• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarCraft: An Age of Carnage

Status
Not open for further replies.
WarCraft: An Age of Carnage

Meh, I'm getting bored and I'll probably be leaving Wc3 soon, so I want to post an idea which could potentially spawn into a map.

Story:
Wc: AoC is set in the time of the legendary Troll Wars, one of the bloodiest battles witnessed on Azeroth. The Amani Empire have been slaughtering the Quel'dorei (High Elves) since they settled in Quel'Thalas. Even with their superior arcane abilities, the High Elves could not fight against the numerous and savage Amani Trolls. The High Elves sought an alliance with the Humans of Arathor, an emerging kingdom. Together, they engaged the Amani Empire, and ignited the Troll Wars...

Gameplay:
AoC is a strategy map. However, it is entirely different from a Wc3 melee map. There are 2 players; the Arathi Alliance and the Amani Empire. They are fighting against each other.
Throughout the map, there are 'Vantage Points' which players can capture and build a base upon.
Players can build buildings on Building Plots spawned near captured Vantage Points and their starting Base, similar to Dawn of War and LotR: BFME.
Buildings train units, which occasionally come in squads (mainly infantry).
You can achieve victory by either capturing all Vantage Points, or annhiliating all enemy units.
There are 3 resources: Wealth, Morale and Supply.
Wealth - generated from buildings mostly, and used to build armies. [gold]
Morale - various ways of generation. Morale gives armies map-wide bonuses and penalties. [lumber]
Supply - the army cap, generated by buildings. [food]

Races:
The Arathi Alliance - an alliance of Arathi Humans and Quel'thalassian Elves.
They are generally versatile, and excel at defense and support tactics.
{Units:}
Swordsmen - defensive infantry squad
Rangers - ranged infantry scouts
Manticore - mechanical that fires a rain of arrows
Cavaliers - heavy assault cavalry
Battle Cleric - ally support caster
Siegebreakers - slow siege infantry
Battering Ram - a medieval tank
Hawkstriders - fast scout/anti-air. Can be morphed into a Dragonhawk.

The Amani Empire - a vast and powerful empire of Forest Troll tribes.
They are adept at crushing enemy defenses in a variety of ways.
{Units:}
Goblins - cannon fodder
Predators - unit-killer infantry
Trackers - scout/fast infantry
Reavers - disruptor infantry
Raptors - fast assault cavalry
Shadow Priest - support de/buffer
Mangonel - slow mechanical siege unit
Fire Bat - scout/aerial siege unit

I might add in heroes.

Thoughts:
Well, give me your thoughts please, as to whether I should make this project and if it sounds interesting.

Level 15
May be rather interesting, if executed well.

With just two races, you should make the races more diversed, with more units and development paths - make players choose between different unit types, upgrades, buildings and so on.
Also, give Arathi Alliance mages. The whole reason why elves asked humans for help, was because they lacked enough magi, while humans were fast learners.

Level 15
Whoops, missed the squads part.

Then, you can for instance make single-unit elven magi - powerful and learned, and squad-based human magi - who are kinda not that powerful by themselves, but their spells have power based on numer of people in a squad - the more people, the more powerful the spells are.

Giorgio-Armani.jpg

Thanks for dedicating an empire to me dawg, appreciate it!

Keep it real,

-Giorgio Armani

Level 15
It could work like that:
Select 1 unit from the squad
Order it to cast a spell
Spell's effect is triggered. For base value it picks either size of the squad (if you have it as a variable) or a number of units of type Human Mage (for instance) within 200 range of the unit selected. Although that may be clumsy, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.