• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

War-tools file Malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've recently downloaded the War-tools mod in the 'tools-section'

And thought i'd be a nice mod, because i'd always see my allies' healthbars...

But customkeys are also used...

This is really annoying because of the custom keys, some abilities can't be pressed and only clicked.

For example, In impossible bosses map:

Healing Wave

I press W and I end up using an other ability, and none of the other keys replaces the W keybind of the healing wave.

When you open wartools, you see a Zip.file, with wartools.exe, a script file etc... I tried everything, I find the button ordering a good thing (e.g. spells are on the first row instead of the useless options like Move, or patrol etc who are moved to the bothem)

So i opened the script file, and put a 0 in front of all usecustomkeybinds -commands.

And also did that on the program itself, unticked the option.

BUT WORST OF ALL, the program keeps working even if it isn't activated. As if it changed something in my wcIII file so it's now always looking like this :(

Thank you for your support!

Level 2
This has nothing to do with map modification...

Where else do I put things like these?!

Please help me... It's really affecting my gameplay... The point of downloading that file, was to increase my gaming-experience.. But it ends up being a file that does everything but that... Great site... Can you feel the irony?

Level 17
Well you won't need the health bar showing function since it's going to be a new feature in the next official Warcraft patch.. which should be out in the next few days/weeks. I never understood people who were whining about holding the alt key. When I play I always hold down the alt key manually and I don't even notice it.
There are better tools to remap your keys try another one.

And Void was right, it is the Map Editing tools section, I don't know if we have a thread for 3rd party programs but I don't think so since most of them are considered to be hacks and Hive doesn't support them.

Level 2
oh ok... thx for the update!

btw, i just removed the custom key textfile in my wcIII folder and it all works like a charm now :) thanks cya

((can't wait till that patch comes out))

Status
Not open for further replies.