• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] War Club question/issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ok, so i have the war club ability modified to change the attack type of the hero. I don't want it to need to be cast on a tree to work so i changed it to terrain/self etc. but the problem is that its being cast but the attack doesn't get changed.

Can someone help me with this?

EDIT: also, is the cooldown group on War Club hard coded into the game? Having 2 War Club derivative abilities, casting one of them, makes the game cast both.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Ok, so i have the war club ability modified to change the attack type of the hero. I don't want it to need to be cast on a tree to work so i changed it to terrain/self etc. but the problem is that its being cast but the attack doesn't get changed.
War club doesn't work if not casted on a tree.

I Recommand using an Trasformation ability, and make two versions of your Hero.
  • Bearform unlimited time
  • Metamorph limited time

Level 8
The ability actually swaps a unit's attacks around. For the Mountain Giant, from Attack 1 to Attack 2. Also, pretty sure that War Club is hard-coded to only target trees if I'm not mistaken.

The issue with having 2 spells based on the same ability is that both will go into affect when either one is cast. That goes for every ability in the game except Channel, where you can edit the Base Order Id.

Edit: What Tasyen said about the transformations is probably the best way to go.

Level 7
War club doesn't work if not casted on a tree.

I Recommand using an Trasformation ability, and make two versions of your Hero.
  • Bearform unlimited time
  • Metamorph limited time

Well transformations will be a bit of a pain because it refers to a hero and it can have 22+ spells so checking each hero which ability it has where and then passing items around would be a bit complicated.

The ability actually swaps a unit's attacks around. For the Mountain Giant, from Attack 1 to Attack 2. Also, pretty sure that War Club is hard-coded to only target trees if I'm not mistaken.

The issue with having 2 spells based on the same ability is that both will go into affect when either one is cast. That goes for every ability in the game except Channel, where you can edit the Base Order Id.

Edit: What Tasyen said about the transformations is probably the best way to go.

Pfff, so no 2 war club abilities to switch between attacks? ...

Status
Not open for further replies.