1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Open Maps window size exceeds offscreen

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Strydhaizer, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Does anyone else experience this issue whenever you open maps (with WE 1.31.1) the Open Maps window will look like this? Is there a way to adjust the default size of this window?

It's always like that, even if your resize the window, everytime you open another map the Open Map window will return back to its default size. Looks like this window doesn't respect my resolution for some reason.

• I already tried changing Windows Compatibility mode, no luck
    • Tried disabling Full Screen Optimizations, no luck either.
    • It actually took me days before I realized there are actually buttons below.

upload_2019-9-8_16-42-45.png

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm more annoyed that the terrain/unit/doodad pallete on the right always starts like that regardless in what position you put it when you save your map or how far down you stretch it.

The thing you mentioned doesn't happen to me. I don't know whether it's a resolution thing or not.
    So, you put the video options to match those of the game?

3. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Yes, it's set to true by default for me. I don't think those options have something to do with the windows sizes though.

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Do you have a "low" resolution monitor or maybe too high? I have no idea what it could be.

Can you stretch the window?

5. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Well I'm currently using my mid-end laptop when making maps, it has 1366x768 resolution, have an Intel Integrated Graphics 520 and NVIDIA 940M graphics card.

I honestly feel like the Open Maps window only respects 2K monitors for some reason, I wish they atleast considered lower screen resolutions too.

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Try other resolutions in both the game+editor and the monitor. See what happens.

7. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Nope, no luck, it's still happening, I believe it's fixed like that. Hopefully there's a registry or config file fix for this.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Have you tried both the x86 and x64_x86 editor .exes?

These are my preferences:
    prefW1.png prefW2.png

Also, you can stretch that window how you like but I guess you have to do it every time like with the palette.

9. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I already tried both, I used to edit maps in 64 bit version but it the editor keeps crashing so I had to switch to 32 bit version, the maps window size is still the same. I tried plugging my laptop to my TV and it works fine. I think the maps window size doesn't really respect HD screens.

Yes, that's exactly what I pointed out at the very top, that's the problem. I don't want to resize it everytime I open maps just to close the window or go back one folder (because these buttons are off-screen).

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019