• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Conquest of Paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
CONQUEST OF PARADISE

"Following the light of the sun, we left the Old World. "Christopher Columbus

Conquest of Paradise info:
Game is set in a time of fear and exploration when many countries leave europe into the unknown. Game will be a race against the clock to destroy your enemies and gather resources. Each player has a base to begin with and every one or two minutes a troop of units will spawn (which to me means four) contesting of a scout, missionary, and 2 infantry men. Your hero cannot attack, he is more of a general with abilities that boost your troops, something like moral. Keep the general out of harm though he will have very little health. The scout serves as a weak fighter, fast explorer or worker. The scout can build things like towers and forts. The missionary is a monk guy that can convert natives. He will have a conversion ability, and i will try to make a system that allows him to convert entire villages by staying there for a while. Two missionaries in the same village will cancel out, so players will have to make sure that their enemies haven't got one too. Infantry men will have ranged weapons that are slow and ineffective alone. when a group of infantry is with a general they will increase damage and attack speed. Towers will be a flimsy defense against attacks the real defense is a fort. You start with one fort and i plan on making it extremely hard to get 2.

Countries (Probably the only thing historically accurate.)
England
France
Spain
Portugal

Villages (Probably not historically accurate)
Inca
Aztec
Mayan
Chichen Itza

Looking for some of your ideas to help.
So far:
Map terrain=30%

Level 9
So it is a new world map...
I think Chichen Itza was a Mayan city?You could add Iroquis(not sure about spelling)

Start em with boats.The players could choose to land on either north or south america.More realistic than the bases IMO.

Level 8
Thanks for the tip on the tribe.

the way i was thinking of the map is not very realistic. this idea could go with any type of map. i think its just my current interest in the time period. i guess i could expand on the idea, but then i would have to do some research to satisfy history enthusiasts.

The boats is nice, but i want the game to revolve around getting units at time periods.

Level 9
How about a 'revolt' kind of system?It is common in colony games,but you could twist it (Instead of revolting yourself,beat the crap out of the revolters.)

Level 9
You could add the Age of Empires III 'Home City' Concept.But you could add something more.Make the countries at the edge of the map and put boundary (like some empire maps do when they want to put space).The Home Country sends you resources,troops and upgrades like AoE3.You could also have invasion missions in which you send the troops back to your country and invade another one.

Level 19
How about you control a small village by the sea. Then you try to expand it by capturing nearby bases. Then inspectors from the capital are sent to your village to inspect. If you fail to pass their test or make your people happy, they stop giving you income and you need to pay around 5% to 6% increase in your taxes. Also if youre village fails, you may raid other movies but if its your allies village, you pay double and more stuff.

Level 15
Ok, race concepts:

England - has best ships and artillery.
France - has cheapest and best "polititians", which can "charm" enemies. Also get a bonus to trading. Also can lure pirates to their side, giving them rather unpredictable abilities (more on that later)
Spain - cheapest and most numerous infantry, also greatest money income.
Portugal - don't rememeber much about portugals there... they just sit in Brazil and didn't mess much with North America or Caribbean Sea, if I recall.
Netherlands - actually mantained a strong presence in North America and Caribbean Sea, rivalling even Britain's naval power. Surprising that you left them out.

Inca - had a large and advanced empire. Best buildings and fortification of all races (europeans don't have time to build advanced fortifications). Emperor is considered a god and his presence on battlefield boosts his army greatly, but if he dies, all his warriors in quite a range also die (representing the fact that they flee in despair and horror).
Aztek - they were quite advanced in terms of war. They could have most powerful (and expensive) infantry, especially elite melee warriors (which used to wear leopard and panther skins instead of armor)
Maya - were long extinct by that time. But, why not add some mysticism to the game? Maya are often attributed with various mystical secrets, then what can be better than a race of undead indeans? =) Ghosts or skeletons, with magic instead of firearms. Would be fun.
Northern Tribes or Hurons - would have most ramshackle buildings, but units would often spawn randomly, as nomad tribes would arrive to fight against the common threat.

After having written all this, I read the OP again and understood that this ain't strategy, right? It's more like hero defense or tower defense? Will have to rework my ideas then.

Status
Not open for further replies.