• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] WarCraft: The Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Introduction
Hello there! After much doubt and torment I finally decided to share my little hobby project with the community.

It has already been under development for about 4 or 5 years considering my longtime breaks from time to time.
In the beginning this whole project was heavily... 'inspired' by well-known WarCraft movie. My idea was to tell the story of the first two wars between the Orcs and Humans but in it's canon way, the way it existed in WarCraft lore according to various books and games existing. I still know no campaigns which could tell this story in a modern way (I mean, WarCraft III way).

Then Chronicles Vol.2 released and the idea turned into something new. To merge and combine existing sources into a compiled story which will take the best from all of them. The movie had great scenes but was... let's be honest, pretty bad in general. Let's take these scenes then! The books have good dialogs - let's use them! That is what my project realy is, a compilation to tell the story to those who already know it and to those who might not know it yet.

Current State
There are three Acts planned each dedicated to a specific period of the story. So, Act I is the First War and The Last Guardian, Act II is the Second War and Act III is Beyond the Dark Portal.
Right now Act I is still under development and the War is only beginning yet 6 playable missions and 3 interludes are finished.

Screenshots

Little Teaser
P.S. Please excuse me if there are any mistakes in my speech. English is not my native and this project is a bit of a challenge for my English skills as well :)
If any of you are interested or want to take part in the development - let me know. It's quite hard to maintaint such projects using only your free time alone.
I would be happy to answer your questions.
Special thanks to all authors who see their models/textures. Guys, I never planned to make this project public so I don't remember all the authors and some of your models might have been edited by me without your permission, please, forgive me. If you see some of your content used - let me know because all credits are rightfully yours. I will gladly write your name to credits list, realy.

PLAYABLE DEMO: WarCraft: The Beginning DEMO (Patch 1.31)

Last edited:
Level 23
This project looks fantastic. I am really impressed in particular by how well made the "Black Morass Loading Screen" picture looks. Good luck with your project.

There are three Acts planned each dedicated to a specific period of the story. So, Act I is the First War and The Last Guardian, Act II is the Second War and Act III is Beyond the Dark Portal.
Right now Act I is still under development and the War is only beginning yet 6 playable missions and 3 interludes are finished.
This sounds like a huge undertaking. If you only manage to complete 1 act, people would still be really happy, so hopefully don't push yourself too much.

Level 10
This sounds like a huge undertaking. If you only manage to complete 1 act, people would still be really happy, so hopefully don't push yourself too much.
Thanks a lot :)

The first act is actually an objective right now. The most time-consuming part is terrain as I am not realy good in that (or too perfectionist, don't know). So if anyone wants to help with that part - you are DAMN welcome)

Level 10
A little portion of content for the upcoming missions. Guess what it is and where from)

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 196
  • Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot_7.png
    Screenshot_7.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot_8.png
    Screenshot_8.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 198
  • Screenshot_9.png
    Screenshot_9.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 234
Level 18
Hello there :)

The project honestly looks super impressive, from the trailer, to the cinematic, to the custom model, the wonderdraft map and the terraining work overall.

I'm looking forward seeing the rest of your work :)

Level 10
How many chapters are you going to make on each Act ?
I have no limits for the number of chapters. There will be as much of them as necessary to highlight all the main events. Which means about 10-15 chapters per act.

Hello there :)
The project honestly looks super impressive, from the trailer, to the cinematic, to the custom model, the wonderdraft map and the terraining work overall.
I'm looking forward seeing the rest of your work :)

Thank you)

Level 10
Hey everyone!

Sorry for the lack of updates and overall silence. If there in anyone interested, the project is not dead)
I've been doing as much as I could while combining my work, graduating from the master degree and passing exams for the postgraduate course...

What I've got so far is being free from ALL studying activities until autumm (HELL YEAH :)). Therefore nowadays I spend most of my free time building, scripting and coding the future missions and updating the old ones. The last two maps are both from the POV of Khadgar so they are quite time- and imagination-consuming. Hope to deliver an update for the Demo by autumm adding at least two new missions and finally go to the First War part finally.

Here are some screenshots of 80% built and 50% programmed Stormwind taken mostly from the Editor under the spoiler)
WC3ScrnShot_071921_230858_07.png

WC3ScrnShot_071921_230921_08.png

WC3ScrnShot_071921_230931_09.png

WC3ScrnShot_071921_230945_10.png
WC3ScrnShot_071921_231335_11.png

WC3ScrnShot_071921_230744_01.png

WC3ScrnShot_071921_230757_02.png

WC3ScrnShot_071921_231813_03.png

WC3ScrnShot_071921_230405_05.png
Screenshot_62.png

Level 10
Hey, I saw you edited your thread here : https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/warcraft-the-beginning-patch-1-31-wip
Care to tell the changes? :)
Anyway, keep it up!
The only update is the name of the thread so far.
But an update for the campaign is planned and on the way. 2 more Khadgar missions (not much, but they are hell of a trouble to build-code-test) + various updates for the old ones. Hope to release it before autumm or in September at least.

What is changed in old missions (what I remember 🙂):
  • Little alchemy system for Khadgar (so you won't have to store recipes in your inventory);
  • Tweaked cinematics (mostly music);
  • Added few side quests;
  • Bugfixes.

New missions:
  • Khadgar in Karazhan trying to tame the visions;
  • Stormwind from The Last Guardian novel.

Level 5
Hi i Download your campaing its very good but i stuck in chapter 2 afyer Khadgar opened gate i dont Know what should do plz tell me

Level 5
I Complete your campaing it was little realy only 5 chapter :/ if you can Complete this its realy good campaing

Status
Not open for further replies.