• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 2 Tides of Darkness 1.0

Contents

Warcraft 2 Tides of Darkness 1.0 (Map)

Level 2
Man is it just me or does the load take one hell of a long time!
Good job man, exactly the map i was looking for!
Warcraft 2 rocks and i wanna do a remake for warcraft 3... rock on man!

Level 2
Can you please help me? i am almost finished loading when the blue bar is complete but still not saying "waiting for other players" and it wont move! i let it load for like 20 minutes but still nothing happens. When i try to open it in World Edit it is stuck at loading models 200/something

Level 2
Hey, this map isnt too bad... I love the Palidin/Knight mld and the other skins. Thought the gameplay and the terrain needs work.

Here are some Suggestions:

Get Buildings Like in real wc2 if u dont know them here they are:

Humans: Town Hall, Keep, Castle,Elven Lumber Mill, Blacksmith,scout tower\guard tower\cannon tower,shipyard, farm, Barracks, Oil Refinery, Foundry,stables, church, Gnomish Inventor, Mage Tower,
Gryphon Avairy.
Orcs:Great Hall, Stronghold, Fortress, Pig Farm, Barracks, Troll Lumber Mill, Blacksmith, Wach tower\Guard Tower\ Cannon Tower, Shipyard,Foundry, Oil Refinnery, Ogre Mound, Altar of Storms, Goblin Alchemist, Temple of the Dammed, Dragon Roost.
Plz take my advice, this map could be better.

Level 1
I made a little fan update, il release it if you want.
It fixes some miss spellings, makes all normal trolls to forest trolls, removes all shamans and kodo beasts, makes blood elf dragonhawks to high elf dragonhawks, and more.

Level 3
This map was really really bad. The terrain only deserved a 1/5. The units and buildings were really nothing like the real warcraft 2 and it was just so amateur and sloppy. All in all i wouldgive this map a 2.5/5 and I'm being generous. btw, did you know that pressing spacebar in the world editor brings your cursor back so you can double click on anything and edit i's properties. This might come in handy if you were trying to get something to face a certain way.

Level 11
Ok, ideas.
Remove the Goldmines, put put up posts with Goldmine model, try to Capture the goldmine to enable an income (How to increase income) kind of like Arathi Basin. None of the really good maps has actual gold mines :p Also, I would'nt mass so many models, they're cool an all, but alot of them kinda.... well... err, suck... and I can tell you made them... btw, not sure if this is a bug, but you had many many heroes that didnt even have a name, what is with that? Now, terrain... its kinda, well... plain is all I need to say. Make it more fitting, and ironforge isnt grassy, its snowy! *clicks on snow*
Dora: Right! The snow!
now, I try to urge this, to NOT have kings as heroes, kings are used as Leaders, sending a king into combat... lol. Idea. Have a unit named 'Kind Teranas" Where the throne is in Lordaeron, and have it like that Victory/Defeat condition. IF King Teranas dies, the orcs win. if the Dark Portal dies, the Humans win. Id get someone to terrain, as a fello mapper, I know that terraining can be hard, but... your terrain... looks kinda noobish, usually a lone mapper could do decent triggering and not bland terrain, but.. :p anyway,
Income
Remove models, get better ones
Victory/Defeat conditions
Fix the names, wtf is up with that?
Im not rating this, doesnt even look like its finished.