• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Chess

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a normal chess, you can choose between ten teams. join up with a friend online and see who's the best. In addition there is four events that effects the Crowd, can you find them all?

Have redone this map totally since it was full of bugs. believe it is quite free from that now.

Human
Blood Elf
Naga
Night Elf
Undeads
Orc
Goblins and Ogre
Demon
Elemental
Troll

-Millions of memory-leaks. (Next mission)
-King can be put in check (This will be here for a while).
-don't have AI (Never going to do...)

thanks to:
CHUNK who wrote:
http://www.jx3.net/TDG/wiki/index.php/Custom_Loading_Screen.

Keywords:
Chess, check, pieces, Strategy, 1vs1, two players,
Contents

Warcraft Chess (Map)

Reviews
17:55, 9th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
All right I am currently redoing it completely, I make the units paused and remove all [Cinematic - Disable user control] I can. This will result in radical changes and will therefore take some time to fix:sad:, but I think I have solved the multi move problem.:grin:

Update comming soon

Last edited:
Still pretty bugged to bad... U see on the first pic, I tried to bug the game, when it was my opponets turn and I could suddenly move around with my horse util he had made his move, then I couldn't move it again. And as u see, his king is in chess and he could move annother unit.

On my other pic I just moved my queen to the square where his king is now and I should have won, but no way, he just tooked my queen instead...

And u cant do a Castling :(

Attachments

• Namnlös.jpg
    Namnlös.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 670
  • Namnlös1.jpg
    Namnlös1.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 4,193
Level 4
Thanks for the feedback, I see it needs quite a bit fix, in "Quests" I wrote that it is bad to put your king in check... cause I belive it will requires a Huge trigger to prevent it, mabye make that when the rest works. And on casteling the trigger requires all three pawns to be pressent. (I don't remember the rules for that).

well the greatest problem is the horse you mention, hmmm... not good...

the reason why you probably can't take the king is be cause the triggers still indicates that the queen is there. I will have to make them dispawn faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.