• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War Over Anasteria: The Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have posted a message earlier about this regarding a campaign and a strategy based war-game. I have now decided that it will be 12 or more campaigns and a strategy based war-game. With a campaign for each race + a Prologue campaign and some Historical campaigns, I am planning to provide atleast 120 chapters of the story and it's lore. This is the order in which I plan to release each campaign

1. Prologue Campaign
2. Barisea
3. Delos'Nordan
4. Larasin
5. Silverhammer
6. Historical Battles of the Mortals
7. Arkazja
8. Delacia
10. Namarathia
11. Shadowflood
12. Historical Battles of the Everliving Flood and Shadow
13. Devinoldia
14. Groswoln
15. Darkswamp
16. Historical Battles of the Flooded Conquest
17. Death of a Nation
18. Imperial Nation on the Rise
19. A New Refounding
20. At the Mouth of Hell
21. Bleeding War
22. Endwar
23. Gods and Deitys
24. Epilogue

As you can see this is double 12. I will probably remove some but up until 17 it is based on the race's perspective of the war. 17 is the fall of many nations during the war, and 18 is the rise of the fallen nation, the Imperial Nation. 19 is rebuilding from the war and 20 is destroying Arkazja and its evil grasp that led to the wars. 21 is Arkazja enclosed but Anasteria breaks out in war again about land. In 22 Arkazja breaks out of its seal and ends the war, with its god, Arkazj finally killed by a slayer who then opened the seal and led Anasteria to peace. In 23 the evil gods finally play roles and ressurecting many deities who then ressurect the many races that were left behind to create peace, such as the "Fallen Ones" and other races/organizations/armies that wanted war. 24 is the fall of the Deitys and Evil Gods, leaving everything in ruins, and Anasteria completely destroyed.

I would also like to know some things about campaigns that I could never figure out such as,

1. Is it possible to make a campaign like BLizzard did, connecting several campaigns together such as the Night Elven, Blood Elven, and Undead campaign in The Frozen Throne?

2. If it is not possible, would it be better if I made different submissions in the map section for each campaign, or just make one big one with all of them linked together?

3. Are there any rules on Hiveworkshop forbidding a campaign based on 24 different campaigns that I overlooked?

Level 37
Trust me, you are doing too big campaign. I have my own that is 17(prologue + epilogue + interludes(4) + chapters(11)) map long and I have been doing it last 2 years(or was it 3...?).

I suggest you to try with something smaller, for example start your campaign with 3 maps, then upload it to here and see what people say about your campaign.

Level 15
I agree. A high quality campaign is usually very difficult to manage and create.

1. Is it possible to make a campaign like BLizzard did, connecting several campaigns together such as the Night Elven, Blood Elven, and Undead campaign in The Frozen Throne?
Yep, its possible. Use the campaign manager. I think its F10 or something.
This allows you to create a campaign, in which they share the same files and Object Editor Data. This may make your work much easier.

And there's no rule about campaign length. People may not play such a huge campaign though :S Blizzard campaigns are generally short and easy to complete, so if you want to make a 24 chapter campaign, I suggest that you keep them short. That's all my advice to you.

Level 12
Trust me, you are doing too big campaign. I have my own that is 17(prologue + epilogue + interludes(4) + chapters(11)) map long and I have been doing it last 2 years(or was it 3...?).

I suggest you to try with something smaller, for example start your campaign with 3 maps, then upload it to here and see what people say about your campaign.

I will upload demos onto here, yes. It is not that hard for me because I have 20+ pages of lore written in word. :thumbs_up:

Level 12
I agree. A high quality campaign is usually very difficult to manage and create.

Yep, its possible. Use the campaign manager. I think its F10 or something.
This allows you to create a campaign, in which they share the same files and Object Editor Data. This may make your work much easier.

And there's no rule about campaign length. People may not play such a huge campaign though :S Blizzard campaigns are generally short and easy to complete, so if you want to make a 24 chapter campaign, I suggest that you keep them short. That's all my advice to you.

I meant is it possible to link together 2 campaigns, not 2 chapters...
I plan on dividing the campaign into more then 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.