• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi ! I want to play Warcraft 3 through LAN with a friend , so we have the same Internet Provider , but when we try to host a map , the other doesn't see it in the Local Area Network in the game. We tried Hamachi too, same problem. Is there any way we could play togheder through LAN ? I must specify we have the same Warcraft 3 version ( 1.26.0.6401 ) but we both have a cracked version of the game . I must specify there is like 1-2 km (3000-6000 feet) distance between our houses , if it really matters :xxd: .

Level 15
Hi ! I want to play Warcraft 3 through LAN with a friend , so we have the same Internet Provider , but when we try to host a map , the other doesn't see it in the Local Area Network in the game...
... I must specify there is like 1-2 km (3000-6000 feet) distance between our houses , if it really matters :xxd: .

Yes, it really matters. Despite you have same internet provider it doesn't mean that you are into the same LAN. Perhaps you are into the same WAN (wide area network) or MAN (metropolitan area network). Besides the fact that maximun lenght for UTP cable are 90~110 mts and maybe you don't own a 5 km range wireless network dispositive, I believe that your are into a subnet of your Internet provider network. To check your networking config just compare yours IPs, gateway IPs and net mask (open comand line and type "ipconfig") .
So, a good alternative is deploy some vlan app provider (this will require some extra networking knowledge) on both pcs. Hamachi is good enough but you can search for others like gameranger or w3arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.