• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 is dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I heard/read alot of people saying that wc3 is dying. But as I can see the
community have never been bigger.

In the moment I write this there is 915 users online

Thats alot. I remember back when wc3sear.ch nearly was born
there was max 100 users online. So I will say its not dying.

Attachments

• users.JPG
    users.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 202
Level 4
It is true that most of people playing warcraft 3 (roc or tft) stopped to start playing world of warcraft but that isn't the answer to the question "is warcraft 3 dying?"..if you heard, that's probably because most of the times people refered about cheats and hacks (like map hack, tie hack, healing hack) and other "shit" that ruins the game..at least this concept is what most of the people think on battle.net ladder games..if you talk about the community..well..that's completely different:) I still found it way more active then the game itself :)

Level 3
Everything dies. Warcraft 3 is no exception. But it probaly won't be anytime soon.

WoW will never be able to completely overtake the Wc3 community, since its two completely different types of game. I don't like WoW. A lot of people don't like WoW. A lot of people don't like Wc3. (A lot of people don't like WoW, but can't stop playing it anyway.)

Wc3 still has a great community. Wc3 Still have af ton of maps and experiences left for its stalwart players. It is still one of the most... adaptable games ever. Therefore, it will live.
Only Starcraft 2, Warcraft 4 or the increased demand of graphics could kill it as it is now. And none of them will, probaly.

Warcraft 3 isn't really a Great Epic game anymore. Its a stalwart companion, an all-time winner, a point of safe return. Warcraft 3 will always be around, as long as some part of the gaming market still consists of nerds like meself.

Level 13
At Europe (Northrend), it's dying...

Only the (stupid) DotA's "survive". :bored:
The lists of games are bad, the games what are hosted are worse!
It even looks like if you refresh, there doesn't come any new games, they only disappear:cry:

Level 6
Hm, wc3will start to dying if SC2 will have better editor.

I agree with this.

If SC2's editor is superior, I expect a lot of people to switch over. If bnet map sizes are increased and .mdx models can be converted to work with SC2's engine, we may even see remakes of our favorite maps popping up apparently-unchanged.

Level 6
Wow will die when Starwars The Old Republic comes out. Trust me. Then Starcraft 2 will come out and many of the Warcraft 3 fans will head over there. Blizzard in a few years will then release their other MMORG which they have stated is a new franchise and that game will dethrone The old Republic. Everything dies and is replaced by something better. In a game sense anyway.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
But you have to agree that Wc3 is hard to kill. We already have these discuccions in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and now. Wc3 will die when the right time will come. SC 2 will not kill Warcraft, because not everybody likes Starcraft gameplay (like me). And

When Dota dies the Warcraft will die too..

Sounds like a dotard comment to me. And Warcraft 3 will still live, even if IceFrog suddently explodes.

Level 9
The list of top ten games that won't die? The list is rubbish, it doesn't include EV Nova, and Warcraft should be #1. It has better mods then Diablo and Starcraft. Well, thats just let alone the mods more like. Melee is still regularly played, and half of custom games are DOTA. Thats a good statistic rather then 90%.

Level 6
A lot of you are forgetting about the Elderscrolls games. They're unique which is why they won't die. Plus, there are more mods for those games than any other games. I'm talking about 1000's of mods and more keep coming. Morrowind came out in 2002 and was strong until its sequel, Oblivion came out in 2007. Now Oblivion is strong and is guaranteed to be strong until Elderscrolls 5 comes out in 2012. However, people still enjoy Morrowind and still mod for it, so even that game hasn't died.

Level 1
At Europe (Northrend), it's dying...

Only the (stupid) DotA's "survive". :bored:
The lists of games are bad, the games what are hosted are worse!
It even looks like if you refresh, there doesn't come any new games, they only disappear:cry:

I'd agree with that. Went on last night, 2/3s were the DotA matches...

Very few good, or interesting maps on the European server anymore. And an influx of Germans, or Scandinavians, half the time. No bad thing, as long as you're not the only english speaker...

Level 18
the last time i saw, there was 1400 users online at one time on hiveworkshop....thats way more than it was halfa year ago ( it was like 400-500 usually )

So i think WC3 wont die. Its only getting more popular. Probably because cooler things are happeneing in Wc3. For instance, WC3 : WOW is coming soon ! and TCX was awsome. what else ? Hero RPG was epic shit. Newer, and cooler games are coming out and being played and created.

Level 4
If Starcraft and Diablo's Battlenet players are still kicking I think we can manage a little longer. And if Blizzard creates a better Battlenet account system that is similiar to Steam, our old games would see major population increases.

Level 5
Eh...Dota is for n00b's that have nothing better to do...I think that warcraft 3 will die when and if warcraft 4 comes out...because quite honestly...some wc3 players like RTS only and not MMO's so i think even with this "New-Gen MMO" i dont think wc3 will quite die yet...

Level 4
Dota is a decent map. The elitist are the ones who ruin it. No different then the asshats in normal melee maps who rage quit or flame you if they lose because it is your fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.