• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarBall - The Ultimate Ballgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
WarBall

WarBall is a 3v3 ball game. Everyone has a hero and tries to deliver the ball to the opposing team's barricades to score a goal. The ball can be passed between the heroes - and if it's the enemy who has it, the most reliable way to get him to drop the ball is to, well, in the name of fair play, smash him to pieces!

:spell_breaker: :spell_breaker: :spell_breaker: :spell_breaker: :spell_breaker: :spell_breaker: :spell_breaker: :spell_breaker: :spell_breaker: :spell_breaker: :spell_breaker: :spell_breaker: :spell_breaker: :spell_breaker: :spell_breaker: :spell_breaker: :spell_breaker: :spell_breaker:

Features

Clever Guys Win - The win surely is not a question of your APM. Do you have what it takes to rather rely on your smarts?

Eight Heroes - Each with absolutely different playing style. Stunning defenders, fast ball runners, space shifting surprisers, nuking duelists, buffing supporters, chanting spot holders, slow tankers and flying unstoppables!

No Mana - Meaning no longer being out of mana!

Balanced Item System - Each hero can only use one weapon, one chest item, one boots and so on, so you need to choose the right items. All heroes have some class-unique items improving their specific class abilities.

Tricky Items - Paralyzer, Slow Field Werk, Mark & Recall Gems, Grenade, various invis/invul/immune potions...

Nice and polished - The game's interface is done with great care and is arranged & polished & comfortable.

Screenshots

Battle over the Middle ball spawn spot, with a Tribal Chanter winning with his Totem of Stormwrath

The yellow Ranger manages to pass the ball to the red Shifter who's gonna score right away

And there goes a goal!

The game contains a cinematic tutorial explaining all the rules

References

It gets a thumbs up Pandaren from me! - Andrewgosu

keep going and it will be a 10/10 from me (...) such a creative and fun idea - kenny!

Ok... this map is sick. The triggers and items and icons and skills are great. (...) MAKE THE NEXT VERSION NOWWW!!! lol - thewrongwine

it's a great map - Sirroelivan

This map has one hell of a lot of potential. - Ash

The ratings @ epicwar keep somewhere around 4.5.

Download

You can download from this page :fp::fp::fp:.

The game is 3v3. If you start a single-player game, you can play a cinematic tutorial that takes you through the rules.

Forums

The game's forums are over here. :fp::fp::fp:

Level 9
What are you talking about. The best games don't have any imports.
Look at vampirism fire, DotA, tag games. None of these have imports. Work with what you have.

The game looks okay so far but the terrain hurts my eyes.

Level 4
Look at vampirism fire, DotA, tag games. None of these have imports. Work with what you have.

Custom models:
-trees
-doods
-dont always have to be units..

Spice it up a little with custom trees! i hear that alot, try it!

Level 9
well to start he just add some doodads and trees, custom or not; your map is completely blank except for blizzard cliffs.

dota has imports.

anyway, the game seems nice, original, and fairly like a mini game.

i would change a couple things like more heros, and make the map really small.

Level 2
Yeah, the terrain's kinda boring, I'll improve that to the next version. I wanted to have a fun game first, then to do the poshy part.

But I'm more insterested in hearing how does the game actually play. Is it fun? Is it balanced? What you like, don't like etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.