• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Survival

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
All mine except any custom models.
You start as three hungry survivors in a dangerous and dark forest. you must fight and work for supplies to survive, beating the creatures that lurk in the forest and other survivor groups.

up to 4player FFA, but can be played solo.

Keywords:
Survival, Warcaft, hunger, forest, resources
Contents

Warcraft Survival (Map)

Reviews
18:42, 18th Jul 2013 Orcnet: fix your map description, also not sure if your the author or not

M

18:42, 18th Jul 2013
Orcnet: fix your map description, also not sure if your the author or not

Level 32
It feels like minecraft so far. How do you get gold? lol I'm stuck.

EDIT: Iseedeadpeople is helpful.

Tip for right now, your terrain isn't flat, but areas near the water, including the ramps look ugly and unnatural.

EDIT2: Here is a small review. Fun map.

Maps like this one have been seen before, get recources, create your 'camp', eat food to survive, and if possible, kill the others.

But, this feels like minecraft. I'm not a huge fan of minecraft, but I know the concepts.

It's fun having crafting tables, and the camps. But you have to make multiple camps because the stone (gold) runs out so fast. When I gave one of my guys a pick axe, the stone was losing 20g every mine visit, but I only get 10 gold. There is no upkeep. There is just not enough gold to mine. More rocks!

Single player works, but there isn't a lot to put up against. Maybe you can add stronger animals.

Controlling three heroes is a change, but it works out fine.

The terrain, is average. Some of the tiles are very sharp, especially the terrain near the water. Smoothen the ramps, some of them are steep and are bugged. Raise tools were used in the map, but many parts where cliffs are present look unnatural - especially the river. More variety of doodads will be appreciated, shrubs shrubs.

Kind of fun map, average creativity, not very good terrain.

Last edited:
Level 2
Cheers for the brilliant feedback guys, especially StoPCampinGn00b :D yeah i know the map needs work, and so i'll work on this. I know the hive workshop policies and stuff say no work in progress but hey, it's mk 1, and to be better it really needs this feedback :)

I was going for a minecrafty feel, yes, and i wanted the map to be fairly realistic (meaning no dragons and skeletons). I will add more mobs in quantity and variety, most definitely :).

As for the rock source, i wanted players to be keeping their vulnerable survivors moving to new areas and making camps, with or without the safety of a hunter. I see what you mean by the lack of gold though, so i may add a few more, and also increase their limit from 300 to 500 or more. they are invisible on the map, so not easy to find. As for the bug you say about the gold not counting yet being withdrawn from the mine, i'll have to look into it. I did check before and this worked fine for me, but i'll check in (on all the items).

The map itself in aesthetics will be worked on primarily from now on (It's the most fun bit :)) I agree that some areas look unrealistic and/or sharp, and so i will work on these bits, especially ramps.

once thats done I will probably delete this version and release a mk2, and probably do some cover art, a better description, and other stuff to help market it.

Once again, thanks guys, I really appreciate your time not only to test my map but also give me feedback :)