• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Beta - Misc Unused Sounds

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Multiple unused sound files present in the Warcraft III beta MPQ. Check this thread for more!
Contents

BansheeAttack1 (Sound)

DruidOfTheClawYesAttack1 (Sound)

DryadYesAttack1 (Sound)

GoblinSapperWarcry1 (Sound)

HeroMoonPriestessPissed1 (Sound)

HeroMoonPriestessPissed2 (Sound)

HeroMoonPriestessPissed3 (Sound)

HeroPaladinYesAttack3 (Sound)

HeroTaurenChieftainPissed1 (Sound)

HeroTaurenChieftainPissed2 (Sound)

HeroTaurenChieftainPissed3 (Sound)

HeroTaurenChieftainPissed4 (Sound)

HeroTaurenChieftainPissed5 (Sound)

HeroTaurenChieftainPissed6 (Sound)

NecromancerTownAttack1 (Sound)

PeasantBuilding1 (Sound)

PeasantBuilding2 (Sound)

PeasantBuilding3 (Sound)

PeasantBuilding4 (Sound)

SentinelNoFood1 (Sound)

Level 2
So that's why in Polish the Undead announcer says "Infidels have breached our defenses!" It's just like Arthas's "I'm so tired" line - the lines got changed after the copies were already sent for localisation.

So that's why in Polish the Undead announcer says "Infidels have breached our defenses!" It's just like Arthas's "I'm so tired" line - the lines got changed after the copies were already sent for localisation.
They changed that one as well as the Paladin's line with the word infidels. I guess they thought that word doesn't fit Warcraft.

Level 21
Definitely gonna use some of the voice lines for my upcoming project "Path of the Damned Remastered".
If I can manage to use it without failing but I think I'd be able to do it!

Any chance that there are more voice lines that have not been recovered?

Level 21
They changed that one as well as the Paladin's line with the word infidels.
Yes, DruidOfTheClawYesAttack1.wav and DryadYesAttack1.wav also said: "Die, infidel!"
Any chance that there are more voice lines that have not been recovered?
Definitely; you can find more of them in the beta MPQ archives (attached to the first post of this thread, among other things).

Yes, DruidOfTheClawYesAttack1.wav and DryadYesAttack1.wav also said: "Die, infidel!"

Definitely; you can find more of them in the beta MPQ archives (attached to the first post of this thread, among other things).
Amazing! I'll add them here too. Do you know of any other lines not previously mentioned on Hive?

Level 21
Amazing! I'll add them here too. Do you know of any other lines not previously mentioned on Hive?
I have a folder (attached below) with many sounds I exported from the RoC and TFT beta MPQ archives, but I didn't separate spoken lines from other sounds, such as non-verbal sound sets, weapon sounds, ability sounds, ambient noise, etc. I only exported all sounds that I noticed were changed or removed in the final version of the game.

Keep in mind that I didn't care about preserving the MPQ folder structure; there are no subfolders; I simply dumped all sounds into one place. Without searching (Ctrl+F) through the beta MPQ listfiles it can be difficult to deduce where each file was originally located.

The folder also contains sounds I exported from the Blizzard's Halloween-themed AoS map, called the Extreme Candy War 2004, but not from other maps found in the standard Scenario folders (such as Funny Bunny's Egg Hunt and Skibi's Castle TD), because the sounds are quite specific and have very limited use outside of those maps.

It's worth mentioning that even the MPQs from the standard retail version of the game still contain unique sounds that are completely unused (although I didn't include them here); they are not linked to any abilities, sound events or sound sets. I'm still using patch 1.29, but from what I've seen, things aren't much better when it comes to the MPQ successor, the CASC archives.
LightningShield and LavaSpawnSplit sound events were mistakenly made to use the same four-letter code, which results in the sound for the former being unused and the latter always being played instead.

One of the three Tauren Chieftain's attack sounds is unused.

Ancient Protector has unused ready and death sounds.

Ghost/Wraith has her own death sound, but uses the undead Banshee's death sound instead.

The unused Flaming Arrow Missile has its own hit sounds, but uses the Searing Arrow sounds instead.

Treant Missile has its own sound, but it uses the Ancient Protector Missile sounds instead.

There are two unused construction loops that appear to have been intended for neutral buildings.

There is also a death sound for neutral buildings, but they all use the death sounds of Human or Orc buildings instead.

Attachments

• WC3 Old Sounds.zip
    24.6 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Took a minute & transcribed all these, for easier Searching I guess:

BansheeAttack1 - gruesome female scream
DruidOfTheClawYesAttack1 - "Die, infidel."
DryadYesAttack1 - "Die infidel!"
GoblinSapperWarcry1 - 3 voices "Destiny awaits!"
HeroMoonPriestessPissed1 - "I command the army of darkness." tiger growls
HeroMoonPriestessPissed2 - "I'm caught between the moon and Night Elf city."
HeroMoonPriestessPissed3 - "C'mon, we're burning moonlight!" tiger groans
HeroPaladinYesAttack3 - "Death to the infidels!"
HeroTaurenChieftainPissed1 - "Ooohmmf, my back is killing me."
HeroTaurenChieftainPissed2 - "I need to take a load off."
HeroTaurenChieftainPissed3 - "Oooaaaoogh... I think I have a splinter!"
HeroTaurenChieftainPissed4 - "These poles are heavy... I should find someone else to tote-'em."
HeroTaurenChieftainPissed5 - "I used to have to go to war uphill, both ways!"
HeroTaurenChieftainPissed6 - "You're way right away" //unsure on this one//
NecromancerTownAttack1 - "Infidels have breached our defenses!"
PeasantBuilding1 - "Construction zone. Do not enter!"
PeasantBuilding2 - "Hard hat required!"
PeasantBuilding3 - "Move along. Nothing to see here."
PeasantBuilding4 - "I need a hard hat!"
SentinelNoFood1 - "Create more Moon Wells."

Level 21
Took a minute & transcribed all these, for easier Searching I guess:

BansheeAttack1 - gruesome female scream
DruidOfTheClawYesAttack1 - "Die, infidel."
DryadYesAttack1 - "Die infidel!"
GoblinSapperWarcry1 - 3 voices "Destiny awaits!"
HeroMoonPriestessPissed1 - "I command the army of darkness." tiger growls
HeroMoonPriestessPissed2 - "I'm caught between the moon and Night Elf city."
HeroMoonPriestessPissed3 - "C'mon, we're burning moonlight!" tiger groans
HeroPaladinYesAttack3 - "Death to the infidels!"
HeroTaurenChieftainPissed1 - "Ooohmmf, my back is killing me."
HeroTaurenChieftainPissed2 - "I need to take a load off."
HeroTaurenChieftainPissed3 - "Oooaaaoogh... I think I have a splinter!"
HeroTaurenChieftainPissed4 - "These poles are heavy... I should find someone else to tote-'em."
HeroTaurenChieftainPissed5 - "I used to have to go to war uphill, both ways!"
HeroTaurenChieftainPissed6 - "You're way right away" //unsure on this one//
NecromancerTownAttack1 - "Infidels have breached our defenses!"
PeasantBuilding1 - "Construction zone. Do not enter!"
PeasantBuilding2 - "Hard hat required!"
PeasantBuilding3 - "Move along. Nothing to see here."
PeasantBuilding4 - "I need a hard hat!"
SentinelNoFood1 - "Create more Moon Wells."
Moon Priestess is so cool :xxd:

I think the HeroTaurenChieftainPissed6 voice line says: "Your way right away" (as if: "I'm going the way you want me to go right now") I think it fits more of a command where you right click the unit to move somewhere but it's a "pissed" voice line which is interesting.

Last edited: