• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Peppar's Multiplayer Chess

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Peppar's Multiplayer Chess (Map)

Reviews
12:50, 14th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected Not compatible with the latest version of warcraft.

M

12:50, 14th Jul 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

Not compatible with the latest version of warcraft.

Level 22
Sinege player version...? Yeah, right...entire programs have been written trying to get a reasoning AI that can beat humans and respond to the countless thousands of varients of moves and tactics...you try doing that with WC3 triggers alone.... :lol:

Back to topic: This map is absolutely incredible!! Definatly one of the best costom maps ever.
-VGsatomi

Level 1
Wow, very nice.

I would only suggest that if you could put the captured pieces on another board and toggle the camera's to see them...?

And although I don't expect this to get any support, I would have loved to see some fischer time options on the clock. But thats not a critique, cuz it rocks as is.

-traF

Level 22
I'm awarding this map the Directer's Choice Award for it's...to put it mildly, amazing use of imported textures (an entire marble chessboard), models, and the unbelievable amount of beutiful triggerwork. Loads of options...even a music jukebox to give you tunes while you play. Clocks, touch rules, arrrow key rotation and scaling, being able to change players in-game with observers...there is nothing this map doesnt have...most incredible!

Level 1
it seems all the good maps are not in the zip archive.... i tried everything including pressing "extract all" and i also did a serch in the zip to see if the map is in there... and its not... please if someone could email me this map... that would be great. My email is [email protected]

Level 2
Here's a little reivew :D :

Gameplay: 10
Graphics: 8
Sound: 9
Value: 10
Tilt: 10
Overall: 9.4 (Superb)

Learning Curve: 0-20 minuttes (depending if you know chess or not)
Difficulty: Depends on your foe.
Stabability: Absolutely TOP!

What a fantastic experience of a chess game! It was really enjoyable. Actually, the only work capable of discriping this is: FENOMINOCAL!!!! It's absolutely just like chess. Controls are über awersome, and the amount of diffirent options and settings you have is simply awesome. You know, this map has an unlimited replayability IF you want to play chess. But as most peoble wants to i see absolutely no problems of that sort. If you have observers and someone leaves and observer can take over the control of another player! Isn't that just great? The graphics in this map is also really great, though the King looks fairly cheesy, but it doesn't mean it's bad. It's quite good really. One thing that i can complain about is that you see a black "non-map" area all around the chessboard. My suggestion is to lock the camera at a certain view and simply LOCK it. And then import two new textures for the map. One that makes a terrain for this "table" around the chessboard. And one for a cliff to make it really look like a chess board. But no doubt, this has come far! And it has drilled itself right into my heart. There's nothing to discuss about it!

You can change everything. Your camera, your color, the spell it makes when a unit is moved (and it even doesn't change for anyone else than you so none will get mad at you in any way) and MANY MANY MANY other things. Just hit the Escape (ESC) buttom at your keyboard and the meny with a nice list of choices pops right up. It's really awesome, no doubt.

This map doesn't take long to download and it's a fairly good and easy gameplay. Just click a unit and rightclick on the field where you want to go. There's no reason not to download this. It is fast transferred between the computers and it's such an undescripeable feel to play this. It completely levels the game Chess xxxx (newest is 9000, right?) becouse of the awesome graphics. Easy online play (becouse of warcraft 3) and a ton of other things. Yet, unfortunetly, there is no AI! But, it doesn't mean much. As soon peoble sees this on the game list they doesn't hide themselves. No, they enter right away! Fantastic, really awesome map with a dozen of fun for all kinds of peoble!

List of suggestions:
-I would say that your king looks fairly cheesy and isn't really clear to look at. Make it better in the next version.
-The feuture that you can change your color is indeed really neat. But it could be even more neat if you could type you exact tint into the game. For example typing 255-255-255 would make you white. Typing 255-200-200 would make you light red ect. ect.
-When you move a piece, instead of just having it teleport right over, let it fly up until it reaches the middle of it's movement it begins going down to land at the exact place where you wanted it to.
-Make 2 new tiles. One for a cliff which indicates the corner of the chessboard and one for the table. Then try to make it kind of look like you are actually sitting at a chair by the table and playing chess.
-When you scroll into the edges of the screen the camera will rotate!

With these feutures enabled, it would be more than just Superb, it would proborly be perfect!

This review was done using gamespots rating system. Look for the gamespot page right here

Level 3
Amazing.
This chess game is far superior to any chess game I've ever seen.

Level 8
um, forget what i just said i pokes around and i found out how u made the terrain disapear with the doodad, thx for not protecting ur map

To make the terrain look different just imort skins terreain he has imported 2 kind of terrains white-black and then adjusted their paths for ex black is lordaeron grass and white is a dalaran tile whenever he wants white puts lordaeron and black the dalaran it is very simple its just skins

Level 19
I have a question, in the new version of Warcraft, it doesn't seem compatible... May I know how I should fix it...?

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
I have fixed this map so that it works with the latest WarCraft 3 patch. I can't figure out how the "time" dialog boxes are supposed to work, but I am guessing that some other changed functionality messed it up without throwing syntax errors. So if someone cares about it, it is up to them to figure it out and fix it.

Interestingly, I learned during this process that the "EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ISSUED_POINT_ORDER" and "EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ISSUED_TARGET_ORDER" used to allow the triggeraction to have two parameters that would contain the value of the issued order X and Y. To fix this for newer patches, I simply added a proxy function that rounded the real return values of GetOrderPointX/Y and passed them to the original trigger's actions.

Tip: For those who haven't played this before, but want to tinker, you need to click a piece, then right-click to where you want that piece to go to. There isn't a click-and-drag option.

Attachments

• (12)PepparsMultiplayerChess-1.03.w3x
    479.3 KB · Views: 5