• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rundll.exe heating up my laptop plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello guys

whenever i start warcraft 3 a process starts up 'windows host process (Rundll32) (32bit)' under the process tab and its using 27% and more of my CPU, its causing my laptop to heat up so much, the location of the file is in the 'sysWOW64' folder in the 'Windows' folder, its named 'rundll.exe'

i saw another thread in the forum related to the issue but they are for windows 7,

please help me solve this issue guys i cant play the game because of this file running and heating up my laptop,

also warcraft 3 never runs when i try to open it once, on the second attempt only the game starts running

plz help

thanks

Level 8
i will look into the forums you mentioned right away, but can you plz tell me how to disable game explorer's usage collector??

thanks for the quick response man, i really appreciate it

edit: WOOOOO hurrayyy, problem solveddddd... wow man thanks, m so happy, thank you soooo much dear friend, now i can enjoy the game hehehehehheehehehee

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Oh ya you're right Zwiebelchen. For now the 'Rundll32.exe' was really the reason for overheating my laptop. i am going to get the laptop cleaned soon for sure,

thanks a lot

After you did that, I recommend not running your laptop on fabric surfaces. The architecture of most laptops is designed in a way that air is sucked in from below and exhausted from the sides. If you put your laptop on soft fabric (most likely case: putting your laptop on a bed or pillow), you basicly clog the ventilation grills. This and you actually vent more fluff in, which doesn't do your hardware any good.

Laptops are throwaway products nowadays... but that doesn't mean you can't take means to increase their lifespan.

Level 8
yeeupppp, ya i keep the laptop on a table, me and my roomate play on lan, n njoy the heck out of warcraft 3 heheheheheehe,

hey, thanks lordDz, i will look into the link now,

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.