• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarCraft Maul: NG 2.65

2ylFG.png

Warcraft Maul NG v2.65
by Squiggy

PREFACE: THIS MAP IS NOT MEANT TO BE PLAYED WITH REFORGED AND WILL NEVER RECEIVE ANY SUPPORT FOR ANY ISSUES CAUSED BY THAT. STOP PLAYING REFORGED.
WCMaul NG (formerly dubbed NeXtGen) is a project I've been working on from 2008 to 2011, that aims to combine classical mazing known from Wintermaul,​
with Elements from other TDs and Mauls such as Element TD, Shoppingmaul, eeve TD & Green TD to name a few.​
It is originally a mod of "WarCraft Maul: Complete 1.5" (see epicwar), but has undergone so many changes since then that the map is a completely different experience.​
Early wc3 custom maps were also often horribly unbalanced, so rebalancing towers was a very important factor in this.​
The map can be extremely easy or terribly difficult depending on the playstyle, chosen races, players themselves and lost lives per level.​
The "default" difficulty in my own opinion is 2 Stages on Normal with 20 lives because it allows each normal enemy to gain up to over 200% handicap in later levels,​
which may require you to strategically place strong towers and combine them with mid-tier towers and/or weak ones to avoid that an army of Shamans with 132.000HP each simply run through your zigzag-stuff and kill you.​
Playing on Easy caps the HP at 75% which can be done with just a few strong towers.​
However, you cannot expect to sell all your weaker towers for just one expensive tower to wreck stuff like in Element TD and Green TD in later levels.​
Each race also benefits from the lv15-given choice to build a bonus tower that can be quite a gamechanger.​
FEATURES
► The map is a so-called mazing maul tower defense. You get to play from 1 to 9 players and have to defend the gold mine at the bottom of the map.​
► In order to do that, your main objective is to build towers which are able to attack the spawned creeps (one spawn per player) either in a labyrinth that may or may not make use of waypoints scattered over the map or a straight defense line.​
► The map offers 21 races (20 to choose from, one hidden, bonus random race) where each race has a certain playing style to it, requiring different approaches of slaying creeps.​
► Warcraft Maul NextGen is playable in three difficulties​
► Players can either choose to play 25 or 50 levels with a changeable amount of livels to start with​
► If you're short on lives, you may buy them from your main base for 500 gold each.​
► As the map offers over 230 towers and includes famous races from formerly known maul maps (The Undead, Naga), it also introduces new races such as the Elements and towers from the famed Green TD.​
► If you're feeling lucky, try out the Animals and control your units, level your hero or dish out huge damage to enemies using one of the map's unique Ultimate Towers.​
► To get money from not only killing enemy units, WcMaul NG features an income system giving you bonus gold depending on the amount stored on your account.​
► In order to keep the map a little more challenging, it​
a) has mini bosses appearing every ten minutes with increased HP and bonus gold​
b) can be played in PRO Mode which requires at least two players to work together in order to get to level 50 and may take over two hours.​
c) has a lot of effects lol​
d) is equipped with varying aura key points spread over the map which buffs enemy units or may debuff your towers.​
e) can be fine-tuned by setting the starting amount of gold left in the mine.​
f) has a few secrets to it which you may be curious to explore​
g) may require you and your team to do waypoint mazes which is actually encouraged if playing on higher difficulties​
h) now has another, new miniboss in Normal Mode that randomly spawns without letting you prepare​
► benefits of a simple, yet effective Balancing System based on lives lost per level and difficulty​
► features a Single Player Mode​
► 99.47% leak-free​
► below 500kbyte map size​
► has achieved over 25k Downloads on hive, over 25k on epicwar and possibly many more via bnet​
► only needs TFT v1.26 to run, giving it ULTRA-COMPATIBILITY©​
► still fries your toaster in 2020​
► and lots more​

SCREENSHOTS
15th Anniversary PV

CREDITS
► master.of.chaos, sserpyc, TerranUp16, GameJNKY, Ultron,​
► 1337lEeyorepro, DukeWintermaul, Illidan(Evil)X, WILLTHEALMIGHTY, JetFangInferno
► Apu, Kaputzemann, M][thos, 13rilliance, LunA.MoOnRideR​
► Fyxe, THEOLD2, haqu, ILutherI, Clan SMXP​
► DDF.Druid, the users of "the hive workshop", the testers around B.Net,​
► and you​
Latest Changes

v2.65:​
*Fixed the 1 Life not being applied to Normal Mode upon choosing​
*Fixed HP handicap display for Easy- & Normal Mode​
*Fixed Green Fear: Tree Spawn Walkability​
*Nerfed the Dragonhawk (High Elves) by cutting its' range down to 300 instead of 700​
*Fixed the Eye of the Dead not de-/applying the buff​
*Removed the RNG for a certain secret, now has a 100% dropchance​
*Added another Miniboss that randomly spawns in Normal+ without prior warnings​
*Enemy Buffs now (Aura/Epic) only apply after lv3​
*minor terrain adjustments; Lich King is now present in the map to insult you​

FAQ

Q: I ded on Easy - y tho?​
A: This kind of tower defense may require you to build a pathway for enemy units to pass through that extends their distance to the Gold Mine at the bottom.​
The map actively uses waypoints, so making use of these is maybe a good idea, no? Build more towers, derpface.​

Q: Why can i only choose few races, not as mentioned 21?​
A: When you select the wisp, click on the Symbol showing a Dark Orb to change to the other races.​
Click on the bright orb to revert to its original form. Same goes with the ultimate wisp(s)​
Q: How does the interest system work?​
A: If you have saved at least 100 Gold, you gain a certain percent of the amount of Gold you own when the timer in the multiboard expires.​
Also the amount you get is shown up above the Base of your race when the timer runs out.​
You can gain a maximum of 100G interest​
Q: Why have the ultimate towers such a long cooldown and what amount of damage do they deal?​
A: Most of them do 1000000 damage IN GENERAL, what means NOT that they deal the 1000000 to every single unit in range, but 1000000 damage divided by the amount of units in range.​
And as they deal such massive damage, you should not be able to use them whenever you want ;)
Q: Why can't I kick ?​
A: Only the host has the right to kick.​
Q: Why do creeps sometimes attack my towers?​
A: Well, the most common answer is, that creeps take 1x1 square units.​
A tower covers 4x4. Therefore, if all places (16) are occupied, the unit can't move on and tries to use a different way by attacking.​
Q: What are the symbols on the ground?​
A: Those are special auras.​
Each has a different effect on either creeps or towers. Find out yourself which aura spans which effect.​
Q: What's with Bosses?​
A: While normal creeps only steal one gold, the boss takes ten.​
Every ten minutes, a mini-boss is spawned on the map which takes one life away.​
Q: Why is there a food-limit and why did you choose 76?​
A. The food-limit shall prevent at least a part of the lag which is caused by the amount of towers being on the map in lategame.​
The number 76 is simple to calculate: 75 'normal' towers + 1 ultimate.​
Q: What's the number in brackets in the multiboard next to the mode?​
A: That's the current difficulty based on the mode you've chosen. It ranges from 0 to 400%.​
Q: What are the numbers in [brackets] when I look at a towers' stats?​
A: The numbers in brackets are the values for air.​
If there are no brackets but the tower has an anti-air attack, the attacks share one value.​
Races
·Humanoid Races​
·Humans​
29H3Q.png
The Human Race spans a lot of towers with extremely low range.​
Instead, the towers fire at high speed and some deal area damage.​
Humans have decent anti-air towers.​
·Giants​
29H3L.png
Giants are relatively cheap and feature a few abilities.​
The race relies on dealing splash damage and slowing enemy units.​
Giant towers feature a high range tower.​
·High Elves​
29H3P.png
This race is particularly important when it comes to anti-air defense.​
Most towers are able to use a separate, long-range attack on enemy air units.​
Towers that do not possess this ability may or may not make use of other skills.​
High Elves are recommended in the back spots.​

·Creatures​
·Orcs​
29H3U.png
Many Orc towers deal piercing damage, so fortified armor may be difficult for them to kill enemies.​
Some of them are capable of using spells and passive abilities.​
·Night Elves​
29H3T.png
Night Elves are very easy to play and perfect for newcomers.​
Towers attack with different types of damage and also do splash damage.​
A few possess abilities to cast on enemy units.​
·Corrupt Night Elves​
29H3F.png
This race is difficult to start with as it focusses on dealing damage over time.​
It is recommended to build a variety of towers to ensure maximum power.​
Corrupted Night Elves may be unsuitable for newcomers.​
·Chaos Orcs​
29H3E.png
Chaos Orcs feature a similar build-up as Orcs do, but rely more on special skills towers come with.​
Like Orcs, this race starts off with Piercing damage so it's best to build numerous towers.​
·Goblins​
29H3M.png
Goblins mostly make use of side effects to their attacks.​
Due to the number of effects the towers possess, it is recommended to carefully read the tooltip.​
The Goblin Alchemist is able to generate extra bounty.​
·Naga​
29H3S.png
The Naga rely on slowing enemy units.​
As lots of towers are able to slow down, this race has decreased damage output.​
The Naga race has weak anti-air and thus is not recommended for grey.​

·Animals​
·Animals​
29H3B.png
This race has a range of moveable units.​
Hired units are able to move within a radius of 900 and will die if not in range.​
Animals offer two skillable Heroes and the stongest unit in the game.​
This race is not recommended for newcomers or grey.​
·Tavern​
29H3W.png
Yo ho, have a seat at ye olde bar and hire various animals of different areas.​
The Tavern towers are able to use skills to weaken enemy units.​
·Draenai​
29H3H.png
Draenai towers feature decreased build time.​
Side effects such as Immolation or Impale make this race more versatile.​
The race offers the best anti-air tower in the game.​
·Dragons​
29H3J.png
This race includes a line-up of dragon towers coupled with a variety of abilities.​
Some towers have increased attack range and/or minimal area damage.​
·Aviaries​
29H3D.png
The Aviaries consists of various flying defense towers.​
The towers deal average damage for a cheap price and have a few effects.​
This race is best designed in a maze.​
·Arachnids​
29H3C.png
Spider towers partially deal Chaos damage.​
A few towers also make use of abilities or have area damage.​

·Demons​
·Undead​
29H3X.png
Undead towers can slow enemies, deal damage over time and area damage.​
The race relies on Chaos Damage so it's recommended for grey.​
·Demons​
29H3G.png
Demonic towers are able to perform slowing attacks on enemy units and are best used in numbers.​
Some towers have increased attack range and/or area damage.​
·Mausoleum​
29H3R.png
This race outputs highy varying damage and should be used in numbers.​
Towers are able to damage multiple enemies or can be upgraded.​
The Mausoleum is not recommended for beginners.​

·Strange Races​
·Green TD​
29H3N.png
This race plays exactly like Green TD.​
The towers base on splash damage and can be improved with Aura towers.​
Anti-air defense and Champion defense must be built seperately.​
·Elements​
29H3K.png
The elemental race starts off with one base tower.​
To build stronger towers, it is necessary to fulfill the requirements.​
Elemental towers are expensive and deal high damage.​
·Squiggy's Playground​
29H3V.png
??? me gusta marijuana me gustas tu ???​
Towers attack extremely slow at very high ranges.​
Can be combined with Eye of the Dead for massive damage output.​

Mechanics
·The Balance System​
Balancing this map is done by factorizing a number based on Difficulty chosen and amount of units that reach the Gold Mine.​
If no units reach the Gold Mine, the HP will increase until they pass a maximum of 150% on Easy, 200% on Normal and 300% on Pro.​
If a unit reaches the Gold Mine, the HP will be decreased until 100% and not go up until that value is met.​
·The Interest System​
Interest is given every 30 seconds to Players.​
The value given depends on Difficulty and Current Gold.​
Choosing Easy sets the base value to 2%, Normal to 3% and Pro to 4%.​
The interest will be applied in a range of 100-2000 Gold, where the interest will be set to 100 Gold fixed.​
·Ultimate Towers​
A keypoint of WCMaul NG are the unique 21 towers Players are able to choose from, depending on the Race chosen.​
Activating a tower will in most cases trigger a GUI-based, so-called 'Cinematic Spell'.​
The Spell being cast will greatly vary in terms of Effects and Damage over Time, but the overall Damage of 1.000.000 will be applied to all enemy units affected by the AoE.​
The Exceptions are:​
*the 'Eye of the Dead' as it adds a Critical Strike Aura to towers and thus does no initial damage.​
*Green TD's 'Genetical Upgrade' upgrades any Siege Tower 9 to Siege Tower 10​
*Draenai's 'Time Stop' renders enemy units unable to move​
*Mausoleum's 'Dimensional Gate' applies a 50% chance to instantly kill affected units no matter the remaining HP​
The spells are working as intended, yet they should not be cast in multiple instances.​
The 'coding' relies a lot on variables and integer loops which will interfere with each other if a spell is being cast by two (or more) Players using the same Race.​
Issues can also be caused if two (or more) players cast a spell while playing different Races.​
Ultimate Towers that have no duration or are being cast using plain Unit Abilities are not affected by this issue.​
I will adress myself to this in a while.​
·RNG and You​
Warcraft Maul NG relies on random number generation as far as the wc3 engine is able to do it.​
Upon choosing a random race, a random integer number between 1 and 11 is chosen, respectively for each builder; generating a chance to acquire the secret Bonus race.​
Auras that boost enemies or debuff your own towers are placed randomly around the map using the playable map are while excluding water, the gold mine and other impossible points.​
There is also a 1 in 2 chance for each aura to appear on the map at all.​
The same process is used for spells with a chance to trigger an effect (Lich eg. - 25%), the Ultimate Tower Charon (50%), or whether a certain unit reacts upon arriving on a specifit spot of the map.​
Furthermore, the periodically applied Buff that enemy units receive makes use of RNG as well; the time intervals between each instance is chosen by selectign a random number from 30 to 60 seconds.​
While the units that receive the buff are selected randomly, the process is based on a fixed percentual amount of enemy units on the map depending on the chosen difficulty.​
Contents

WarCraft Maul: NG 2.65 (Map)

Reviews
Warcraft Maul is better than ever. There are so many improvements and countless bugs that have been fixed! Time to give it another shot I say. It is an awesome TD with lots of breathtaking effects and a vast number of towers and builders to choose...

M

Warcraft Maul is better than ever. There are so many improvements and countless bugs that have been fixed! Time to give it another shot I say.
It is an awesome TD with lots of breathtaking effects and a vast number of towers and builders to choose from. You'll have fun trying every single race and choosing different combos.

-Kobas-;1839988 said:

Moderation

WarCraftMaul: NG 2.50v2
Created by Squiggy ; Uploaded by: Squiggy
I tested and played map few times already...
Map presentation is acceptable, there is credit list...

There are few things done poorly, building summoning units and terrain for example :)
Instead of 3 workers you can have 1 or if nothing else 2, that tentacle worker like is useless, you was able to add abilities into main worker instead :)
Also terrain look ugly, why not to use dalaran or terrains with straight cliffs instead of jagged ones :)
And for the end map is little 2 hard for noobs, maybe you should add tutorial like difficulty :)
So players can play with 50% reduced creep hp (example) and any race just to learn :)

Now good things... Epic number of combinations and races for player to pick, making each new game unique...
So many towers and different ways to build and work your strategy is really awesome... Each new wave will randomly place different auras helping creeps bothering player even more :)
There is few maps with same quality and originality out there...

I checked script, it seams that you cleaned leaks and that's really great.

And for the end suggestions:
-Combine auras with floating text (describe aura)
-Use 1 worker, easy to play (after pick remove others)
-Improve terrain
-Maybe few more difficulties
-Game modes? -all random, -all pick, -no dark/light...

So after all this I want to rate map with 4/5 mark because of cool gamepay and originality.
Good job dude, have a nice day.
Map status: Approved

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/

Level 1
Way too easy

This map is *way* way way too easy my friend and I just two manned it me as undead him as some dranai by the halfway point I had a crap ton of lich towers and at the end of the line there was a single damage unit which would one shot anything that could be lich'd for those that couldn't 6 or 7 lich kings with a maze made out of regular ghouls

Balance the races and then worry about adding new things because at the moment its way too easy even on normal or pro and easy mode is just a waste of time

Once its balanced it'll be a great TD so dont give up

Level 1
Dont forget the flesh golems they wern't quite as overpowered alone but once someone managed to get a mass of them it was just as bad as the Lich :p glad yer working on the balance cuz I quite enjoy the map

Level 8
note that the standart wintermaul maps are distorted (which means that the right side is more broadly than the left one) and your map is not an exception.
i also made a TD based on the wintermaul (Kindergarten TD!) and i corrected this blemish
now i can test the map...

EDIT: Ok, ive tested the map:
+realy many towers and races
+damage\range\etc. description of every tower
+many special abilities
-realy annoying building time
-too imba boss\Doom (maybe its because i played alone)
-unit stuck (i mean 1. that units move to their target but always get stucked buy each other and 2. that the units stay stucked [maybe add an move abiliti to every builder ;)] - yes i know its not a problem which is easy to solve)
-because of this stuck, splash abilities are a must have and too imba

rating 4\5

i hope i could help u a bit
(ive had most of these problems in my map too)

Last edited:
Level 28
v2.06b is out
Changes so far:
*Fixed The Eotd
*Added a new race - the ghosts
*Added a new ultimate tower - Charon
*Modified the Space Chaos Orc
*Removed the collision for Animals
*Modified the "Lich" - now has a 25% chance for splash
*Moidified the "Green Dragon" - now has "Bash"

-unit stuck
In fact, there is - just select the builder and cast "prod" ;)

-too imba boss\Doom
He has to be mean. That prevents players from saving money till infinity and "forces" them to maze ;)

Well thanks for the positive feedback ;)

Level 28
*Update: v2.22*
---------------------
Removed the minigames
Implemented special aura-fields (read the FAQ Part 2)
Added a HP-regeneration for creeps
Fixed some effects
---------------------

*Update: v2.23a*
---------------------
*Fixed some memory leaks
*Fixed some texts
*Changed the behaviour when you lose..
---------------------

*Update: v2.25*
---------------------
*Improved the performance
---------------------

Last edited:
Level 28
Mwahahahaha it's done
v2.26 is out with the following changes:
-----------
*Finally changed the pathing for air at pink and green
*Corrected the -repick features due to some pissed players because of their wisp was killed. The ultimate wisp now appears at level 15 while the old one will be destroyed at level 14
*Some stupid block issues fixed
*Improved game performance (for me, the map runs +10fps better in average)

Level 28
Ahh right, i forgot:

Recent changes are
----
*Unstacked frost effects. The maximum you can get by attacking with frost now is 25%
*The "old guy" is now a Guard Tower
*Debuffed the humans
*Added 4 little secrets - find them
*Changed some missile arts
*Commands recolored
----
i'm fixing on the performance these times (and on silly secrets) so you probably won't notice most of the changes
Hotfix, v2.27a:
*Corrected the corrupted NE - they were corrupted somehow (how ironic)

Last edited:
Level 6
Enjoyable, but far from perfect I'd say.

All testing done on EASY mode.

Starting off, fortified armor is too strong. You can usually notice when you get to a round where there is fortified armor.
Also, I'm not sure how you add hp and armor to units, and I'm not sure how it works, but if I was to guess, I'd say armor works in one of two ways, either armor damage reduction multiplied by armor type, or armor damage reduction, then armor type reduction after, or vice versa.
Either way, if a unit has 100 hp, and 50% damage reduction, the unit has 200 effective health, which is why armor scales so insanely, and also, straight damage reduction (armor, not armor type) is not affected by attack type.

I haven't tried many races, but I did try out the high elves, and I did do all the levels with it. One thing I noticed was that after level 25, the mobs suddenly are a lot harder. This is maybe intentional, but I managed to test something out due to a bug I'll get to further down. At one level, I don't remember exactly which one, but I think the creeps were called Crystal Arachnids, it took me 3 minutes to kill them all. I was last defender, all the other players had left, and I had the critical strike aura tower. I had made my maze from the level 1 tower, then I sold them and put dragonhawks and some sylvanas' towers in their place. I also had the 10% attack boost orb. The creeps would've passed through my maze in about 25-35 seconds, but it took me 3 minutes to kill them (I watched the doom timer) that's not exactly balanced I'd say. I had a lot more gold then I should've had in a normal game.
Maybe it was because I had the critical strike tower and not another one, but the next round was exactly the same, except I think it took me 30 or 40 seconds less, as I was lucky and the creeps had an armor type I did extra damage to.

Wall of text, wow :p

Anyways, some other bugs that are just plain bugs:

Many levels post-25 the creeps don't have fixed attack, and only hit for small amounts.
When I tried abusing this and simply blocking the creeps, they didn't even attack the towers.
There's a tooltip error on the first tower in the demon race.

Sorry if you feel offended or anything, but I really enjoyed your map, and would like to see it improved :)

Level 22
hello again squggy :)

well I haven't made pro yet, it's to hard :(

but I played easy with my buddy, I had chaos orc and he had tribe then we found out a bug check attachment

we made the hero never die with groms aura cause the aura affects him I think or it was one of your special auras :S

Great map as always

~baassee

Attachments

• wc3maulbug.jpg
    wc3maulbug.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 1,989
Level 4
Gj

so far this is my favorite maul map the only problem that ive seen is its wayyyy to easy and some kid i was playing with found a glitch or something so he got 100 lumber and max gold eveytime he built a tower you should probobly fix that. other than its its great XD. :thumbs_up:

Level 28
By the way, I'm rewriting the whole map in vJass now for great justice.
It might take me some time but it's worth it ;)

I'll keep this post updated to give you a brief overview

Triggers5%||||||||||||||||||||
Terrain//
Race #220%||||||||||||||||||||
Bugfixing100% so far||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited:

Moderation

WarCraftMaul: NG 2.50v2
Created by Squiggy ; Uploaded by: Squiggy
I tested and played map few times already...
Map presentation is acceptable, there is credit list...

There are few things done poorly, building summoning units and terrain for example :)
Instead of 3 workers you can have 1 or if nothing else 2, that tentacle worker like is useless, you was able to add abilities into main worker instead :)
Also terrain look ugly, why not to use dalaran or terrains with straight cliffs instead of jagged ones :)
And for the end map is little 2 hard for noobs, maybe you should add tutorial like difficulty :)
So players can play with 50% reduced creep hp (example) and any race just to learn :)

Now good things... Epic number of combinations and races for player to pick, making each new game unique...
So many towers and different ways to build and work your strategy is really awesome... Each new wave will randomly place different auras helping creeps bothering player even more :)
There is few maps with same quality and originality out there...

I checked script, it seams that you cleaned leaks and that's really great.

And for the end suggestions:
-Combine auras with floating text (describe aura)
-Use 1 worker, easy to play (after pick remove others)
-Improve terrain
-Maybe few more difficulties
-Game modes? -all random, -all pick, -no dark/light...

So after all this I want to rate map with 4/5 mark because of cool gamepay and originality.
Good job dude, have a nice day.
Map status: Approved

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/