• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarBall 1.4c

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
======== WARBALL =========

A 3v3 ball game. Teams try to pick up the ball once it spawns and then deliver it behind the opposing team's barricade.

The game is divided into rounds, with each round ending with either of the teams scoring a goal. The team scoring six goals first wins.

This version currently have eight heroes, each suited for fullfilling a particular task in a particular way. There are slow, stunning stoppers useful for defending with various entangles, polymorphs, ripples etc., swift but fragile runners for scoring the goals, healing/buffing supports, space shifters and so on.

Gold spawns throughout the game, which players can use to boost their heroes with items or to buy themselves various creeps.

======== HOW TO PLAY ========

The game is supposed to be played as 3v3. I highly recommend playing in full house, though 2v2 could work too.

If run as a single player, the game offers a cinematic tutorial and the experiment mode.

======== PROTECTION ========

This map is protected.

======== LINKS =========

WarBall homepage:
www.warball.net

WarBall Forums:
www.warball.net/forum

Thread @ Here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f202/warball-ultimate-ballgame-98385/

Thread @ The Helper Forums:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=590893

Keywords:
ball, war ball, warball, pass, passing, goal
Contents

WarBall 1.4c (Map)

Reviews
17:05, 19th Dec 2008 Rui: This map is original, and that is what I liked about it. However, the creator did not successfully apply his idea to the gameplay. See my full review here. Status set to Reviewed.

M

17:05, 19th Dec 2008
Rui:
This map is original, and that is what I liked about it. However, the creator did not successfully apply his idea to the gameplay.

See my full review [self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=81229#post946653]here[/self]. Status set to Reviewed.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
This map has one hell of a lot of potential. Although there are still some issues (I'll update the comment later with them in, I played an earlier beta and forgot to comment) this map can certainly get a good fan-following. Try getting some forums up?

Level 1
dont know if this is a problem or it is ment to be but i cannot play alone (close the other boxes) and i cant change them to players (real ppl)
Just thought to bring this to your attention :)

Level 2
Thanks. I've uploaded a new version with the Priest and Druid finally being worth playing, new items and most importantly important balance changes.

The forums will be up again soon, I'm moving the website from the former address to www.warball.net. I presume the website and the forums should be up by the beginning of the week.

Level 23
This map has, as Ash said, a great potential of turning to something nice and I like the concept. The item shop was unique as well. Though, the map should either allow more players or be somewhat smaller. I found it more that we ran around like rabbits until we got catched by stuns and ensnaring enemies. So, the heroes could need some balance. First of all, blink is really lame for a hero skill, as the hero can blink into the goal. That kinds of ruins the whole idea of having barricades (a sugegstion would be to disallow the user to blink into the goal). Also, the tauren chieftain seems rather slow, but totally imba when he locates a target and ensnares it for 6 seconds while the ability itself has short cooldown.

Otherwise it has truly potential of becoming great=)

Reactions: Rui
Level 8
I love the concept of the map however there are some rigged ass heroes like the tarrne guy who could net soem one stun them and kill them way to quick if they have good damage.

Then you get the archer who can blink over the barricade what i soem what abused. They has no chanc since i was allied with the taurren so they basicly died in secodns then i ran other and blinked in.

Remove blink.

Make the stun and net for the tauren elder less.

Other wise i would rate this map a 4/5 because of those small abusable bugs i would call them.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's Review ("WarBall" version 1.4c)
Pluses and Minuses
√ Hive Workshop requirements
√ Originality
√ Packaging
√ Machine/Net-friendly
√ Spelling & Grammar
√ Bug-free

+/- Fun Factor/Gameplay
+/- Object Editor work quality

(X) Terrain
(X) Re-playing worth
(X) Imported Material
(X) Balance
"WarBall" is a Warcraft III Capture-the-flag mixed with football elements. It is written in decent English and does not lag.

The thing that is most pleasing about this map is the originality. You succeeded in mixing a CTF type map with the football type of gameplay. But I feel that concretely it did not come out as good as the idea itself.

First of all, the terrain is too big for only 6 players. It seemed even bigger because I hired the Tauren Chieftain hero, and no boots would work with him. And since I have touched the heroes subject, let's talk about it. The heroes' skills are ridiculously powerful. The Tauren Chieftain had an ensnare ability that would last 9 seconds at level 3. Combined with his attack speed, damage, and his other abilities, he is nearly invincible at higher levels, not even counting with the items he may get.
Another thing that I found unacceptable was the fact that the Ranger had an insane speed increasing ability (150%?!) and Blink, along with a 50% evasion ultimate. Do you call this balanced?
Summarizing, the balance and the terrain were the things I disliked mostly. Your map is original and would be worth re-playing, if not for these things I mentioned above.
I found the Imported Material unneeded, by the way. It made the map look more beautiful, but it was unnecessary (except the picture, of course, which contributes to the packaging).
My rating for this resource is 2/5 (Lacking). The map is thus set to Reviewed status.