• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Screenshot issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have a minor issue when taking screenshots with a regular fullscreen game client using Print screen in Windows 10.

The issue is that the screenshot will only capture about 70% of the game window from the upper left corner, which tells me that the screenshot feature is misreading the resolution of the game client to being smaller than it is.

Is there a known fix for this, or do I have to play the game in windowed mode/Full-screen whenever I wanna take screenshots?

Level 8
Tried pasting the picture in Paint?

Also, try print screening with these options:
Local problem with standard icons
Pasting in Paint is what I've been doing with Screenhots since 1998. It's basically home to me!

As for the command line and registry changes. Are these changes to WC3 registries, or Windows registries? I am kinda hessitant to mess around with Windows registries, as it kind of feels like a stacked card tower at times. Like how deleting an old version of Visual Studio would cause LoL to be unable to run for several years before it was fixed...

Level 8
Of course not, you write them in the shortcut of the Warcraft III executable.
Ah, wasn't aware that's where you wanted me to apply them. Haven't really done any of this yet, but thanks for clarifying.

Did you try setting the game resolution to less?
Ew, no.
I mean, I guess that would fix this, but I am generally not a fan of workarounds. Like I said, I can probably just use Windowed mode for these screenshots, but I'd rather figure out this problem for a variety of reasons including technical curiosity.

With that in mind, thanks for your current efforts!

Status
Not open for further replies.