• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Questions about Geoset transfer and Oinkerwinkle's Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well... first,i want to know if it is possible to do geoset transfers/merging using only Magos' War3 Model Editor. If so... are there any tutorials on the matter?

And also... is there any incompatibility problems between oinkerwinkle's tools and Windows 7? Since i installed Windows 7,everytime i try to run ANY of his tools i get this error message: "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

They used to run just fine on Windows XP... anyone else getting this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Well... first,i want to know if it is possible to do geoset transfers/merging using only Magos' War3 Model Editor.

AFAIK, you can't do that with Magos' model editor. You need oinkerwinkle's tools, or some other variant, for geoset transfers/merging.

For the COMDLG32.ocx error, try right-clicking the file and selecting Run as Administrator. If that doesn't work, then go to this site:
http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/support_dll.phtml?dllname=COMDLG32.OCX

And follow the instructions, or download the libraryfiles.exe that they have linked on that page.

Status
Not open for further replies.