• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War In Quel'thalas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi I am working on a map called War in Quel'thalas but i need a terrainer but i dont find anyone so if you want to help me just sign up here.

if you want information how it will be i can tell you here :smile: It will be 4 teams Blood elves,Undead of deatholme,Amani Trolls and the i cant get an idea of what the fourth race should be

Level 3
It is likea melee map but you got no food limit and it is like 12 teams (but on my map just 4) each race has events that happens to them like if the capital of the race destroys they get a nre race like the high elves becomed blood elves and to get gold you capture control points that gives income

Level 8
Having no food limit suckz because the map is gonna lag like crazy. People are gonna build and build their army unlimited and have like 2000 unit under their control like Medieval Builders. With your events and extra stuff, this is gonna lag like hell.

Level 3
you can??? btw the map will look eversong woods and ghostlands connected together so if you have played wow it gonna be easier. The Map will look like this 2 regions connected to each other. it dont need to be exactly as on the picture because i think it will be very hard so try your best

Attachments

• eversongWoods.jpg
    eversongWoods.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 223
  • Ghostlands.jpg
    Ghostlands.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Level 18
you can??? btw the map will look eversong woods and ghostlands connected together so if you have played wow it gonna be easier. The Map will look like this 2 regions connected to each other. it dont need to be exactly as on the picture because i think it will be very hard so try your best

Having both maps will be a 480x480 map and not a 256x256 unless you use a Castle building for Silvermoon, those areas are huge.

Level 1
your 4th race should be satyrs. That'd fit in with the whole idea of the high elf addiction to magic and all that as they're essentially corrupted elves and all that. Mind you, naga works well too.

Level 7
your 4th race should be satyrs. That'd fit in with the whole idea of the high elf addiction to magic and all that as they're essentially corrupted elves and all that. Mind you, naga works well too.

You don't get satyres in eversong woods, their native to Kalimdor and corrupted blood elves are called something else which i cant remember now but I know cos i played a wow BE hunter and spent a good 2 weeks runing around that area.

How is this map going got any updates for us?

Level 17
This sounds very promising. Good luck. If I can help lore-wise, just give me a call... anyway.

The mana-addicted blood elves are the Wretched. (SP?). In my opinion, you should also have the Scourge as a race as the Dead Scar and Ghostlands are pretty much filled with them. The Wretched should also be a race. You may want to delve into that a bit more. The Scourge should also include Deatholme. Also, the Amani Trolls may prove to be a good race as they also inhabit the area, do they not?

Should be races:
The Blood Elves (of course)
The Wretched
Deatholme
The Amani Trolls

If you wish to add more, perhaps split the Blood Elves into the Villages and Silvermoon itself.

Level 17
He may require Outland if he does that... and the way out of Outland is in the south. Unless you have some kind of link, like a portal, perhaps you COULD add the Orcs then. Fel Orcs, that is.

Level 23
Well, there was some kind of link which Kael used to retake Sunwell Plateau(If I am not sadly mistaking)

Remeber, Kael wanted Sunwell to summon Kil'jaeden. And the Legion.
Hm, nice storyline. Good blood elves try to protect Silvermoon, when Kael is summoning demons to destroy all.

Level 17
Very true. We're on a roll!

You could have Netherstorm. Perhaps, to add another player, make Netherstorm a seperate player. Maybe at first the two are allies and then as Kael'thas begins to use the Sunwell to summon the one thing that originally destroyed Quel'Thalas (Arthas revived Kel'thuzad and Kel'thuzad was in sync with the demons, yadda, yadda), the two unally.

You might actually be able to fit the Fel Orcs in there. Considering you also have Trolls. However this map is based on Quel'Thalas, we shouldn't delve too much into Draenor.

Last edited:
Level 17
Hmm... it would defeat the purpose, making a large Netherstorm map. If we did, we could expand a bit more on the lore. Perhaps, as an act of obviousness (because we all know Blizzard will screw the lore over more), summon Kil'Jaedan. Of course, Kael'thas must do that. It is the Blood Elves' job to protect the Sunwell once more.

With the Wretched, you could have them torturing the villages of Quel'Thalas. That would put some pressure on the person playing the Blood Elves. I know that Sunsail Anchorage is full of the Wretched and so are the Ruins of Silvermoon. A few of the NPC areas (in WoW) are located at those places. The Amani would be yet another problem. But maybe it is their role to summon the Fel Orcs from Draenor (not the ones allied to Illidan) or to just stalk the Blood Elves. This could mean the Wretched and the Amani meet half-way against each other.

Level 17
The ... high elves? o_O Do you mean blood elves? Because the high elves are the blood elves, just a different name, new purpose in the world. . .

Level 17
Hmm... where would we locate them? I'll wiki them. =D

The Silvermoon Remnant... I don't think they'd be a good candidate. They're a) in Theramore or b) being hunted by Trolls and the Scourge in forests/Hinterlands. Plus, the blood elves hate their guts. It'd be a bad idea.

Level 23
HOW DARE YOU!
The High Elves are the ones who didnt fall to demonic magic and vengeance!
They respect the nature and they knew the cost of arcane magic, thats why they built the Runestones. They remebered what their ancestors did, but the blood elves, who were created by Kael, betrayer of Alliance, elvenkind and the whole Azeroth, have made the same, their ancestors did! Their addiction to fel magic, power and meaningless vengeance shall curse themselves, and everybody who believed in them. Thrall is a fool to allow Forsaken and Blood Elves stay in the Horde! Horde is freedom from demons and anybody else, but the foolish blood elves do not understand that! They and Forsaken have forgotten the meaning of good and the Light! They must... understand.

Level 17
Incase you've forgotten, it was the Alliance that drove Kael to his rebellion against it. After the Third War, the Scourge still roamed and it was Lord Garithos' job to destroy them. With this, he employed the remaining high elves. His racism and hatred towards them forced Kael'thas to seek different sources of protection which is where he found Lady Vashj. If you look back, the high/blood elves have a certain connection with the Naga, like the Naga have a connection with the satyrs and the Kal'dorei. Anyway... because Kael'thas was thinking for the best of his people, Garithos ordered them to be imprisoned and executed. I do not believe the Silvermoon Remnant (of whom remained in Dalaran and eventually were slaughtered, some now remain in Theramore) knew of what took place. Only that Kael'thas rebelled against his allies for the better of his people. Really, it was an act of protecting his people. But now, he plans for revenge. But who wouldn't? In my opinion, it is how Kael'thas expresses his patriotic side.

And the Forsaken... well, they have a reason for vengeance. But they're vendetta is against the Scourge, not the Alliance. That is why they still remain in Lordaeron and not in Kalimdor like the true Horde.

Level 5
y and the elfs who live in quel saw that kaels way wasn't the best one 2 so they joint the best way you can take: JOin the Horde!
and it is because of the alliance there is still war between the horde and the alliance.
they don't wanna see that the new horde isn't the same as the old horde.
the high elfs doesn't see what the humans did to there people (or don't wanna see it)

Level 17
Yeah... Blizzard screwed that over. The Horde shouldn't include the Blood Elves and the Forsaken. The Forsaken and the Blood Elves have the same vendetta. However, the Scarlet Crusade and Argent Dawn stop the Forsaken from doing anything to the Scourge.

So far, we have:
Silvermoon City
The Blood Elves of Netherstorm
The Amani Trolls
The Wretched
Deatholme
We need one more at least... are there any human/Scarlets/Argents in the Ghostlands?

Level 23
Well, Garithos is an idiot. He is actually was one of those, who ruined the First Alliance with their strategis. The other parts of Alliance were not so racismic.
And what about Forsaken... You know that they want not only destruction of the Scourge, but also destruction of the whole living(Including orcs)?They have expeditions in Kalimdor. You know what they are doing? They are doing great evil! There are no good Forsaken(at least in Kalimdor)The Forsaken will leave Horde immediatly, if something happens. And their allies the blood elves with them.

It is strange, that Thrall, who is against everything demonic, lets blood elves and Forsaken(who are warlocks)be in the Horde. The blood elves feed upon demonic energy!

Level 17
The Forsaken/Blood Elves initiated themsleves with the Horde. It was stupid, indeed, considering Zul'jin, the father of Sen'jin, was one of the Amani Trolls of whom still feud with the Blood Elves. But it is Thrall's kindness that allowed the Forsaken and the Blood Elves to unite with the New Horde. Just like Thrall was not so judgemental about Grom and the Warsong during their own addiction. But I also think that in some twisted way, the blood elves of Silvermoon (led by the three leaders) do not cling to the Horde for some vengeance as they have seen what that vendetta has done to their Prince. I think that for the blood elves, it is a matter of taking back their lands because during the Second War, they're forests suffered a lot and before the Third War, the elves were still healing. And for the Forsaken... I think it is their vendetta only against Arthas that keeps them running. They have many bases in Northrend now because it is them who are determined for his death. Even the Scarlets, who's enemy is also Arthas, try to forbid them.

Level 17
I've read it. And in truth, it is pity that keeps the Forsaken in the ranks of the Horde. Though selfish, their cause to restoring themselves is noble. However this 'plague' is not. The Tauren mainly work with the Forsaken to restore them. However, I deny that they need it. They've focused a whole sect. on a plague for the Scourge. Why not a cure?

Level 23
They lost the last remains of their sanity, in their desire for vengeance to the Scourge which destroyed them, and the living who rejected them. And they wonder why the Light has abandon them!
Yes, Thrall pities them, but he should understand, that they are no longer tortured souls, they are essence of vengeance. In their desires, they have become like the Scourge which killed them. They were good, but now they have become evil.
I would like to pity them, but they do not deserve it.

P.S.
I forgot that this is an article about a campaign:xxd:

Level 17
xD I know Ala. We've gone into deep discussion!
Thrall pities them. But he also sympathizes. His race too succumbed to a condition, which is why he has agreed to peace with the Forsaken. His eyes are too distracted on his mission for peace for his people. Also, the many Apothecary also comprise of Trolls, Orcs and Magatha Grimtotem which has sort of disorientated them from the main picture: the intention of the Forsaken. Anyway, add, here are a couple races you could have as your fourth:

The Wretched
Netherstorm

Level 17
Yes. Because the Night Elves are a solo force in Kalimdor. They thought it would only be fair that the Horde had a solo force in the East. Then the Draenei and Blood Elves came along. But if they wanted to, they could've united the old Blackrock Orcs with the Horde, considering Thrall might 'pity' his fallen brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.