• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft 3 Map Creating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So, here I am. Straight to the point. I'm new with everything in Warcraft (Modding/Creating). I know a few basic stuff about modding but my problem is that I don't know what map to make. I need help with ideas and suggestions about how to make a decent map (basic), as I said, I'm new. Please don't post LOAPS and TDs 'cause that's hardwork. So, IDEAS and SUGGESTIONS please, thanks.

Last edited:

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
First, welcome to a world of new things :)).
If u are new to World Editor, I suggest u should make a alter-melee map. It's not very different to a melee map (which u choose races, build army and battle). In this map, u just need to create custom units or heroes and give them to a race so the map could be more fun. Create new items, abilities, etc will also increase ur skill in world editor. Try to use some triggers too, bro. They're not very difficult but u need creativity to deal with them. :D Good luck.
Oh, I forget to mention. If u dont want to create a terrain by urself (which will take so much time with a beginner), u should pick a random map from Blizzard's Melee Map and edit it.

Level 2
Triggers are not much of a problem, I get them somehow. =) Terraining, yeah I think you're right. But the kind of map that I would like is the "less-fighting" map. I know Warcraft is made for it, the title even suggests it. But something like business types... but I don't know where to start, what type of buildings to create, what they do.. that kind of stuff.

Thanks for replying. =)

Level 2
Maybe like FotN. Buy and sell stuff, buy a resource in a particular area where its cheap. Sell in another area where its expensive. =) Maybe the objective is to be the richest among the other players?

Level 2
Well, maybe I SHOULD start with small maps. Maybe like what you said, altered-melee stuff. And when I get a hang of a bit more of the Editor, maybe I can try bigger stuff. Thanks dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.