• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft: A New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, did i just do somthing to make somone quit?

and also, the forsaken want to help the legion because she also wants revenge on fucking arthas. she also doesent really care about azeroth much anymore atm.

obviously she has a change of heart, but by then its too late.

orly, you've been a fine halp, hope that was a fake quit.

Also, as far as i understand wc3 and previous lore, tbl originated from the nether/sargeras' army? forgive me if i am wrong, but they need a little more than nothing to travel to azeroth.

Level 5
Lol, did i just do somthing to make somone quit?
-
orly, you've been a fine halp, hope that was a fake quit.

U didn't.
Im just trying to make something here and you can't give me even a f*ck about it.
You guys scrap everything i give you....EVERYTHING. JUST because something is from f*cking wow or else.
Forsaken techtree i gave you, because of grammar.
Human Campaign because it doesen't fit your lore, it's from wow and also the grammar.

You should really work on your grammar. The descriptions of some units\abilities\upgrades are silly like hell.

There it goes.

It is taken almost directly from WoW.

In WoW: Cataclysm, Magatha makes the warchief kill Caine(afaik) and the Alliance burns Camp Taurajo to the ground.
Orly_YaRly, since when are you the guy who makes up lore for their project?

Scrap idea, scrap second idea, wow lore, i ain't the guy who makes lore....seriously.

emo moar!

Call me emo, call me geek, call me nerd, call me whatever you want but you can't forget about f*cking everything. You may make cool music WherewolfTherewolf, but calling somebody emo because he want's to ragequit because people are f*cked up.....nevermind.

One wise man once told me - "You try and you fail, you try and you fail...but you only really fail if you stop trying."

Too bad it's not worthy to try for you.

i didnt scrap it, i didnt even judge it yet, i take everything i see and i take the best parts of it, most of it, and try and convert it into waht we in the end, want, if it seems like much has changed or differs, its only because we had such excellent bse materials. sorry if its like i ignored u, i have a load to work on, thanks alot for all the tips.

i have no misconceptions about my own worthyness in comparison to others, the only requirments that i have is that no one make judgments about my actions or feelings, and that they do not try to elevate themsleves above or below me.

i also dont care about grammar atm. also debode isnt even a member of this project.

also, i am a total nerd and somwhat of a geek and i enjoy other nerds and geeks if u consider yourself one.

i also never forgot or ignored everything.

i really do appreicate your suggestions.

Level 20
Only Wolf out of all of those quoted people is a member of the project and although I'm not supporting his reaction, your statement was kinda contradictory to your quote "fail, fail again" thing.

No-one is ignoring or deliberately slagging you off, some people just have a weird (or dysfunctional) way of saying thanks or you need to improve, this, that or the other.

Your comments are very much appreciated and I do hope you continue to contribute, you don't need to get worked up over it.

Were all friends here =)

Level 5
i don't know why...but everytime i rage quit at something....people just take me back because of the words i said....
....Maybe im just the type of guy who will always do this kinda stuff and people will like him because of that stuff.

So, sorry about the "Emo rage" as the WhereWolf said....
....il try to think of something

Level 49
You do realize I'm not even from the team, right? :p
Besides, what exactly did you expect? That you post ideas and suddenly change the whole game? I'm sure they already have plans for the lore and techtrees. They're not forced to accept just any random idea you throw at them.

Wait, did they ever even kick you out? You don't understand, it's called brainstorming, a thousand people can throw all their ideas in at one place and only like 1\100 of them will be actually implemented.

Level 10
You do realize I'm not even from the team, right? :p
Besides, what exactly did you expect? That you post ideas and suddenly change the whole game? I'm sure they already have plans for the lore and techtrees. They're not forced to accept just any random idea you throw at them.

Wait, did they ever even kick you out? You don't understand, it's called brainstorming, a thousand people can throw all their ideas in at one place and only like 1\100 of them will be actually implemented.

This is pretty much what I was going to say. We love and respect all the ideas you guys come up with and suggest, but, you can't come here and expect us to instantly use your ideas.

We have a lot of people suggesting stuff, and we can't make everyone happy. on top of that, we have our own ideas and vision on where we want this project to go. If we find an idea that we like, we may implement it, or some of it.

Again, please don't come here and think that your ideas will automatically get implemented, but don't let that discourage you from posting. We love all suggestions and feedback, no matter what.

Thanks for your support.

Level 8
No offense guys, but why would the Forsaken make a pact with the Burning Legion? The Burning Legion's goals aren't to destroy the Lich King, it's to purge the universe of Titan interference. It just doesn't make sense, both because Sylvanas would never make such a pact with the Burning Legion, and because the Legion would simply destroy Azeroth after the Forsaken succeeded in opening the portal. I don't even understand how she would get into contact with them either, or even create such a portal to get them into Azeroth.

And the way you describe the final conflict sounds really cliche. Maybe I'm judging too much, but I'll leave this until I get more details since I'm not exactly sure what this new enemy will be.

:ogre_datass: Peace out and good luck.

Level 5
No offense guys, but why would the Forsaken make a pact with the Burning Legion? The Burning Legion's goals aren't to destroy the Lich King, it's to purge the universe of Titan interference. It just doesn't make sense, both because Sylvanas would never make such a pact with the Burning Legion, and because the Legion would simply destroy Azeroth after the Forsaken succeeded in opening the portal. I don't even understand how she would get into contact with them either, or even create such a portal to get them into Azeroth.

And the way you describe the final conflict sounds really cliche. Maybe I'm judging too much, but I'll leave this until I get more details since I'm not exactly sure what this new enemy will be.

:ogre_datass: Peace out and good luck.

So first - We are making lore that ignores everything except WC series (so no wow :goblin_jawdrop:). I believe that Sylvanass would do anything to get her revenge. And we all know what is gonna happen after that.
Burning Legion will go and kicks Azeroth ass.
They wont create new portal, they will reactivate Dark Portal (i assume) to summon Burning Legion.
And one of the Burning Legion goal IS to destroy Lich King. After all, its Nerzhul, and KilJeaden wants to destroy him, as we seen in Frozen Throne.

So yea, maybe read some lore or play something...

Level 5
I don't think Sylvannas would change one master for another, either.
Anyways, currently we're focusing on the melee gameplay, so the script isn't even completely outlined and will change a lot before the first campaign is released.
The same goes for techtrees, units, heros and abilities.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
You are ignoring that the Demons and Kil'jaeden are the ones who locked up Ner'zhul in his Frozen Throne, who turned Arthas, who raised back Sylvanas, so it is unlikely that she would ally with those who are directly or indirectly responsible for her undeath. On top of that, her part in the campaign shows just how well she feels about the idea of being a mere lackey (ironically, to Demons).

Level 10

^^

I don't see why Syl would be so angry at arthas to doom the whole world, no?

Maybe she has an evil plot to kill the demons, or trap them in azeroth and cut their power, or something, but just trusting them for pure revenge seems like a decision that she wouldn't make. Dooming the whole world to kill arthas? meh?

I mean arthas did kill Mr. "You are not prepared!!", who was an extremely powerful being, but arguably he couldn't have died, as he was so damn powerful at that point. (This is one point in WoW that I do agree could be possible, him living, not the outland thing) So it is arguable that she would go to extreme measures, but every thing that she did TFT pointed towards her being sly and crafty, not vengeful and rash.

Maybe I am just crazy, but it just doesn't seem like "her" to me.

I can't see her doing anything like that unless she had a plan to screw over the legion too.

Like i said, this is all in concepts, i have no doubt that many things will change.

Also, preoject development/importance is extremely subjective. i could say the next fifa MADDEN game will be the greatest game in development for any engine, its oppinion. while king's project may be fairly awesome, it is not indisputably the best project simply for the fact that it is oppinion not fact. (same goes for my, and all other projects)

NOW. you seem to overlook that it was NOT sylvanas playing the campagin through, and there are many things she does not know. Also, vengance and power incentives are great, and espcicially if this pact decrees somthing for her when arthas is killed, they have no reason to destroy her when it is done, because she is a valuable tool to them.

She has many a reason to make a bargain with tbl. and she cannot kill arthas on her own, she needs the demons to help her. kel'jaiden and her both want power. (and the combination of the two may blind her to the possibility of traitorisims.)

But again, its in concept, and i have alot of other reasons to go down this path aswell. there will be lots of interesting things going on.

Also, tbl has no reason to destroy azeroth, it is an illogical waste of energy.

and if titan interfeance is all that they want to purge, there is little reason to go and focus on azeoth in the first place. there are no doubt much greater fish to fry, so to speak. they want the well and its powers, and they want to enslave the lich king and arthas once again (again, a possible betrayal for the forsaken, she wants arthas dead, they want him under their knuckle, he is awfully powerful, ofc, not cosmically, but...)

i can see a few reasons. for doing everything, and an argument can be made for practically everyone. humans, and sentient beings in general, have not been know for making the best decisions ever, so i see no reason why none of the charachters in this mod will make only the perfect decisions.

Thanks for your oppinions everyone, and especially king.

And also, we are not focusing on this part of the story at the moment, so i would suggest you let it rest for now.

Level 5
Like i said, this is all in concepts, i have no doubt that many things will change.

Also, preoject development/importance is extremely subjective. i could say the next fifa MADDEN game will be the greatest game in development for any engine, its oppinion. while king's project may be fairly awesome, it is not indisputably the best project simply for the fact that it is oppinion not fact. (same goes for my, and all other projects)

NOW. you seem to overlook that it was NOT sylvanas playing the campagin through, and there are many things she does not know. Also, vengance and power incentives are great, and espcicially if this pact decrees somthing for her when arthas is killed, they have no reason to destroy her when it is done, because she is a valuable tool to them.

She has many a reason to make a bargain with tbl. and she cannot kill arthas on her own, she needs the demons to help her. kel'jaiden and her both want power. (and the combination of the two may blind her to the possibility of traitorisims.)

But again, its in concept, and i have alot of other reasons to go down this path aswell. there will be lots of interesting things going on.

and if titan interfeance is all that they want to purge, there is little reason to go and focus on azeoth in the first place. there are no doubt much greater fish to fry, so to speak. they want the well and its powers, and they want to enslave the lich king and arthas once again (again, a possible betrayal for the forsaken, she wants arthas dead, they want him under their knuckle, he is awfully powerful, ofc, not cosmically, but...)

i can see a few reasons. for doing everything, and an argument can be made for practically everyone. humans, and sentient beings in general, have not been know for making the best decisions ever, so i see no reason why none of the charachters in this mod will make only the perfect decisions.

Thanks for your oppinions everyone, and especially king.

And also, we are not focusing on this part of the story at the moment, so i would suggest you let it rest for now.

This. All of it.
So right now, we need to GIVE YOU ideas for the race/techtree/whatever for meele am i right? Maybe even some terrain....

Actually, i wanted to ask about voice acting. You know, Orcish shaman is not going to say "FEAR DA THUNDAH!".

Level 10

I would politely ask you to play through the Warcraft campaign again, as I think your memory is slighty off, :ogre_haosis:

The legion has spent vast amounts of resources on destroying azeroth, and them just giving up makes no sense.

They want to destroy everything, if something gets in their way, they keep throwing more resources at it until it is gone.

I am not trying to be a troll here, I just want to make sure that if you are considering making something like this, it will get flack if you venture too far away from what makes Warcraft what it is.

Doing things that are not true to the characters we all know and love will grant you the same respect that WoW has for its storyline.

Just a friendly reminder! :goblin_yeah:

Level 5
I would politely ask you to play through the Warcraft campaign again, as I think your memory is slighty off, :ogre_haosis:

The legion has spent vast amounts of resources on destroying azeroth, and them just giving up makes no sense.

They want to destroy everything, if something gets in their way, they keep throwing more resources at it until it is gone.

I am not trying to be a troll here, I just want to make sure that if you are considering making something like this, it will get flack if you venture too far away from what makes Warcraft what it is.

Doing things that are not true to the characters we all know and love will grant you the same respect that WoW has for its storyline.

Just a friendly reminder! :goblin_yeah:

I got what is TWIF trying to do with the lore.
You know, TBL got their asses kicked on Mount Hyjal, and one of their two main generals (Archimonde) died there. They see that Azerothians will fight for this planet. And it's just not worthy for them to claim it.
They will go and claim it, but after time. They got owned like.....2-3x times already?
(I don't actually remember...one in War of Ancients and now the third war....sorry if i forgot something)
So now they need like 100 or more years to recover, then they will try it again.
And right now, when Illidan failed to destroy the Lich King, the Kil'Jeaden needs someone that would do so. And he just find Sylvanas and her Forsaken, with Varimathas, agent of his. And Sylvanas will agree with destroying the Lich King by mading pact with TBL (Enemy of my enemy is my ally.). After they ROFLSTOMP Lich King, TBL will retreat from Azeroth and the "bigger threat" will awaken.

Preety much this nah? :ogre_haosis:

Level 21
The Burning Legion are fools and I'm going too be hated for that statement.
Well they have the power, but why doesn't the big bad ass himself go with his army?

With all that power you kinda expect something too happen, but no the Legion was destroyed or scattered if you will, kinda like the Silverhand which made me pissed off.
Sargeras should return and take Azeroth, but too his power the Naga flood Azeroth, leaving the Burning Legion too drown too death from the flood and many lives are gone.

Oh and have the dragons in this too, because I like the flights and also add the black ones. I know their loyalty is with Deathwing, but can't there be rebel blacks that want peace?
Sorry for this useless rant, and I just wanted too share my ideas.

Level 2
Hi !
I don't know where to post this so I'm gonna go ahead and post it here.
I was wondering if you needed help with artworks and ideas.
I've been a fan of warcraft for a long time and I really like the idea of setting it in SC2 engine.
So if you've got some abstract ideas that you want to be put on paper, any suggestions or if you need any hero/unit idea fitting a role in a race's army, I'd really like to help you with some sketches. So just PM me and I'll do that on my free time.

Thanks for reading !

Level 5
Hi !
I don't know where to post this so I'm gonna go ahead and post it here.
I was wondering if you needed help with artworks and ideas.
I've been a fan of warcraft for a long time and I really like the idea of setting it in SC2 engine.
So if you've got some abstract ideas that you want to be put on paper, any suggestions or if you need any hero/unit idea fitting a role in a race's army, I'd really like to help you with some sketches. So just PM me and I'll do that on my free time.

Thanks for reading !

Yea, we could use some artworks right now. Thanks for support :goblin_yeah:
TWIF will probably PM you.

The Burning Legion are fools and I'm going too be hated for that statement.
Well they have the power, but why doesn't the big bad ass himself go with his army?

With all that power you kinda expect something too happen, but no the Legion was destroyed or scattered if you will, kinda like the Silverhand which made me pissed off.
Sargeras should return and take Azeroth, but too his power the Naga flood Azeroth, leaving the Burning Legion too drown too death from the flood and many lives are gone.

Oh and have the dragons in this too, because I like the flights and also add the black ones. I know their loyalty is with Deathwing, but can't there be rebel blacks that want peace?
Sorry for this useless rant, and I just wanted too share my ideas.

First, thanks for your ideas.
Second, they are not "scattered" or "destroyed".... their limits are unknown. But i don't really think they will have to go after Azeroth RIGHT NOW WHEN THEY GOT THEIR ASSES KICKED. There are many more worlds to conquer, so they will get these and then they return for the Azeroth.
Third, don't be pissed. If somebody is pissed because somebody expains something, im pissed. You won't like me when im pissed.
Fourth, Sargeras is in Twisting Nether, probably still licking his wounds and he will continue to do that for next 4000 years.
Fifth, Naga drowning Burning Legion to DEATH? YOU WANT TO DROWN ARMIES OF DEMONS TO DEATH? :vw_unimpressed:. This is even more ridiculous then the current WoW lore.
Sixth, Black Dragons and peace? How about red dragons trying to make World War? I mean, ALL black dragons are loyal to Deathwing. But now, when he dissapeard (or is dead), they just moved on. They believe in his return, but they have to do some "evil" by themselves.

And yes, i know i don't have any permissions to send your ideas to hell. If you like these ideas, just ignore me, thank you. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 49
If Sylvans is not controlling the Forsaken, then who? Most Forsaken follow Sylvanas without doubt, she is the one who gave them freedom and a place to call home. The Burning Legion may find Sylvanas valuable in getting vengeance on Arthas, but after the deed is done, she's of no use for them.

1) You should play the Frozen Throne again. She clearly states she HAS NO INTENTIONS WHATSOEVER to switch from one evil master to another, when Varimathras(a demon) suggests her to join his and his brothers' new order in Lordaeron.
2) She can't kill Arthas on her own, that's why she has the Forsaken, duh. And when the time is right the Forsaken will strike at Arthas' main citadel in Icecrown.
3) She will NEVER make a pact with demons. That is obvious from playing TFT. She is FREE. Why would she sell herself to some evil demon master?
4) Kil'jaeden doesn't really want power as much as he wants vengeance. The Lich King betrayed him, and Kil'jaeden created the Lich King; thus he wants the Lich King down.

Azeroth is the ONLY world to ever resist the Burning Legion's invasion. You don't seem to get the logic of the Burning Legion. They seek to consume the universe, corrupt every single world they come across. Azeroth(basically thanks to the Night Elves) is the only world to ever stand against the Burning Legion.

The Burning Legion as a whole probably doesn't gives a damn about Arthas. Kil'jaeden wants vengeance on Ner'zhul however. And Kil'jaeden is a high-ranked commander of the Legion; but he knows that even with the might of the whole Legion, he wont be able to win the battle over Azeroth in a full scale assault, just as his fellow commander Archimonde has failed.
Titans are from WoW lore.

Level 5
1) You should play the Frozen Throne again. She clearly states she HAS NO INTENTIONS WHATSOEVER to switch from one evil master to another, when Varimathras(a demon) suggests her to join his and his brothers' new order in Lordaeron.
2) She can't kill Arthas on her own, that's why she has the Forsaken, duh. And when the time is right the Forsaken will strike at Arthas' main citadel in Icecrown.
3) She will NEVER make a pact with demons. That is obvious from playing TFT. She is FREE. Why would she sell herself to some evil demon master?
4) Kil'jaeden doesn't really want power as much as he wants vengeance. The Lich King betrayed him, and Kil'jaeden created the Lich King; thus he wants the Lich King down.

WHO SAID K'J would be her master? GOD you don't seem to understand. What im thinking is that KJ will control Varimathas. Varimathas will start where Illidan failed, summoning his own army of demons. Varimathas will tell Sylvanas that these demons are followers of him and his "now fallen" brothers. Sylvanas would use these demons and her Forsaken armies as a force to storm down the Icecrown.
I really don't think these "few" forsaken she have right now could storm down the Icecrown alone....srsly.

Azeroth is the ONLY world to ever resist the Burning Legion's invasion. You don't seem to get the logic of the Burning Legion. They seek to consume the universe, corrupt every single world they come across. Azeroth(basically thanks to the Night Elves) is the only world to ever stand against the Burning Legion.

Archimonde's death is a hit under the knee for TBL. They need time to recover from that hit, maybe even get new general.

Titans are from WoW lore.

Sorry, im laughing so hard i don't even know what to say....So basicaly, you are claiming that Sargeras doesen't exist, even throught he was mentioned so many times in WC3. Sargeras is a titan, or should i say Dark Titan. You are also claiming that Azeroth doesen't exist, because it was also mentioned in WC3 that it was created by Titans.....

You should play the Frozen Throne again Debode. Oh yes you should.

Level 19
WHO SAID K'J would be her master? GOD you don't seem to understand. What im thinking is that KJ will control Varimathas. Varimathas will start where Illidan failed, summoning his own army of demons. Varimathas will tell Sylvanas that these demons are followers of him and his "now fallen" brothers.

I'm pretty sure she realizes he's a dreadlord and he was forced to serve her in the first place.

Level 5
.. so why would she trust him in the first place? :p

Well, maybe she thinks he is somehow "loyal" to her. I know it sounds like "whatthef*ck". Togheter they got rid of all remaining humans in northern Lordaeron.
Maybe she thinks he is in love with her? :goblin_jawdrop:

I also see many people are coming back to this project. GJ! :goblin_yeah:

Level 20
i KNOW giving up makes no Sense! gah! thats exactly what i am trying to say!

i am not even gonig to bother reading these posts, i am not working on thsi section yet, so let it rest, the orcs and humans and melee are what we are working on now. thats it.

Twif there just trying to help and I for one read, every single post - it is a community project after all.

According to my team mates this project is dead! :)

oh well. that is totally depressing.

somone close this, its over, i'm sorry, we had a team collapse. thanks for everyone who tride to make this reality, but its just another casualty of overambition. sorry.

atleast i've learned alot from this, i'll only be making maps solo from now on.

well you were alll right, this died.

Last edited:
Level 5
According to my team mates this project is dead! :)

oh well. that is totally depressing.

somone close this, its over, i'm sorry, we had a team collapse. thanks for everyone who tride to make this reality, but its just another casualty of overambition. sorry.

atleast i've learned alot from this, i'll only be making maps solo from now on.

well you were alll right, this died.

ummmm

wait....what?
What just happened i don't even know...

Level 10
What he said^

Can you guys at least maybe layout what you have done? maybe someone will want to take it up.

The thing is.. we really haven't done anything... Every time we started to get concepts up they would get vetoed or shot down... thats why this project failed...

Level 10
Nothing got done?

You understand this is a 35,000 view thread, about nothing then, right?

April fools? or what?

perhaps I mis spoke, We got some things done. For example, we had our own music, we had a few custom models ( I think) and we had some concepts, however a lot of our concepts weren't recorded properly and they were quickly shot down by our leader. For example, we had an idea of having like 8 races, with their own heroes, and perks, and everything... that was all erased and dumbed down to TWO races...

Our lore was a mess because we were mixing fan-based ideas with dev ideas... half the people didn't know who was apart of Wc4 and who wasn't... So in that sense, we got nothing done because people didn't know what to do and what to base their ideas off of...

So to edit my original post, the reason this project failed was because of lack of organization. This lead to no record of ideas and no plan of what we were doing which basically meant every time we would start something, no body would follow up...

Status
Not open for further replies.