• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft II: The Drums of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Warcraft II: The Drums of War
Screen1.jpgScreen2.jpgScreen3.JPGScreen4.JPGScreen5.jpg
Screen9.JPGScreen6.jpgScreen7.JPGScreen8.JPGScreen10.JPG

Warcraft II: The Drums of War is a campaign that takes place during the Second War when the Orcish Horde begins their invasion of northern Azeroth. However, to stop the Horde's advance through their lands, the seven Human nations have formed an alliance. What will become of this Second War? Will the Horde stand victorious once more, or will their pride and corruption be their downfall?

The Team:
  • Linaze (terrain, triggers and story).
  • Mr.Goblin (textures and icons).
  • Debode (models).
  • Cavman (models).

Features:
  • An Orc campaign featuring missions of several different genres.
  • Two new techtrees that resembles the original Warcraft II techtrees.
  • Naval battles and transports.
  • Original Warcraft II music that adds to the Warcraft II feel.
  • Completely written in Jass AI's and custom spells.

Techtrees:
2924ah0.png

r224nr.png

Last edited:
Level 15
Interesting...
My first impressions:
The terrain is decent.
There are not too many custom models, good :)
The units seem rather normal :(

Some comments about the post itself:
Give more information. Like maybe a techtree with what units a building produces, the requirements etc. But do not give the unit information, it could be nice to keep it secret :)

Some questions.
Who do you play as? Human or Orcs?
What makes this map worth playing?
Are there any special features about the units that make them special? Do they become more powerful through combat or something (suggestion!)?
Are there any buildings with special functions? For example something that can train a Tier 1 Unit to a stronger unit or something (suggestion!).
What are the roles of the heroes in the game? Do they have more importance than in most campaigns (where they are just units who can level up and use items)?

Generally thats all. Units, heroes, buildings, storyline, strategy and planning are some of the most important parts of a campaign.

Level 8
"Six years have passed since the last war between man and orc..."

Blood and Thunder

Blood and Thunder (BaT) is a strategic single player campaign currently under development that takes place aduring the second war on Azeroth, with the Orcish Bleeding Hollow clan in the limelight.

The Team:
  • Linaze, (Project Leader and Triggerer).
  • matyko, (Terrainer).
Features:
  • Two entirely new techtrees for the Orcish Horde and the Human Alliance featuring units such as the holy Paladins, the ruthless Ogres and the undead Death Knights.
  • A strategic campaign that requires base construction, unit training and attack strategies that puts you in control of the Orcish Bleeding Hollow Clan during the Second War.
  • Other than just pure action, this campaign aims to tell the entire story of the second war via cinematics to make the characters feel more alive, as though they have emotions, rather than just appearing as war machines.
  • Triggered abilities, custom AI's and other goodies.
Gameplay:
As mentioned above, the campaign will be a strategical one where you need to construct bases, harvest resources and train armies to defeat your enemy. So that part is rather similar to Blizzards Warcraft 3 campaigns. However, one of the big differences is that in my campaign, you will almost never begin with a base other then a Great Hall and a Pig Farm at best. I believe this is good because in Blizzards campaigns on later missions, you began with almost all necessary buildings up to like Tier 2. That way, you never needed to build Grunts/Footmans or almost any other T1 untis and could get Taurens/Knight almost directly. But in my campaign, you will need to build a base from scratch and you will need to train those T1 units, as they are the only ones available in the beginning. The result will be that all units will be usable and not only the heavy T3 ones (such as Taurens and/or Wind Riders).​

Units:
View attachment 49137Ogre
Heavy melee unit.
Upgradeable into Ogre-Mage
Skin by AnemicRoyalty.
View attachment 49139Ogre-Mage
Heavy melee/caster hybrid.
Can cast Bloodlust.
Skin by AnemicRoyalty.
More to come.
--
At the moment, progress it going quite well. The first mission is nearing completion, there's basically just cinematics and enemy AI left before that mission is done. I am planning to have 5 or 6 missions in the campaign once it's finished.
If you got any ideas, thoughts or want to contribute to the project somehow, please speak your mind in this thread.

Sounds awesome. But is it gonna be like Blizzards' campaigns? Or takes single-player campaign in a whole new way?

Level 1
1......"Two entirely new techtrees for the Orcish Horde and the Human Alliance featuring units such as the holy Paladins, the ruthless Ogres and the undead Death Knights."-----i hadn't played wc2 but had death knights entered the place then? or is it your idea?
2......regarding gameplay. will the base building happen in each of the maps?
3......any heros used?
4......i had somewhere that Kljaden makes appearance in front of orcs in second war or something like that. is it in this or i messed up?

Level 24
To answer your questions Zelda.Alex...

1. Death Knights originally came from WC2 where they were slain human knights merged with the spirits of Orcish Necrolytes, the ones in WC3 a are a new "type" of Death Knights, who are corrupted paladins.

2. Most if not all maps will have base building, yes.

3. Yes.

4. Perhaps he did, don't remember he did but you could be right, he won't in this campaign, though.

--

Edit: Added some stuff to the first post.

Level 1
1.....Will you be using AI for the enemies or we just build our base and destroy the opponents base?
2.....If yes then what would be the effects of the AI like?
3.....How many maps in this you hope to make?
4.....Will you release the campaign for playing after full completion or after first map is complete?

Level 24
1. There will be AI on the base building missions, yes (solving naval AI will be solved somehow).
2. Effects? As in how the AI would work? In that case, much like Blizzards, they will not rebuild destroyed buildings, pick up items or so. Their resources will be handled via triggering etc.
3. Somewhere around 6 is what I am aiming for at the moment.
4. That depends on how interested people will seem after releasing some information about the first chapter.

Level 35
Hm... seems risky having the same sort of missions all the way through (for example building base and conquering enemies). Will there be any survival style missions where you have so long to prepare a base and then have to survive for a certain amount of time? Will there be other playing styles? Nonetheless, I like the idea, and am wondering if I could see the demo that Zack1996 seems to be talking about. Is it possible, or would you rather not?

Level 7
Hmm, if you want to tell the storyline in a way that combines with the gameplay, I suggest another aproach to wc2 graphics. I suggest you use realistic scaled buildings and some wc2/innovative base building. Also, you need some side-missions, without this basebuilding thingy (for example, an event that happened to a hero when he was alone or something)
Also, you could add sorts of minigames (or maps with different gamestyle) to keep the campaign replayable and fun; Lastly, make a multiplayer map based on your campaign, it'll increase popularity. Make it so the campaing has useful tips for the multiplayer thingy, so players play it for more playing on bnet.

Well that's all. And yes, players play it for more playing.

Level 35
Hm... I think it would be cool to add a couple extra races in the Warcraft 2 format so it's not exactly the same as the original Warcraft 2 (otherwise, let's face it, why wouldn't we just play the original game?). You could use the Night Elves and the Undead, or rather you could create just one race to add, maybe like the Burning Legion itself :p. Just thoughts, anywayz.

Level 24
Hm... I think it would be cool to add a couple extra races in the Warcraft 2 format so it's not exactly the same as the original Warcraft 2 (otherwise, let's face it, why wouldn't we just play the original game?). You could use the Night Elves and the Undead, or rather you could create just one race to add, maybe like the Burning Legion itself :p. Just thoughts, anywayz.
You wouldn't play the original game for the same reason you're playing wc3 and not wc2, wc3 is better. And no, adding one of these races would be a lore-fuck, if I didn't change the story completely, which I have no reason to do.

Level 4
By the looks of screenshoots,all the units are too weak,witch makes everiting stupid.

As I recall there were three in WCII.

the final tier was ugly like hell!, someshort of Volcano monster D:, it didn't work with the rest of the building in warcraft2 so imagine in warcraft3.

And also, it makes the game more simple, wich is a good fact for having fun.

Level 23
You do have a point. I also disliked the final orcish hall, it didnt look orcish at all... as well as the second one.
The use of WCIII town halls actually looks good in this project. First WCII project with WCIII models that looks good, I think.

And yes, the gameplay seems to be simple and quite enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.