• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Unused File Of Diablo III 1.18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey Cloudwolf ive deprotected the map but ive seen some unused file in your map its D3W.mp3 its the song of diablo III

Attachments

• D3W.Jpg
    D3W.Jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 286
Level 30
Hey Cloudwolf ive deprotected the map but ive seen some unused file in your map its D3W.mp3 its the song of diablo III

First of all, please don't de-protect our maps =] Developers spend days upon days creating the maps that you enjoy, with no thought of payment. Map-protecting is the only option available to us to ensure the safety of our ideas and coding. It helps to prevent map-hacking and prevent unofficial versions from being released.

Sorry to be so abrupt, I honestly don't have a problem sharing my parts of the map. I personally love the fact that people can open and learn from them :) However, D3W was a group project and some of our project members did not want to leak any of their coding, which is the reason for its protection.

I'm confident you had no intention of releasing a hacked version, and were just interested. In future though, if you want an unprotected version of a map, ask the creator first :)

As for the D3W.mp3, I believe the music file is used during all 3 of the major boss-fights :) Thanks for reporting it anyway, I'm always on the lookout for redundant files :)

Status
Not open for further replies.