• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War Map v1.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Story
Six cities have formed 2 alliances, the United City and the Federation. They sought to destroy each other and become the sole owner of this resourceful land.

Game play
Take control of strategic village that lies around cities; increase your income by securing ports and gold mines, or build more markets; expand your army by owning windmills, or build more houses.

The game is concentrated on warring; the only objective is to eliminate the other faction. Though, in the middle of the map lies a great city, a city well defended and has a spawning trigger if any one dares to invade it.

Also, every 7 minutes, raiders will attack any city that is control by human, the amount of raider will vary depends on the army size of the owner of that city. If a region is control by raider, they will build up defenses in the city.

Credit
There are 4 imported file, 1 pathing, 2 icon, and 1 model
The pathing is done by myself,
The icons and model is made by olofmoleman
-Trebuchet- from www.Hiveworkshop.com

Also the game is first inspired by The Conquerors Beta 0.95.w3x, original from Edwin

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/82497

and, Age of Wonder

also a paper game I use to play with my friend in school.

Update:1.20
Raider spawn can be disable now
All hero now have 2 default skill
Heroes now give 1 special tech each
Paladin skill changes

Update:1.10
Unit added - Fortified Outpost
Building sight fixed
Starter spawn for human player only
Unit model and collision reduce
Hero skill - Carrion Swamp now damage building too
2 new mode - Deathmatch (upgrade, gold, lumber at maximun) Boss (all player allied and fight Osgiliath
Redo the design for the city and right side
City now have name (some doesnt show in game, i don't know why)
Contents

War Map v1.2 (Map)

Reviews
14:28, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 12
sounds fun, gonna try!

Edit:
So I played the map now for more than a hour and a half match, heres my review.

+ There was many different buildings, units.
+ Raiders actually build after that they've taken citites/villages/whatever you like to call them.

- Terrain could be made much better.
- Units collosion sizes were the same as in melee maps or even larger, can be very hard to get through some places. I recommend to reduce the collosion size of every unit by alteast 100%.
- Raiders spawn locations were set very bad as later in the game when you have most of the towns they attack behind you and you must have units everywhere to defend your cities. Raiders should spawn in their town instead, attack moving to the other towns.
- Unused player spots also had "start place choosers".

Bugs:
- Demolisher Tower's demolisher itself can sometimes bug and gets out of the tower, enabling it to move around the map beeing invurnable. This probably occurs when the tower is built or upgraded.

Last edited:
Level 3
Vuormalainen
Thx for the review,
Can make few examples on how/which to improve the terrain?

“Reduce the collision size of every unit by at least 100%”? Wouldn’t that be 0 collisions? My friend also had complaint to me that there are a lot of traffic jams… so I guess that makes in necessary now. Both collision and model size will be reduce when update.

Each city has 3 villages and 2 directions of raiders, and raiders will inevitable to pass through 1 of the 3 village. And raiders were meant to annoy players, larger the army you have, more raiders will come, this makes strong players harder to take over weak players.

For unused player’s starter will not be spawn in next version as I just realize in a game just after I submit, a player stop his starter on top of my ally city then leave game… (permanent ward)

Bugs:
Is there any chance you still remember where this happens? For what I knew, this will only happen if the “scout tower” were on unwalkable path, and I quite sure I place all small foundation on walkable path.

krisserz
What is “small nuber number of units”? also what is lack in the description?

Youknowho
If raiders don’t annoyed, will they be raider? Actually it is easy to defend against them with building’s amour upgrade. Just put few knights or footman at the entrance, when raiders come, they just be tanker, the towers should take care of them; or you can use militia to do the same trick.

I also thinking of making a trigger to arm the peasant automatically when being attack by enemy.

The map actually quite old, all the basic were finish back at 2008, now I just furnish it, it used to be a 4v4 map, but it just too cramp.

How to make hide?

Level 18
krisserz
The proper map description (info about the map (not counting credits, forum links, changelog etc.)) is really short. On Hive it should be a little bit longer. By "small number of units" I mean that combat units you can train are only swordsman, archer and knight (and demolishers). By this you cannot combine army style. You should incarase number of units possible to train, like adding swordsman - good armor and... idk. for example militia, which will have good damage instead of defense. That will force players to combine their armies.

Level 12

Vuormalainen
Thx for the review,
Can make few examples on how/which to improve the terrain?

“Reduce the collision size of every unit by at least 100%”? Wouldn’t that be 0 collisions? My friend also had complaint to me that there are a lot of traffic jams… so I guess that makes in necessary now. Both collision and model size will be reduce when update.

Each city has 3 villages and 2 directions of raiders, and raiders will inevitable to pass through 1 of the 3 village. And raiders were meant to annoy players, larger the army you have, more raiders will come, this makes strong players harder to take over weak players.

For unused player’s starter will not be spawn in next version as I just realize in a game just after I submit, a player stop his starter on top of my ally city then leave game… (permanent ward)

Bugs:
Is there any chance you still remember where this happens? For what I knew, this will only happen if the “scout tower” were on unwalkable path, and I quite sure I place all small foundation on walkable path.

krisserz

Youknowho
If raiders don’t annoyed, will they be raider? Actually it is easy to defend against them with building’s amour upgrade. Just put few knights or footman at the entrance, when raiders come, they just be tanker, the towers should take care of them; or you can use militia to do the same trick.

I also thinking of making a trigger to arm the peasant automatically when being attack by enemy.

The map actually quite old, all the basic were finish back at 2008, now I just furnish it, it used to be a 4v4 map, but it just too cramp.

How to make hide?

Ops I mean by atleast 50%.

Also terrain can be better made by not using cliffs at all but uses the lower and "higher" function and place some pathing blockers at hills instead.

Dl and testing.

My review--
Bad points:
Could improve on terrain.
Units were too small.
No custom map preview for a LOTR map?
Maybe change the name to something more authentic than 'War Map'.
Wierd model for a selecter.
Could use some male archers.

Good points:
Enjoyable for a beginner map.
Nice tower/house/statue thingy.
Selection method was easy.

Suggestions:
Add some screenshots, change some models, and touch up on some stuff.

Overall:
A map that is worth having a try though not the awesomestest one. 3/5 for your nice work.

Last edited:
Level 3
raise ground can not raise river...
more over, this is a strategy map, while using raise tool to create cliff definetely looks nicer, it will not give units on higher ground any advantage.

and this is not a lotr map, i only choose the name because the design of the city looks so.

i want to post screeny too, but i don't know how to make hide/spoiler bar

which part of a air plane looks wierd? = =

i reluctant to import more model since it doesnt really neccessary.

Last edited:
What the hell do you mean not necessary? Are you gonna use a Tauren for a knight? Are you gonna use a Naga for a barracks?

And so you 'only choose the name because the design of the city looks so.'? Can't you create your own name for it instead of getting people mixed up?

[/hidden]-This one goes at back.
-This one goes in front.

e.g.
Hello!

Level 3
well, since warcraft3 own model already sufficient, why the import spree?

ofcause i can come out with names, how can just a name will make people mixed up things?

also 10q for the hidden thingy, i will upload screeny in some time