• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4 World Editor, what should that improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I think they must to put the Takes Damage event type for Generic Units and the reset cooldown for a specific ability.
Also they must to put a system to the spells to you add or remove the orb effect from an ability, example, to create a Critical Strike with Orb Effect or a Frost Attack non-orb. And improve the spell immunity system, creating a field on each spell questioning if the skill will check for spell immunity or not. :?

Level 11
It's impossible to tell how a future world editor will look until we see how the game is going to be. So let's not think about how the editor will look before we know what it will edit.

Orbs? How do we know that passive abilities will still exist? Some new type of abilities may be created. ;)

And triggers? How do we know that blizzard doesn't come with a better system? Really guys... let's wait and see how Warcraft 4 will be, since before we know anything about it, it is difficult to attempt to guess about its editor. That's all I had to say.

~Daelin

Level 9
Assuming Warcraft 4 is made, what should Blizzard add/improve?

Daelin please read this, just imagine if it was made, then try and post again.

I would hope they would make the trigger editor more suitable.

Level 10
I think the graphical user interface of the WorldEditor is a step into the right direction to make mapping possible for the normal people. They should improve that e.g. by optimizing the generated code, making all commands available for GUI and translating the located versions of the editor completely (currently e.g. most of the trigger editor in the German Editor is still in English). For advanced mappers, an easier combination of custom script and GUI should be available and the "wait" actions should, damn it, work exactly.

These are my issues which are generally enough to say about an editor for a game which we don't know at all at the moment. :)

Level 9
Only one thing really, allow any terrain to be a wall, seiriously, its annoying trying to make a multi-terrain map and have dirt as all the cliffs...

Level 9
I know your jokin ;)

Anyway...

I think it needs lotsa things but i cant think of any atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.