• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Open Maps window size exceeds offscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else experience this issue whenever you open maps (with WE 1.31.1) the Open Maps window will look like this? Is there a way to adjust the default size of this window?

It's always like that, even if your resize the window, everytime you open another map the Open Map window will return back to its default size. Looks like this window doesn't respect my resolution for some reason.

• I already tried changing Windows Compatibility mode, no luck
• Tried disabling Full Screen Optimizations, no luck either.
• It actually took me days before I realized there are actually buttons below.

upload_2019-9-8_16-42-45.png

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I'm more annoyed that the terrain/unit/doodad pallete on the right always starts like that regardless in what position you put it when you save your map or how far down you stretch it.

The thing you mentioned doesn't happen to me. I don't know whether it's a resolution thing or not.
So, you put the video options to match those of the game?

Have you tried both the x86 and x64_x86 editor .exes?
I already tried both, I used to edit maps in 64 bit version but it the editor keeps crashing so I had to switch to 32 bit version, the maps window size is still the same. I tried plugging my laptop to my TV and it works fine. I think the maps window size doesn't really respect HD screens.

Also, you can stretch that window how you like but I guess you have to do it every time like with the palette.

Yes, that's exactly what I pointed out at the very top, that's the problem. I don't want to resize it everytime I open maps just to close the window or go back one folder (because these buttons are off-screen).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.