• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need ideas to create a new map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey,
I want to create any map, but i can't think of any that would be popular.
Could you please suggest any map types, names, description of a map? Mabye you and me could work on it together or something?

For example:
-------------------------------------
StarShip Command

You start out with a sloop, build up and command a big battle cruiser, explore the universe, trade and make friends with other space ships. Make a fleet with your allies and attack space pirates or betray players.
StarGate Universe

StarGate RPG, there are many worlds and planets to explore. Get there by SpaceShip or by the StarGate. You start out off as a civilian and you will lead your self to might! (Or an RTS Style)

Any ideas? I just don't know what to create D:.

I'd like something original and would become famous, and probably a map making team to go with it.

Thanks in advance.

Level 14
Your idea is definately too open.

To just state a request for a map idea, you have to first narrow down what type of map you want to make.

Do you want to make a Builder-style map?
RPG?
LOAP?
Arena?
Maze?
TD?
AoS?
something else?

Once you chosen at least that, you can then request theme suggestions. Otherwise you'll get random suggestions like mine:

Make a builder map with a terminator-style theme to it. Machines vs. <something non-machine>

//\\oo//\\

Level 11
I don't mind making anything, though i'm not to keen with RPG, never made an TD either or a LOAP. But i guess there easy to do.

Atm all my ideas for an awesome map has drifted away, because i'm looking to create map that is different from the original (Very different) or an original map its self; but i guess i have to think on my own.

Would it be okay if i just post what map ideas i come up with?

Level 11
I got a good idea..
A new type of an arena, a hero arena!

This arena of course focuses on killing other heroes like usual.
But in a different way...

All players use the same hero.
Players use alchemy to create items, be it weapons(one time use), explosives, chemicals, potions, poison, metal, gold, ore,...to zebras, to kill others, or to survive.

Team Gameplay(2, 3, 4 or 5 up to you. FFA is possible too)

At the spawn point, there are shops selling ingredients for your alchemy sessions. The result should make sense. gold+venom+TNT != DisneyLand.

To "mix" items, there is an ability to "combine" items in the inventory categorized as ingredients. Results, except failed ones, do not count as ingredient.

Creeps are acceptable.
Quests are not.

Explosives can be thrown, Weapons can be used(one time use, fragile), Potions drunk, poison used, etc.. to other players or yourself.

Explosives can range from an artillery, molotovs, grenades, to nukes.
Poison can be venom, Natrium Sulfate, to Perfumes.
Potions... usual...
Weapons,.. AKs, blades, RPGs, to PS3s.
etc etc.

Other: It's just like your everyday arena. I mean, revives, spawn points, fountain of life, line of sight blockers, levels.. etc. Just.. no power up items like Claws of Attack +666.

Other(2): Add your own ideas if you would like.

Good luck.

EDIT: You might need some triggering help though... Even I... will have a hard time if I were you.

Level 11
Hmm, it sounds good, original and it looks fun.

I also thought up an idea playing a wc3 game yesterday, here it goes:

--- Jurassic Park Wars ------------------------------------------------------
The objective of the game is to be the last one alive.
The world has been taken over by dinosaurs from Jurassic Park, and your castle or (modern castle) will be your only survival key of survivng the Jurassic Park Invasion.

You can then try and send a Sabotager to destroy an enemys power generator which will temporerly disable the castle's power.

That's all i came up with D:

Level 11
You mean, this map is somewhat like an RTS?

Brief understanding:
Players attack others while surviving from dinosaur attacks.
Dinosaurs attack each base periodically.
Base energy generators supply power to buildings(unit-producing buildings, towers, etc)
Objective: Be the last one alive.

Comments:
Alliance possible?
Generators repairable?
Terrain type should be some "forest""island"-y type. Like Sunken ruins, or Lordaeron.
Being the last one alive in a dinosaur inhabited islands is just stupid. How about:
-Be the first to obtain a high-valued artifact
-Construct a shuttle/ship/chopper/tanker/submarine to escape. Last X player(s) loses.
The background is weird. Nukes could take care of them all.
How about: "You're stranded in an inhabited island, and you discover that the island is rigged of dinosaurs. Find a way to escape.", "You are here in this island on a certain mission to find an artifact" or "You are in a war with other factions in this island for a long time. However, a certain biochemical reaction from a faction's experiment seem to revive and recreate dinosaurs left dead in this island." or maybe "You and your enemies are stranded on the island used to be the grand Jurassic park. Dinosaurs could be roaming free.", your choice. Stick to your current idea if you would.

Suggestions:
Weathers, like thunderstorms have X% chance to disable power generators.
Dinosaur Migrations, when a player kills to much dinosaurs in an area, they move to another area.
Secret High-Value Artifacts, like raptor eggs.
Alliance system, shared victory. Max X player can win together.

Level 11
Yah, this map does have potential but it would be best if i had a team to help create it. I would love to play this map xD i only had 2 seconds to think about the idea, though ur idea is better i guess we can just have modes etc.

Mabye you would like to help? or are you busy?

Level 11
Well, any that we have talked about. Though, i have made over 5 maps that has never been finished, some arn't playable. Mabye we could see about these maps too?
not saying we do them or :p.

-------------Hero(2)Wars: Revenge of the GoDz
Hero Arena (Title says all, like herowars exiled but 500% better)

-------------StarGate Universe
RTS Style, walk through the stargate to a planet. (Dial 7 symbols in the correct order and it will open a portal to another planet.

-------------StarGate Defense Pro
Defend StarGate Command from the goa'ud invaders. The invaders will come from all directions mainly from the stargate.

--------------Gladiator
an RPG gladiator, though it focuses on the movie more. (Rome, areas and being owned by someone, etc)

--------------Runners VS Defenders
You either choose to be a runner or defender. The defender will protect a place where the runners will have to go to this place to escape and win the game. The objectives are selected random. (This is like GTA4 Cops and Robbers)

Survival game.

--------------Medivial Castles
3 Castles. Very high detailed map. The objective of the game is to eliminate the enemy castles. This is crossed between (Creep Wars and KINGS AND KNIGHTS).

--------------Ocean Fortress
This is a castle defense game but its based upon an island where the (orcs or what ever) attack.

There is more but just these one for the time being.

Pluss the maps we have discussed about.

edit: You choose if you would like to help, its to hard for me D:

Level 11
Don't be sad, I've made over 10 maps, unfinished, canceled, lost, and stopped from the time I started working on maps.

I'd really love to help, I've got too much free time!

But don't expect much from me, I'm an amateur in mapmaking. I just have dedication, regardless all the project I abandoned.

BTW:
- Hero(2)Wars isn't that original, if you said "like hero wars exile but 500% better". Tell what's better.
- About 2012, explain more! don't just say survival game. A briefing is much appreciated.

And of course I'd help, but which map exactly? Don't ask me to choose.
Say the word.

Level 11
Lol, i guess we should discuss this some where else? What about battle.net? or MSN if you have msn add me "[email protected]". I have to go now, i've been on for 16 hours today D:. Not saying i was sitting infront of the comp that long.

Australia here :)

Good night.

p.s My Account on battle.net is Aztec_Devil2000@uswest :p.

edit: Oh, herowars 2 has like many things. Actually its over done, but it has much potencial.

Level 11
Lol, every person i meet with map making don't have warcraft :\.
Uhhh, hey do you wan't any help to access battle.net? Because i have around 50 roc cdkeys to 50 tft. But i use them for my clan bots basicly none get used (only occasionly), I guess i can lend a set to you? It'll be a big step for me :).

Wacraft Battle.net is awesome. And i'm willing to give up a few cdkeys to share it with you. Anyways, i have FaceBook. But that'll be kinda hard to like share images and that. Don't have Gmail either, i guess you could get msn =o?

Level 5
how about an Orpg/arena?

I think that's what I'm working on, but it's kinda in idea form and I'm questioning the arena as a major part of the gameplay, maybe just a side objective? ... But, if you gain all the skillz in RP, then arena is insanely unbalanced and just turns into end-game WoW, right? At that point skill is less important and it becomes who has the least free time and farms for epic gief phat lootz to win arenas, etc. etc.
Cool idea if done right to have an RPG centered around the arena, like swords and sandals, but tossing an arena into an RPG would screw it up :[

Level 11
I think that's what I'm working on, but it's kinda in idea form and I'm questioning the arena as a major part of the gameplay, maybe just a side objective? ... But, if you gain all the skillz in RP, then arena is insanely unbalanced and just turns into end-game WoW, right? At that point skill is less important and it becomes who has the least free time and farms for epic gief phat lootz to win arenas, etc. etc.
Cool idea if done right to have an RPG centered around the arena, like swords and sandals, but tossing an arena into an RPG would screw it up :[

That's close to a map i diddn't finnish, Gladiater RPG. It was basicly based upon the movie. (Slaves, gladiators and ceaser etc) But i dumped the project :( Unless it could reopen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.