• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Make WarClub not kill tree when used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I don't know if the tittle made it clear, but I just need to know if there is a way to use the war club ability without killing a tree

Level 11
I don't believe there is a way to prevent the tree from dying using only the object editor.

Instead, you could make a trigger that causes the tree that was targeted by the spell to immediately come back to life after being killed.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I have attached a test map with a working War Club ability that doesn't destroy trees. You can press "Escape" in-game to alternate between the old and new War Club ability so you can compare the two. As far as I tested they look and feel exactly the same (which is a good thing) so don't be confused if you can't tell the difference.

If this causes problems then I'd say go with Halithor's solution. Both should work just fine. I just wanted to try and create a more visually appealing version, plus I was bored and this seemed like fun lol.

Edit: If someone uses the example in my map make sure to clean up the leaks for the Point variable, etc... I forgot to do it myself.

Attachments

• Tree Test.w3x
    25 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Level 1
I have attached a test map with a working War Club ability that doesn't destroy trees. You can press "Escape" in-game to alternate between the old and new War Club ability so you can compare the two. As far as I tested they look and feel exactly the same (which is a good thing) so don't be confused if you can't tell the difference.

If this causes problems then I'd say go with Halithor's solution. Both should work just fine. I just wanted to try and create a more visually appealing version, plus I was bored and this seemed like fun lol.

Thanks a lot, I found a workaround to what I was originaly trying to do without using warclub, but this might be useful anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.