• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III: Azeroth Reborn

Level 16
I only found out about this today.
unknown.png

This is a WC3 remake in SC2.
The Prologue Campaign: Exodus of the Horde was released June 25, 2022.
]

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
StarCraft II maps like this are why I still think Blizzard would have been better off making Warcraft III Reforged using the StarCraft II engine rather than trying to upgrade Warcraft III.

Real time shadows, advanced shader effects, responsive unit movement, near unlimited unit selection. It was all there, ready to use, in front of them.

StarCraft II maps like this are why I still think Blizzard would have been better off making Warcraft III Reforged using the StarCraft II engine rather than trying to upgrade Warcraft III.

Real time shadows, advanced shader effects, responsive unit movement, near unlimited unit selection. It was all there, ready to use, in front of them.
That was their original intent. The Reforged HD HUD is copied from the one made for SC2. I hoped that would have happened with StarCraft 1 before SC:RM was released (that SC:RM would be like Mass Recall instead of an update to the old game), but SC:RM made me understand why Blizzard remaking SC1 and Wc3 in SC2 wouldn't be ideal.

1. Melee players will have to re-learn the game. SC2's Quality of Life improvements heavily change the way the game is played.
2. SC1/Wc3 Custom maps won't be compatible with the SC2 engine, so people would need to remake them using the convertor in the Editor and a lot of fine-tuning. And porting imported assets sounds like a nightmare.