• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft: A New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
@Warlord/Debode - Pandaren? Yeah... uh... no. Sorry : )
- Ogres? Maybe, I won't say anything other than remind you that Rexxar did indeed incorporate them into the horde within the TFT bonus campaign.

- WoW models are indeed placeholders, although there not without issues so were hoping to replace them ASAP!

- Yes it's the dwarf base model (the earlier pics) which Taylor has now expanded into the 'Dwarven Sniper'.

@DeathRaider - Hey thanks, always nice to get some positive feedback.
I am kinda puzzled though, if your texturing for the UDK (Kit not kid?) why would that stop you from texturing for us (if you have the time to terrain anyway??) o_O

Sorry that just seems rather illogical :)

Thanks for the offer anyhow, were not looking for terrainers just yet, but we may be in contact!

Level 7
Nearly every project i was in died out or was never finished, i can make you a terrain and screenshot it how does that sound?

{EDIT}
Sorry for the double post, heres the terrain i started working on today, not really finished but i ran out of ideas for today lol.

Attachments

• Temple of the Zhal'kan.SC2Map
    151.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 21
I would love to join this, but I know nothing about the Starcraft II editor and I have my own projects to worry about so it wouldn't work out at all.

Model finished, up to the animations

9757-albums3261-picture42859.jpg

T.

Level 49
I think the texture looks extremely low-quality compared to most models in SC2, and obviously lacks normal and specular maps, which make models in SC2 what they are really. Without specular and normal maps, models are on par with WC3 models on quality.
The mesh looks great nevertheless.
I suggest you to find some 2D artist to make the textures, though.

Level 20
Now I don't know much about texturing or 'maps' so I can't comment on that but the texture quality is by far superior to several sc2 units, the (standard) marine for e.g. couldn't be more bland imo, as TWIF said the current quality will do very nicely, the only bit I would gripe at is... What would be teamcoloured? :/

Level 23
184486-albums3456-picture42955.png

Story:
When becoming old enough for combat, every young orc gets an orc clan dagger as his very first weapon. This very basic orc weapon is rather heavy and needs the muscles of an orc to be carried. Even for young orcs it's a task to fight with this weapon, still the honour of gathering it is immense, so that this very basic orc weapon is still rather important in orcish traditions.

Note: It's a very quick sketch of very bad quality but I felt like sharing it with you all ;) So here you go. Also I am not sure wether this is useful at all...

Level 20
Good idea SasuhKun.
TWIF We need to talk about this thread, tonight I'll probably write up some BB code to redo the front page it's kinda... WTF?! atm ;)

But long-term it's a mess... We either need a new thread or a sub-forum or our own forums etc (damn you 1and1)!

M0rbid I really like that, conceptually I'll be honest and say it's not that ... useful.
But I will DEFINITELY find a use for a piece of artwork like that :p
Website art/loading screens/videos it'll fit in nicely somewhere ;)

Cheers man!

Level 20
@TWIF - will do and - they do, where are those comments!? :/

@Wolf - No, I'm actually going to tweak it right about... now? Or in an hour or so!
So you have suggestions nows the time :)

@Taylor - Yeah that's a good idea, easier to change TC after ;)

EDIT: Been messing with the site all night got absolutely f*ck all done, I tell you I could MURDER 1and1 employees all day and my lust for vengeance would not be sated. -.-

Last edited:
Level 12
I really wish I could actually try to be frequent both here on the website, to help you guys brainstorm. But oh well, it's fate. All I can do is give some quick glances, grant some little suggestions and wish you the best of luck. Keep up all the good work done until now, and do not give up!

Level 20
Thanks Sasuhkun, that's all we dare ask for :)

Speaking of the site, finally got round to a major update. Added some new things, changed a thing or two, different comment box system etc.
No more 'information' as such yet, that'll be along shortly.

I'll let you guys figure it out yourself, more IMPACT that way ;)

Level 20
We are currently discussing a few teasers, a demo (to my knowledge(I'm really just the production(not dev)side of things)) is still a century or two away.

With something like this Art Assets are the biggest form of progress, turning an rts into an... rts. Doesn't exactly require hours and hours of mind boggling maths, coding and systems. So 'progress' has been show in great abundance already.

Level 10
tagg, once again I can't help but feel like your trying to piss us off?
If ANYONE complains about you being off-topic or unconstructive again, I WILL report you.

So please a tad more... helpful or comments or no comments at all, thanks. :)

I am not trying to piss you off; I am just blunt.

I asked if you had anything that was physical done yet.
Then I said that it sucks that you don't have someone that can just make 1,000 units in 5 minutes.

Level 10
I am not trying to piss you off; I am just blunt.

I asked if you had anything that was physical done yet.
Then I said that it sucks that you don't have someone that can just make 1,000 units in 5 minutes.

It came off as an insult... That's probably why they took offense the way they did.

Level 20
Well in that case, my aplogies, but as turm said it came across a bit rude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAtmOLTMqPg
"An 'expert in using the tool' took a day and a half to make the Uberlisk."

That's why this mod is not being done overnight ;)

We ARE making progress when we have something worth showing, don't worry we will! :)
We have no plans for this to become yet another 'hype' and 'not deliver' cliché.

Level 10
Hey Turm that's great, I'd love to see it, thanks man.
If you could email it to

[email protected] or [email protected] that'd be grand =)

sending it now

p.s. I added that gameinfo subsystem routine to the site, would you mind checking it out seeing if that's what you meant?
Same with featured articles (kinda).

It's great! That's pretty much what I was thinking. That way, when there's more info to give, it can be organized into sections under Game Info.

Looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.