1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

W3x2Lni v2.7.0

Submitted by actboy168
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
W3x2Lni is a wc3 map management tool. It helps you to manage your maps when developing or publishing.We defined 3 formats for a wc3 map, and w3x2Lni allows you to convert your maps amongst these 3 formats which are `Lni`, `Obj` and `Slk`.

> Lni
`Lni` is a VCS (like git, svn) friendly format. It looks like a directory. Most binary files in w3x will be converted into plain text files (yes! human-readable) by w3x2Lni which will also organize and categorize these text files.

> Obj
`Obj` is a wc3-readable and WE-readable format. If you want to open your map with WE, convert your map into this format.

> Slk
`Slk` is only readable by wc3 and should be used for final distribution. W3x2Lni enables multiple optimization for this format, including:

* Objects converted to slk
* Removed unreferenced objects
* Removed WE-only files
* Inlined WTS strings
* Compressed mdx
* Removed comments and unncessary white spaces in the script
* obfuscated variable and function name

W3x2Lni comes with war3 1.27.1 English data files. But it may not meet everyone's needs, you can use `w2l mpq <war3_path>` to extract data files.

For more information see the documentation.

W3x2Lni is a open source project.We welcome any pull request, e.g. improving the English text or writing English documents.
Contents

W3x2Lni v2.7.0 (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
The tool works as one would expect. The UI is nice and to the point. Only thing I am missing is a back button wen you have chosen a conversion mode. You also cannot scroll horizontally when viewing the log when converting to Lni. [ATTACH] I am...
  1. _Guhun_

_Guhun_

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh yeah, I did not notice there was a new folder. Sorry about that, it's all working fine!

2. Dat-C3

Dat-C3

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sure

Attached Files:

3. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry for my late response, I have tried your slked map with WC3-1.24 and it worked fine. What is the version of your WC3?

I have manually modified some of the "Dark Portal" data. Please help me confirm if using this ability will cause WC3 to crash.

Attached Files:

4. _Guhun_

_Guhun_

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Will you guys be updating w3x2lni for 1.31? I think the folder format you offer is still better than the new one by blizzard :S

5. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    WC3 has a new data format since 1.30, I don't think I'll have time to try and support his new format.

6. _Guhun_

_Guhun_

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh, that's a shame :wsad:. Alright, thank you!

7. juvian

juvian

Resources:
    Resources:
    @_Guhun_ not sure what you mean by "updating w3x2lni for 1.31" but you can just use casc viewer to extract new patch data manually and keep working with w3x2lni

8. _Guhun_

_Guhun_

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I haven't tested it yet, but I doubt w3x2lni would be able to work with new Lua maps and with the new trigger editor features (like variables inside of categories and categories inside of categories). I intend to convert my map to Lua as soon as I have a good VCS (looking at Ceres right now, but it still doesn't handle object data).

9. juvian

juvian

Resources:
    Resources:
    @_Guhun_ w3x2lni is part of actboy168/YDWE which is what chinese devs use and it has handled lua for years, not sure how far is that from working for 1.31.

10. _Guhun_

_Guhun_

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have to admit my ignorance on how Lua functionality is implemented for YDWE, but I don't think it uses a war3map.lua file, does it? Since w3x2lni seems to require a war3map.j file to optimize maps. It probably requires some tweaking to work with 1.31, so I just wanted to know if the devs would have time for it :S

11. Ricola3D

Ricola3D

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hello,

I have the error "Function [BlzSetUnitBaseDamage] no exists".
    If I'm not mistaken this is a function from patch 1.29. Do you have any idea of what files I should update to take it into account ?

12. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Use the attached data files and update your config.ini.

Attached Files:

13. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    It seems that the version of 'war3map.w3i' has been updated to '28' in WC3-1.31.1 (it is '25' in WC3-1.24 and '18' in WC3-1.20), so 'W3x2lni' can not parse these maps.
    Is anyone knows the new format of 'war3map.w3i' ?

14. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    16 bytes are the game version, and the byte right before player count is a flag for JASS/Lua.

15. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you. Do you know what these values mean (see: sumneko/w3x2lni) ?
    In one test map, they are `1` `31` `1` `0.0`.
    However, it seems that the versions of other files also have changed, and I don't have time to study this at present, so it may be necessary to wait until someone summarizes the new file format parsing methods before `W3x2lni` supporting the new version of the map.

16. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    They are the build version of the game client. 1.31.0.

17. Dat-C3

Dat-C3

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Doesn't crash, what'd you change? Tried in 1.31 and 1.30.1.

18. Ricola3D

Ricola3D

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Amazing, with this data it works fine for map created with Warcraft III 1.30.4. Just by curiosity, how did you get or create this data package ? :)

However it doesn't work for maps created with 1.31.1 (latest), I got the rror below.
    But I guess it is normal that the update is too recent and so W3x2Lni is not fit for it yet, no ?
    upload_2019-6-29_12-9-34.png

19. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I extracted the files manually from the CASC. I think 1.31 maps might work if you build w3x2lni from the source, or wait for it to be updated here.

20. Raspberrys

Raspberrys

Resources:
    Resources:
    Would be awesome if this tool can continue to be supported! I love it in combination with Vex's Optimizer