• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft modding/etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Its been what, 15 years? 20 years since Warcraft was released? I'm sure there's a fan made modification made that changes how Warcraft's default models look like, unit sounds maybe?

Iv'e been Googling this but oddly i can't seem to find anything..... I suck at Googling....What am i doing with my life........

Maybe there is a way to modify Warcraft's default unit sounds myself? That could be interesting..

I found a mod on my computer called "Resurrection" that seems to be in the direction of what you're describing.
I had it downloaded but I think I forgot to try playing it. I turned on cheats and built some human units. They looked pretty good.
It seems like in some cases they were going for different > high quality, though.

A friend recently asked me to try to compress the game and I created a working 100 MB copy of Warcraft 3 that is consistent with the Unit Data of the latest 1.27b patch and can play in custom maps and melee maps online. However, this would seem to be a step in the opposite direction of what you're talking about -- and I don't really know how to share it without breaking some laws or something. But it was an interesting project.

Attachments

• resmod.png
    resmod.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 73
Level 7
I found a mod on my computer called "Resurrection" that seems to be in the direction of what you're describing.
I had it downloaded but I think I forgot to try playing it. I turned on cheats and built some human units. They looked pretty good.
It seems like in some cases they were going for different > high quality, though.

A friend recently asked me to try to compress the game and I created a working 100 MB copy of Warcraft 3 that is consistent with the Unit Data of the latest 1.27b patch and can play in custom maps and melee maps online. However, this would seem to be a step in the opposite direction of what you're talking about -- and I don't really know how to share it without breaking some laws or something. But it was an interesting project.
Interesting, you can post this under [Maps & Resources] > [Tools] and wait for it to be approved.
I'll be the first one to download it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.