• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dab

dab

Level 10
Or an ogre riding a goblin.
On a more serious note, that artifact idea is kinda... meh. Though yeah, since you're going to include it, each race should have it's own Shrine. Like altars.

Agreed. However, I'm thinking we wouldn't do global artifacts, but race designed artifacts? As I'm not too happy about that ogres should get something they don't understand at all, and then gain powers from it. Or opposite, that Draenei or Orc get an item that is far too primitive for them.

dab

dab

Level 10
We still need to think about that system. Yes, I've too been thinking about what would has happened if ogres got a Holographic Crystal or something like that...

"*Gnurff....* Who make shiny crystals? Me smash first shiny. Me want more."... Could end in rampage.... or Draeneis about a stone figure? "So.... primitive.. How could any being ever worship such lower degrees of technology, well, not to say, STONES?! *Throws it away*"

Level 5
dab1996 I agree with you but how about if the more primitive races get and advanced artifact they can't get anything from it and they can only sell it to the more advanced races.If the more advanced races get a Primitive relic/artifact they can also sell it to the primitive races.

dab

dab

Level 10
dab1996 I agree with you but how about if the more primitive races get and advanced artifact they can't get anything from it and they can only sell it to the more advanced races.If the more advanced races get a Primitive relic/artifact they can also sell it to the primitive races.

One problem: I'm not sure ogre's know how much to charge for a super-ligthspeed battery... But, in theory it could work

Level 16
Artifact examples
Draenei - A Naa'ru fragment
Orcs - Lo'Gosh fang
Arrakoa- Feather of terrok
Ogre - Spike of Gronn ?
Wha do ya think mon?

Level 4
Just make artifacts like "Gronn Fist", "Dark Portal Shard", "Ner'zhul's Stave", "Soul-shard of Archimonde"? I don't think any ogre would say no to a staff that can incinerate a target, a stone that can revive the dead, or a shard that can call forth demons.

I like your idea of generalised artifacts but we're talking pre-First War era of Draenor so your suggestions are a bit ahead of their time.

Also, I think if there's one thing Warcraft proves, it's that primative mysticism on Azeroth or Draenor can sometimes be just as potent as modern technologies.

Mug'thol is an example of this. Under the control of Sylvanas, he attained the Crown of Will, a powerful arcane artifact he did not understand and yet was able to use regardless.

Another example is Nobundo who, after becoming a Broken one, was unable to call upon the Holy Light, a source of power most in Warcraft would consider advanced or civil, he turned to the path of shamanism which, though primative, proved just as potent for him, if not more so, than his former following.

dab

dab

Level 10
I like your idea of generalised artifacts but we're talking pre-First War era of Draenor so your suggestions are a bit ahead of their time.

Also, I think if there's one thing Warcraft proves, it's that primative mysticism on Azeroth or Draenor can sometimes be just as potent as modern technologies.

Mug'thol is an example of this. Under the control of Sylvanas, he attained the Crown of Will, a powerful arcane artifact he did not understand and yet was able to use regardless.

Another example is Nobundo who, after becoming a Broken one, was unable to call upon the Holy Light, a source of power most in Warcraft would consider advanced or civil, he turned to the path of shamanism which, though primative, proved just as potent for him, if not more so, than his former following.

Hm yeah... guessing we'll have to figure the system sooner or later.

Level 4
Supprisingly not. I've been busy with other things. I shall get to work with the rest of the racial themes soon but I thought, since it was all fairly quiet, that getting them finished wasn't a MASSIVE priority at the moment.

Also, whoever embed Rick Astley onto every page of this site wants shooting, it's mind-numbingly annoying.

Level 23
When people will finally awake.
Even though debode believes modellers are not the most important part of the project, right now Supertoinkz and takakenji are busy with their own stuff so no progress except ideas and plans now.

dab

dab

Level 10
When people will finally awake.
Even though debode believes modellers are not the most important part of the project, right now Supertoinkz and takakenji are busy with their own stuff so no progress except ideas and plans now.

Yeah, I actually thought that I posted the map to you, and that you've got takaka to ask for it xD

Level 16
So it's 0true you can't mod or do self anything...I will do what debode is doing right now. Waiting for something worth to be helped for.

Level 13
Alagremm, but why, oh why, don't you make a custom MPQ and a test map for races WITHOUT the arts?
FYI, the MPQ wouldn't be necessary, just compile the test map...

Also, I don't see why people need help for compiling an MPQ, it's just like making a zip file, but whatever, I may not know what you're planning to do with that.

Also... MPQDraft

dab

dab

Level 10
FYI, the MPQ wouldn't be necessary, just compile the test map...

Also, I don't see why people need help for compiling an MPQ, it's just like making a zip file, but whatever, I may not know what you're planning to do with that.

Also... MPQDraft

exFUCKINGactly... Its very simple... That's why everyone can help, and nobody really needs help.

dab

dab

Level 10
Well actually I wanted to make a presentation map for some time now, but lately I was too busy with RL.

Hope if fings go like they do now, I'll make the presention map soon

Great! :D And sorry for being hostile in the other post, was generally just pissed(IRL problems). But yeah, creating the MPQ shouldn't be the excuse to the fans that want to test. And I propose that we actually DO start an map. Do a sketch map and lets mod from that. I believe people are getting impatient, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.