• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
here is the ogre lord

finished it yesterday, thought i'd show you guys

fv8wef.png

Take away the armour, weapon and darken the skin and make it look a little more gnarled and you have yourself the perfect Gronn model

Level 4
Also, since it was king Maulgar that lead the Bladespire clan from the weakest of Ogre clans to the rulers of Blade's Edge Mountains, wouldn't it make sense to make him the chief protagonist of the Ogre campaign or at least prominant in some way?

Level 4
Appologies again for the double post, I was drunk : D
It's amazing to think it made sense at all!
And alright Alagremm, I trust yeh!
And fair enough Takakenji, perhaps you could finish the model then hand it over to a skinner?

Level 16
Hmm i was remaking(as always) hos models. I saw they have used shoulderplates wich have remembered me the turtles here :
marauder.jpg
[/IMG]

Level 16
Debo when will you get it. I STOPED IT!

Edit:Ala and what d oyou think about making some sort of ogre hell boar rider? This one uses wow skins(the ogre is modified) and the weapon is used bu nangard guardians( meet them last week, when i was leveling my hunt).

Edit 2 : It is not a conflict, i just remember debode that i stopped ripping since... Hmm long time ago.

Level 13
To tell the truth, the Stygians aren't planned in the next build of HoS. :razz:

(About takakenji's model)
1. Change his head, it looks like a square... or just like the Mountain Giant's one.
2. Improve his wrap. Just look at where the nipples are and at where they're supposed to be. Or cover them... Also, his belly is just too big compared to the rest of the chest.

(About Jokemaster's model)
I don't see any problem with ogres using axes, though that model should be an advanced unit or a hero just because of that axe.

Last edited:
Level 4
I think Ogres are a little too...well...hefty to have cavelry. I'd personal think Ogres be good with their cavelry being wild animals they have tamed/enslaved. The models presented look good but yes, we do have to bare in mind the Ogres somewhat reudamentry lifestyle.

Level 23
Boy, Gilneans are crazy breeders.

Anyway, we should return on-topic. I want to talk about the artifact building.
As we decided there wont be artifacts for buildings, but there will be a special building where you can put... lets call them relics for now. You put relics there in order to imrove production(peons carry 5 more lumber, that sort of thing), increases the defence or strenght of units, vitality, health regeneration, creates an aura around the building and so on.

Level 4
---MOUNTS---
With regards to Tauren and Worgen mounts, you must bare in mind gameplay mechanics. In the origional run of WoW, Tauren didn't have mounts at all. They had a skill called 'plainsrunning' which they learnt at level 40 (www.wowwiki.com/Plainsrunning). However, since the skill was awekward to set up and at that time, Tauren were the only race without mounts (and so people obviously became pissy), they were given Kodo. In the same regard as how Draenei were given Shaman and Blood Elves were given Paladins, they were neccisary implaments to keep the paying populus happy and keep the game balanced.
I'm half and half with regards to WoW lore. I think some of Blizzard's ideas (particularly the events of the Burning Crusade) when editing or adding to Warcraft lore for WoW are amazing and really inavitive. However, some of their other ideas (such as the Scarlet Crusade and pretty much Cataclysm in it's entirity) I find grate horrificaly with me and, in some cases, just plain don't make sense.

But back on subject, as far as Warcraft III goes, Tauren don't ride mounts, nor do Ogres, and to see an Ogre on the back of a giant pig would be ridiculous to say the least and I personally wouldn't be able to take them seriously.

---ARTIFACTS---
I reckon each race should have a 'shrine' in the same way they each have Altars.

Level 8
In reference to 'relics,' as Alagremm said, your idea comes back to an Age of Empires II thing: relics are scattered across the map, and when you bring 'em back, you get a bonus, or, if you can find them all (or steal them all from your enemies), you win the melee game.

Level 4
In reference to 'relics,' as Alagremm said, your idea comes back to an Age of Empires II thing: relics are scattered across the map, and when you bring 'em back, you get a bonus, or, if you can find them all (or steal them all from your enemies), you win the melee game.

That's what I thought when I first read the idea. It was a good system though, well worth implamenting. Like the one ring in Battle For Middle Earth II, it makes gameplay interesting because it forces you to move out as soon as possible to secure the item before the enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.