1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 2.5

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by TaShadan, Sep 10, 2011.

1. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did you follow the install instructions?

2. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Question, will you realease maps for this? Or only as a mod.

3. Everlive

Everlive

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It shouldn't be hard to convert from W2.5 map to W3 map.
    Just move the Models/Music/Textures/ect. from the Warcraft 2.5 folder into the Warcraft 3 folder (without changing the folder structure) then the map(s).
    There might be some overwriting over some default Warcraft 3 files, though.

Fixing that would take lots of time; finding out what Models/Music/Textures/ect. are used in the map then importing them directly into the map. Of course that would require the map not being protected and possibly being unplayable over LAN/Online (due to file size).

4. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its only a mod because the content is too much for a map. I will add an install file for the next release to avoid the installation problems some people are facing right now.

5. Manirus

Manirus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I installed it the way it you instructed but the custom maps don't work.

6. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    What exactly is the problem? You cant see the new models? If thats the case you forgot to edit the registry.

7. Manirus

Manirus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maps won't start as in I click to start the map and it looks as if the map will load, and then I'm right back at the custom map screen.

8. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Which war3 tft patch do you use? Did you install the mod acording to the instructions or did you just install the maps?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  9. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    TODO list for the next release:

-Undead and Nightelve ship icons (UgoUgo is working on the undead ones right now)
    -adding AIs for Hu,Ud and Ne
    -new stable model (if i cant find one i will stick with the old one)
    -installer
    -some minor tooltip fixing

if someone wants to help me with one or several of these topics just message me

10. XxDaiasxX

XxDaiasxX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Let the ai make stronger units and not only grunts and spearman i even put i on insane and they only spawn the same units

11. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    I created the AI in the AI editor to build Ogres and Dragons aswell, but somehow they dont... have to rework the AI but i dont have time and motivation right now... might take a while. Play vs friends meanwhile.

12. rgeddie123456

rgeddie123456

Resources:
    Resources:
    The file size according to Moddb is 35.05mb

I will download it tmr morning and I hope to play it

I ll give you my feedback soon dude

Feedback

This is an extremely good mod, I have tried it out and it has alot of potential
    I'd like to say a few things

1 - Undead, Ziggaraunts do not give food. I believe it is a bug , so please shed some light on this topic

2 - Heroes and items are not available so it would be more than good if you could implement them into the game

3 - I think we need to have more maps esp Naval maps

4 -I think many icons could be improved, I dont like the default (War 3 TFT) ones. I dont mean a graphics overhaul but icons only overhaul :D

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  13. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your feedback.

Necromancers give food but the tooltips are not updated in the released version. The new version with updated tooltips and fully playable undead will come soon.

I am sorry but the mod concept is without heroes and items. Maybe i will add an optional game mode, but i cant promise anything. Not too motivated right now to be honest.

The next release will feature more naval/semi naval maps.

Its a lot of work to make new icons but i agree with you. Suggestions are welcome.

14. rgeddie123456

rgeddie123456

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome! I just have to wait for the next version

Yes, please an optional game mode or whatever that will also add heroes/items
    Take it to the next level dude

Your mod has so much potential, would love heroes and items in it
    More maps will also make it a lot better

better icons would improve ur mod too

I already have a graphic overhaul mod to install in mind and wanna combine ur mod and that mod and play it
    maybe i will post screenshots of it later on :)

Im just waiting for the new versions of ur mod and the other one

Anyways, i have tracked ur mod on moddb so i ll know when you update

Just hope it will come out fast xD

Sincerely , a very eager fan

15. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some of the old style spells aren't there! Like where are the paladins? where is the cool blood lust and eye ball magic of the ogres?

Well maybe I'm missing something but it just isn't as cool as the old one

16. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its not a wc2 remake. Not all old spells were good actually. To be honest wc2 had a kinda crappy balance. I loved the game but in most cases it was grunts/ogres bloodlust = gg.

17. Manirus

Manirus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry, took me forever to get around to this, yes I followed the instructions exactly, and the patch I have is 1.07

18. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok thats why it is not working. You need the newest patch (1.26a).

19. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I found a bug or errors:
    • HUMANS:"Spiked arrows" upgrade button is solid lime green. so the button is missing.
      Edit: ah after I upgraded to the keep, it showed up, but not before.. interesting.
    • ORCS: Alter of Storms doesn't have the correct tooltip, it says use necrolytes, when targeting the necro, it says to use acolytes, it wasn't till later I found out it was orc grunts!
    • NIGHT ELVES: "Glaive throwers, but shoot arrows like the Ballista? change the model to TFT, or change the name?
    • I can destroy Oil deposits?
    • SUGGESTION: Navel construction could be on town halls and just require the t2 upgrade. example: what if I expand and want to create a naval worker, Why should i have to upgrade the Town Hall at my expansion in order to create one there?

TaShadan, consider making a campaign with these features as well, I don't think you have fully tapped into your potential. The idea are sound, the mix and balance between humans and orc is near flawless imo. I think you sound continue to work on perfecting and then go for a campaign of some sort.

sadly I don't think the game is worth a complete re-copy of my war3 folder, least not yet. If someone is going to need to copy and mod over the entire game itself instead of just a map, all 4 races should be changed, as a total conversion at least. I just cant see why this idea can not be done in a single map pack (Such as Beyond the Throne maps) I understand these might sound hard, but I have high hopes for your work! Don't give up.

My rate is 4/5 because with bugs and errors, I can't wait to see the next version released.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  20. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thx for the detailed reply.

• Have to check the again. Did not realize it yet :(

I think i already fixed that in the newest version (which is not released yet)

Yes the nightelven have a Ballista now. I have to change the name.

Yes they can be destroyed. Similar to CnC Oil derricks.

Interesting idea. I will think about it.

I would love to make a campaign, but my terraining skills are not that great and i just do not have the time i fear.

Too bad that you think so. My mod is just too big to be a standalone map (i actually started as a standalone map but you can not play maps bigger than 16 mb in multiplayer) and some of the features are not possible with a map version (for example the faction color changes).