• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Possible but Impossible things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Here we are, the game of the Possible but Impossible!
This topic, we will find what is possible but impossible to do in Warcraft III! And you must give a reason why it is impossible.
Here's mine :
1. Defeating a Level 10 Blademaster (Bladestorm, 3 Images, Critical Strike, uh...)
2. DotA : Defeating Yurnero the Juggernaut 1v1 (Omnislash, burn them!)
3. Killing a Granite Golem with priest with damage over 40000 (You know why? Priest's attack is magic.)
4. Making Gold Mines Unlimited (Even it is 1000000, the capacity still reduces, right?)
5. One does not simply use Death Coil to heal a friendly Human unit.

Share yours! Just keep it clean.

3. Killing a Granite Golem with priest with damage over 40000 (You know why? Priest's attack is magic.)
4. Making Gold Mines Unlimited (Even it is 1000000, the capacity still reduces, right?)
3. Just change the attack type. I'd use Chaos for we all know why.
4. Well, a little trick here and there can archive such.
5. A triggered verse or a modified holy light will do the job :p (just use death coil arts)

Mine :
1. Using vJass in Normal WE (duh. JassHelper needed)
2. Making 100% periodic triggered spells into MUI without any index method (this is quite difficult to explain sometimes, hate to be dizzy maker :p)
3. Making a map with high quality in 1 day (obviously)

- Making a campaign in 2 days (Impossible but possible if the developer doesn't rest)

Nonsense!
I can, just put 5 blizz melee maps and call it a day. :D

use the world editor to give units negative flying height, it used to be possible with the old warcraft but not anymore
They removed it. I recall doing it for a submarine but it reverts to 0 (in editor it's below water but in game, no)

Level 19
give a unit an impossible flying height used to set them so height up that when attacked, arrows and other junk would fly at the screen

Aaaaaagh!

you can't do that anymore either :-(

Level 19
I thought that was possible still?

I've tried it, doesn't work anymore... I wanted to add it for a cool effect.... nope warcraft you ass hole

it's an old school technique, and I was proud of that... now it's gone

use spirit link to link all your units together. making your peons impossible to kill unless every units life goes down... new version, not possible :-(

Level 21

Doom Bringer ---> Ulti on Yurnero ---> Yurnero can't use ulti ---> Yurnero X_X
Bane Elemental ---> Enfeeble ---> Omnislash useless ---> Ulti + Brain Sap; Nightmare if he tries to escape ---> Yurnero X_X
Faceless Void ---> Chronosphere ---> Yurnero X_X (even if Yurnero ulties first, the passive skill would help void to survive)

And there are more...

As for the possible but impossible... ehm... dunno, I don't wanna state the obvious so... I'll think a little about it.

Level 18
Doom Bringer ---> Ulti on Yurnero ---> Yurnero can't use ulti ---> Yurnero X_X
Bane Elemental ---> Enfeeble ---> Omnislash useless ---> Ulti + Brain Sap; Nightmare if he tries to escape ---> Yurnero X_X
Faceless Void ---> Chronosphere ---> Yurnero X_X (even if Yurnero ulties first, the passive skill would help void to survive)

And there are more...

As for the possible but impossible... ehm... dunno, I don't wanna state the obvious so... I'll think a little about it.

One does not simply fight yurnero 1v1. He doesn't even need omnislash, he will slash the shit out of you with right items.

1. Defeating a Level 10 Blademaster (Bladestorm, 3 Images, Critical Strike, uh...)

1. AoE
2. Ghost Scepter/Ethereal Blade
3. Change gameplay constants
4. There's probably a solution to it, I think you can probably set the value manually anyway
5. Welp

Status
Not open for further replies.