• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Cinamatic Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm playing Warcraft III on a Windows 7 laptop and there is a weird issue with the cinematics where it shrinks down to the center of my screen and there is a good 2-3 inches of darkness from the edges of my screen.

My question is, does anyone know how to fix this issue or know a thread that already exists that shows how to fix it please?

This is normal. The game has been designed back when 4:3 screens were the standard. And many movies at that time had "cinema scope" aka 16:9 resolution with black borders on the top and bottom.

So basicly, your screen runs a 4:3 resolution in the videos (which adds black borders left and right), which have another 16:9 baked in (which adds black borders top and bottom).
That's why you effectively have black borders everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.