• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Uninstall War3 Art Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

.KC

.KC

Level 8
Hallo People.

Okay this problem annoy me so much, im thinking quit wc3 modding and wait for sc2, if I never solve it. A week ago, I wanted to uninstall 3dsmax5 and the Art Tools, because my max got some problems.

When I used the Art Tools uninstaller I got a error (cant remeber what error I got). So I just Uninstalled 3dsmax, and then deleted the Art Tools.

Then I installed 3dsmax5 again, but when I wanted to install the Art Tools, It says "Install Complete" so I cant install it. I have tried everything:

Searched in regedit for: war3, warcraft, Art, Tool, ArtTools, Blizzard, and deleted every file it found. This didnt work.

I have uninstalled 3dsmax again and also warcraft3. This dosent work too.
So now im going insane. I know its because there is a stupid ******* mother****** file somewhere on my computer, then the Art Tools thinks its already installed.

Does anyone know any way I can solve this problem?
Thank you so much for the help.

.KC

.KC

Level 8
First I tried Uninstalled it through "Add/Remove Programs" but I got an error message. I cant remember what it said, but something about it was unable to uninstall it.

So I had to just delete it

.KC

.KC

Level 8
Its arround 3 weeks ago I installed them. I already tried that, but the restoresystem is disabled:thumbs_down:

I think the last way is to reinstall my windows.

Thank you very much for you help

.KC

.KC

Level 8
Finally I solved the problems. I found the 3 files I needed to delete before I could install it again. These 3 files are located at:
C:\Programs\Shared Files\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III Art Tools\msvcr71.dll
C:\Programs\Shared Files\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III Art Tools\unicows.dll".
C:\Programs\Shared Files\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III Art Tools\Uninstall.exe

Now I got a Danish version of Windows, so I dont know if I translated the path right. Else just search for the file names.

Im telling this, so if anyone else have the same problem or get it, my thread hopefully shows up when they search after "Art Tool".

Status
Not open for further replies.