• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer 40.000 revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi everyone,

i received the great honor from our glorious leader Ralle to continue the Warhammer 40.000 TD Project.

However one condition was to not actually update the existing map, but create a distinct alternative version.

I decided to name it Warhammer 40k TD Winter Assault.

To fit the name i changed the terrain to a snowy style.

Things i also already did:
- massive unit rework, there is now a lot more dedicated splash and single target towers. i tried to give every race options to deal with every sort of enemy to make them viable even if there is less players in the game.
- autobanking now costs 2/4/6/8 Gold depending on difficulty
- made air units weaker
- made later stages of ground units stronger
- fixed an issue with someone getting stuck in an uncloseable dialog window when 2 players use give gold at the same time
- some other minor bug fixes

Things i plan on doing:
- further tweaking of units balance
- fixing some cosmetic issues that came with update 1.29 :)

I would like to know if there is anything you want to see.
(And yes, i've read the "Suck List", and no, i'm not removing the cost on autobanking)

Version 1.0 is attached now. Please give feedback.

Attachments

• WH40kTD_WA_1.0.w3x
    454.4 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Level 13
At long last and almost on time, first version for testing posted before the general release. I got some spare time in September, so any issues reported until then will be taken care of rather quickly.

Looking forward to any feedback :)

Edit: i'm moving this to the Map development section for broader feedback.

Last edited:
Level 13
not for each tower, no.

the two reason for that are:
- too many changes, also i didn't even try to keep track
- the editable version i received from Ralle was not 100% identical with the 5.06c map

other than the in the first post mentioned stuff, things worth mentioning are that i added one more level and moved a boss level further back.
i will however keep a more detailed changelog from now on out.

Also note that i moved this to the Map development section: [Tower Defense] - Warhammer 40k Winter Assault
as i think it does not yet belong in the "completed projects" forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.