• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Walking Dead

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my first map that I have uploaded and I'm also new here, so I do need help. This map is a simple zombie co-op game. Choose a class and fight hordes of undead. The zombies are sometimes unforgiving. In the game there are multiple classes and some require ammo. If you want me to change the map in anyway, please tell me. This map has also been updated to have descriptions.

Since I'm still trying to figure out the Map Description Generator, this is the best I can do Map and idea by me, help from Bear_369 the game feature a town, city, 8 classes, tons of zombies, 3 types of zombies, and 2 hidden footman. Also I will put in a new loading screen later.

I will also host a battle.net game sometimes, or if I'm asked.

Change Log:
1.0 Added snow in the cities edge, fixed medics inv., footman now drop stuff.
1.1 All descriptions added, added more zombies, added loading screen, changed squads icon.
1.2: added the medic's voice, added the ammo for the medic, increased time one the floating text at the beginning, zombies base is now invincible, added an easter egg, added a health fountain, added two ammo shops, and added a merchant.
1.3: More health and dg for tank, more dg for runner, marines last forever and have three inv. slots, claws of attack do mor dg, decreased survivor health but increased their dg, increased sniper dg, mines do more dg, useful scouts now build gold drop-offs, and I also made it so upgrades are useful.
1.4- Medics now use ammo, fixed the typo at the beginning, Survivalist does more dg, Curers do less dg, Tanks now heal at night with survivors also, Beast Master also has more names.

Keywords:
walking dead, zombies, rpg
Contents

Walking Dead (Map)

Reviews
17:52, 16th Nov 2014 StoPCampinGn00b: See my short review.
Level 14
Thx. There's a map submission rules here. If you wanna see it then Click here.
There's missing you didn't follow the rules.

1.A valid author:
If the author's name is different from the uploader's name, please tell us if it's just another one of your usernames.
If you are simply uploading the map of another user to share it with people, without the author's permission, then the map will be rejected.

2. Protected/Open Source? Let the community know in the Hive description.

3. The Quest Log should contain the essential information about the map's gameplay.

Also, you can improve your description by using this without a BBCode skills. :wink:
Gonna test your map soon and send some feedbacks if I can.
EDITED
I have played your map and here's the feedback :)
Good Points
1. The terrain aren't flat so that's good.
2. Shops and fountains. Good for survivors. :)

Bad Points
1. The tiles in buttom-left of the map doesn't fit too much. :l
2. Why does each units required 51 Foods to train if I only have 100 Food Max.
3. The stone token's icon looks weird and doesn't fit for the item.
4. Why there's a footman hiding in the forest near the area where players start.

Bugs
1. When my trained unit died, My food max will set to 0 so I can't able to train units anymore.

Suggestions

1. Change the terrain in buttom-left of the map.
2. Change the required food of the units to 50.
3. Change the icon of the stone token or something.
4. Fix the bug I found.

I ignored about the footman. It's like an easter egg or something. :p

Last edited:
Level 10
In the game your suppose to have one life, and the footman is jut for fun, ill change the stone token right now, and your only suppose to have one character unless you use a squad or you get marines or summon animals. and the tiles in the corner is just to show where the city is. And how do you add a loading screen, I was suggested that. And thank you for helping me, I appreciate it!

Level 14
In the game your suppose to have one life, and the footman is jut for fun, ill change the stone token right now, and your only suppose to have one character unless you use a squad or you get marines or summon animals. and the tiles in the corner is just to show where the city is. And how do you add a loading screen, I was suggested that. And thank you for helping me, I appreciate it!

Alright and for adding loading screen, just go to "Scenario >> Map Loading Screen" and your welcome :)

Level 32
I'm sorry to say, but this is a very poorly made map. I don't exactly know what to do because there is no quest log. The units to choose from have missing tool tips for their abilities, mismatching icons, and little to no abilities. The zombies are just spammed across the whole map, causing repetitive gameplay. The terrain can definitely be worked on more, the flatness is the worst part about it. Tile usage is plain as well.

I highly suggest you look at the approved maps to see what can be accepted. Read a variety of mapping tutorials. Rules not followed in this map are:
- No screenshots
- no quests log
- bad gameplay (& terrain).

Because of these three reasons, the map is rejected.