• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

W3Colorpicker v3.06b (W3-integrated tooltip editor

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Homepage: www.christopherhauck.de

OS: The program at least works on Win XP, Win Vista and Windows 7, but should also run on other Windows versions.
Still works with the Reforged editor.

Description:
This program is a colorpicker, gradient creator, resolution changer and tooltip creator in one.
It also can save colors and is "minimizeable" (see screenshots on my HP) which makes it very useful when working with W3 or graphic programs.
(The program is displayed as small sidebar then)

Features:
- Language can be set to English and German
- RBG- Hexadecimal- and HTML-values
- Pick colors from a scheme or directly from your screen
- Tray icon instead of taskbar entry
- Minimizeable --> can be used in combination with other graphic programs like photoshop to remember colors
- You can easily save your favorite colors to use them throughout your map or your homepage
- Automatically colors or gradient-colors your texts with up to 3 different colors.
Also works for BB Code! :-)
- Can automatically check the program version. (If there is a new one, you can download it with 1 click)
- You can create links to maps, websites, folders, ... in the popup menu and change the resolution of the WarCraft III window (and start WarCraft in windowed mode)
- Cointains a damage calculator (sppears automatically when editing the damage values of a unit)
- The program contains a comfortable tooltip creator with instant preview. rich edit and saveable presets!
The integrated tooltip editor can replace the standard WarCraft dialog for string-editing!!!

Enjoy!

Keywords:
Colorpicker, W3Colorpicker, Tooltip Creator, Save Colors, Integrated Tooltip Editor, Resolution Changer
Contents

W3Colorpicker v3.06b (W3-integrated tooltip editor (Binary)

Reviews
17:01, 15th Jun 2008 TriggerHappy: We already have enough of this type of tool, we honestly don't need another. If you feel your version provides something that other programs of this type don't have feel free to PM me.

M

17:01, 15th Jun 2008
TriggerHappy:

We already have enough of this type of tool, we honestly don't need another. If you feel your version provides something that other programs of this type don't have feel free to PM me.

Level 13
Thanks for the feedback :)

In the meantime I added another feature:
You can add links to the popup menu, for example the maps u edit often, the WarCraft 3 maps folder, links to websites..

Btw: If u want to make the program start on windows startup, create a link in the autostart folder, don't put the whole file there.
(Because otherwise windows will start the ini file, too)

Last edited:
Level 13
Why does that somehow related to Wc3? like, how i can use those colors?
Have you never "colored" text in the W3 map editor?
Like |cffxxxxxxText|r... That's usually used in tooltips.
And that's what the tool is supporting, like many other tools in this section.
("Text Markup / Colors")
With the difference that it can save colors, add links, be "minimized" and doesn't **** around ;-)
(I once downloaded a color program i couldn't close because there were new windows and messages each time i closed one lol)

Level 13
Not yet. I currently have no time to program.

But it's easy to change the prefix for the color code from "|cff" to "#" (HTML) so maybe i will add that option within the next weeks.

I've also planned to add a tooltip-creator..
Then you could write a text and color it like in Word or sth. and get a w3 string as output.

Level 5
Hmmm.... i got the program but i am not so sure how to use it...

do u use it like this : $005ABD08TEXT|r???? coz i rlly need a color coder!!!

I am making alot of maps, and have to make up colors =\! Where can i get a nice color coder? :)

Thanx,

siDeKicK

EDIT: Woooot... found out how to use it!! Tx man it is SOOOO Usefull!

Level 13
Crazy how well this thing works! I love it, except, Uhh, I don't speak German, and its set in German -.- Its okay, Its a very well made tool, and very easy to use, in either language.

You can change the language by clicking the link right of the program title.
"Set language to: English"

But now I also added a config file in the zip folder which sets the standard language to English. :)

Last edited:

tfr.didi

T

tfr.didi

all the questions could be answered with the tool description ;-)
But nothing at all, this tool is great!

My rating: (5/5)

thanks for sharing it!

Level 19
Very nice tool to create tooltips.
I'm currently using it and I totally love it.
9/10

The only thing that could improve it is the function to increase the size of the preview screen. Because sometimes I've got too much text in it so it wont show the last text I wrote.

But even withoud that It's an awesome tool!

it still does not save for me =( but still very useful :)

When you save something, a little file will be created in the folder you put the tool. You need to open this file to .. well.. open it. The problem might be is that you have the item still in the zip. map so it wont save the file in there or something. Else I would suggest to safe the text in Wordpad or something:grin:

Level 19
You mean the preview field of the gradient-colored text?
You can scroll it by selecting the text and moving the mouse left or right.

No I mean this:
I press create tooltip. Then I start making a tooltip at the upper right edit frame. at the lower right frame you see how it will look like in wc3, but you can't edit that box or scroll in that. So if I wrote alot of text in the tooltip, the preview box can't show all my text.
That's why a maximize option would be handy, because it would increase the preview box.

Level 13
Ah that's what you mean.
I'll see what I can do ;-)

//Edit: I added a scrollbar in the preview area. It's only visible when there are enough lines and when you move the mouse over the preview field.

And I also removed the popup window which appears when a new version is available. This notification just opens in the right side panel now.

Last edited:
Level 2
Ah really nice tool. Best Color tool ive used for wc3. The tooltip generator is wonderful much better than others out there.

5/5

Level 3
Is it only me or is this program on german?!

nwm i found out how to change =)

Wow seriously this program is good!!! It's so easy to just copy the colour and name that you want and putt it where you want =) 5/5 Awesome work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
I downloaded this but when I run it an icon appears in the tray but when I double click it nothing hyappens, the program doesn't appear so I can't use it.

Any help?

Level 13
I downloaded this but when I run it an icon appears in the tray but when I double click it nothing hyappens, the program doesn't appear so I can't use it.

Mh, that's strange.
First of all, which operating system do you have? I wasn't able to test the program on all systems..

Now you can try to right click the icon and then click 'show normal'.
If there is a file called 'Colorpicker.ini' in the same directory just delete it.

Level 5
I'm running Windows XP SP3.

I tried rightclicking the icon in the tray and it took quite a while before a small menu with some options in german appeared. I tried selecting different options and managed to get the program window up. However, only the topmost blue bar (you know, the one all windows windowed applications has, the one with the red "quitting" cross in it, no idea what this blue bar is called tbh) showed, and no actual program window or menus or anything were visible. However when the program was up in this way the menu appearing when right-clicking the tray icon showed up much faster, but it became very slow again once I minimized the program.

Level 1
Go to Google -> Images -> Search Hexadecimal to find color codes.
To color your text in WC3 World Editor, insert |cff in front in the colored word, and |r in the end.
For red colored word: |cffff0000Word|r
For blue colored word: |cff0000ffWord|r

Level 13
I'm running Windows XP SP3.

Maybe it's because I have a pretty old version of Delphi (6).
Did you change the language to english yet? (Default is german)
Otherwise I can't imagine why the popup menu is in German.

So I will try to get a newer version of Delphi, I've got no idea what else could work. I send you a message when I found one.

Ah and boysondon thanks for you help, I was wondering how that coloring-thing works :p

Btw a new big update is coming soon. Beside some other improvements Colorpicker 3 will create an own edit field overlaying the one of WarCraft so you don't have to copy&paste all the time!! :)