way to harsh saying this should be rejected.. + its a beta map :) Its hard for me to see that you want it out of this site, and its weird because I have gotten so many complements about it.. Im not saying its DAMN good or anything, Im just saying that I think its good enough to be on this site.. And I know alots of people enjoy it even if you think its a waste of space on this site..

No dude, you misunderstood : I'm not saying the map content and the description don't match, I'm saying it's an uninspired idea to make a Warhammer 40.000 theme footie...I was actually expecting more of the other then the whole "footie frenzy" thing, but maybe I was a bit harsh by that. The map still needs improving though, before being 100% Approved. Put some muscle into it! Good luck!

Level 3
Hello there people, I hope I'm welcome in this thread. I don't play many Footie maps so I don't have too many expierences to compare this too. But I hope I know enough :xxd:.

Honestly, I like the races to choose from, there is a good variety of units each comes with. I agree with Kl3sk a little bit, I think the heroes could use some alternating skills. But I actually kind of like the 2 units every 20 seconds. To me it means More strategy than just mass assault. The next chance I get I'd love to try this out on multiplayer. I'll keep an eye out for future versions.

For the actual game: 8/10 --> It is VERY good, I like the terrain, I want to ask what are the broken Power Crystals for, and as a question that I wasn't able to figure out was... does YOUR power Crystal heal ENEMIES? because that is kinda strange if it does.

GOOD LUCK!!!!! :thumbs_up:

:mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: