• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warclub Ability for Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Gosh, two problem in one day! :O

So, I have a hero, who was based off the Mountain King but who's model file is a big peasant. (His name is Paul Bunyan). I gave him the War Club ability from the Mountain Giant (I just checked "is a hero ability" for that ability) but the tree just disappears. Is there any way to make the tree appear in his hand without crazy skinning skills? Or a trigger, maybe?

Thank you!

Level 19
your mountain king has a peasant model? is it a custom model or the war3 model of peasant? you must have a model that has the war club "animation" like the mountain giant has. if not you could use a different ability that targets trees and use attachments

Level 8
do you want that your PAUL has tree in his hand. or it can be something else.
Tree that Giant uses is animation and there's no such model to be attached so you should try some other attachment. I created ability based on War Club. You use Gem fragments to fire soul beams. Looks great. but since your hero is peasant it wouldn't be very eye candy to see ability like that on him. so improvise a little. attach some Bow, set ranged attack...
Like PAUL is making bow and arrows from a piece of tree...

Level 2
Ok, so any idea on how I could make an attachment appear after targeting a tree? I don't mind making a new ability.

Level 34
An other problem: If you give Warclub to a non-Mountain Giant unit and let it cast it will:

A - Remove/Changing the damage of the unit, rendering it useless. Or it also can change the damage like for the Siege Engine.
B - A hero casts it but it removes temporary the damage icon and gives the hero the orb range attack. The damage will return back to normal after -+ 10 hits.

I played masses of Roleplay maps, if you want to know.

Level 19
Mountain Giant with Tree is in Mountain Giant model Animations include tree are alternate animations

So you can request a Peasant model with Alternate animations that holds a tree on those

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Jakebert said:
Gosh, two problem in one day! :O

So, I have a hero, who was based off the Mountain King but who's model file is a big peasant. (His name is Paul Bunyan). I gave him the War Club ability from the Mountain Giant (I just checked "is a hero ability" for that ability) but the tree just disappears. Is there any way to make the tree appear in his hand without crazy skinning skills? Or a trigger, maybe?

Thank you!

To more directly answer your question: Yes, hopefully. Since the Tree-in-hand is actually a part of the Mountain Giant's model (he has an alternate set of animations, like Stand Tree, Walk Tree, Attack Tree, Death Tree, etc), so when he has used that ability, his animations get that modifier and he looks like he's holding a tree.

(Actually, the Villager itself has a set of hidden animations, involving holding a corpse over his shoulder and then dumping it on the ground. Just FYI)

Anyway, so you'll have to make a separate dummy "art attachment" ability, with a custom tree model (or just the regular Doodads... May be skewed in his hands, though). Then when he casts the modified War Club, catch it with a trigger (Units starts effect of an ability, Ability being cast = mod. War Club). After that, do (Add "tree attachment" ability to Casting Unit).

Getting rid of it may be harder. Or I'm just too lazy to think it through. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.