• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Is there some way some group of us could continue this project? It seems to be a waste if a project with more than 22k views goes unfinished halfway.

Level 19
Sure:)
Hehe, honestly I was hoping somehow you'd suddenly change your mind and work on the map again, still quite eager to see this map even after the bad news.

Level 9
Do NOT blame Al so much, I know he tried to keep this project together, though I'll admit more effort would have produced more results :/

Level 9
Well.. that as well, I mean, would someone make wonderful models/textures or anything else available to you if you were angering him?

Al, were any of the custom tile texture-sets ever completed?

Level 19
Al, is there some way you could work on the project, like less often than before, but still providing a teeny bit of finishing touches, we were really excited over this project. D:

Level 27
Seriously people, stop insulting Al for not finishing his project, else I'll personally sneak into your house and replace all right shoes with ready-to-detonate landmines!

See, this project was somewhat doomed long time ago. Otherwise, Al still might continue the project, well maybe not so ambitiously and alone, but the project is not completely dead! It's just... sleeping. *Pokes the project's corpse with a stick* Okay maybe it is dead...

Level 3
images
very sad. Although i have never made a model (nor really know how to), I'm very sad that Fall of Draenor is being closed. (sorry if my url didn't work for the sad face)

Level 8
With great sorrow, I have to inform you that I am officially closing Fall of Draenor project.

The reasons why I am doing it are quite numerous, main being lack of drive, poor leadership skills and lack of faith in the project. Now that age of Warcraft is at its dawn, there is little point to make such an ambitious project. I however wish luck to all the modifications out there, such as Edge of Eternity and Tides of Darkness.
The people who supported us through our way, I want to thank you. Sorry, that the project will never be finished.
And to the members of our team, thank you for helping me try to realise a dream and for trying to improve our favorite game. I hope that no one of you will blame himself for the end of the project, as it is I who has failed you. This has been a long year and I hope that from this project we will take only the good. The resources that you have made for the project may be released into public. If you dont wish to release something, I plan to pass the resources on to another project so that they wouldnt go to waste.

Thank you all for your help and support to Fall of Draenor, and let us remember it as a dream and not as a stopped project. Good luck to you all and goodbye to all of you from Fall of Draenor.

Alagremm.

That's why.

Level 19
Hmm... Could an unprotected version of the unfinished map be sent to somebody (That's trusted) for backup or for further continuation in case?

Level 8
With great sorrow, I have to inform you that I am officially closing Fall of Draenor project.

The reasons why I am doing it are quite numerous, main being lack of drive, poor leadership skills and lack of faith in the project. Now that age of Warcraft is at its dawn, there is little point to make such an ambitious project. I however wish luck to all the modifications out there, such as Edge of Eternity and Tides of Darkness.
The people who supported us through our way, I want to thank you. Sorry, that the project will never be finished.
And to the members of our team, thank you for helping me try to realise a dream and for trying to improve our favorite game. I hope that no one of you will blame himself for the end of the project, as it is I who has failed you. This has been a long year and I hope that from this project we will take only the good. The resources that you have made for the project may be released into public. If you dont wish to release something, I plan to pass the resources on to another project so that they wouldnt go to waste.

Thank you all for your help and support to Fall of Draenor, and let us remember it as a dream and not as a stopped project. Good luck to you all and goodbye to all of you from Fall of Draenor.

Alagremm.

Because of the above statement.

Level 27
Dear Ladies and Worgen, the current way of your of trying to persuade Al to resume the project is uneffective and may cause negative effect. The more effective ways would be someway proving you are worth to inherit this project and continuing it, inspiring Alagremm to continue the project by giving some really detailed and great artwork, resources, race tech tree or other information that would make all scream like this: "weee!", or just suppling the Tleno's comitee of overtaking Al's property for good™ with enough funds to hire a contract killer and bribe Al's lawyer... oh wait that would be me :3

now enough jokes peeople, your words won't revive this projects, only actions can. I myself would step up and take over a project, becomming it's leader and leaving Al as just a terrainer/main designer, but unfortunately my leadership skills are not higher than Alagremm's, so this second chance wouldn't last long.

Okay, just because I would like to see this project continued too, I'm gonna sue the final argument.
Al, if you would have managed to continue the project, there would be a high possibility Blizzard would notice you and possibly even hire you, just like Icefrog or that guy that begun a World of Starcraft map project...
Did it worked?

Level 23
Tleno...
1.NEVER compare me to IceFrog. Hes a talented guy but he created an abomination!
2.Blizzard notices popular stuff. Mods dont get popular as much as simple maps, pretty much the way mems are more popular then good videos.
3.Working on Blizzard? Please. I dont want to go to live America or France and I surely dont want to work for them. Plus Im the project leader, project uses Warcraft lore except some things I made up. They'd rather make interest in the modellers and programmers.

Level 27
3. That's not what you told me about working for Blizzard on the Skype...

1. Actually IceFrog was not the creator of AoS, he was not the creator of Dota, just some guy made Dota, lots of people stole Dota, one of them made Dota: Allstars, which became the dominant Dota, then he stopped modding and passed the project to Icefrog. Those suckers from valve should check out the project history more, not just pick the current leader of it...

4. Pancakes with maple sirup? Yes I'd love some!

2. you could like send your map to them or someway attract their attention, or spread some hoax about your campaing like celebrities do to become famous. I mean if you would manage to make project like this you would have proven you are a talented project leader and you're born to be a game designer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.