• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

W3 vertexmodify

A vertex modifier for warcraft 3 models.
Contents

W3 vertexmodify (Binary)

Level 2
This isn't a very nifty program, crashes when imported geoset is set to 1:
Run-time error: '6'
Overflow.
Does this mean it's reading too many vertexes?
If yes, then this program can be used for nothing, since I was reading a sorceress.

Level 5
wont open for me either.. anyone know anywhere else i can get this program and where it works?

Level 25
wont open for me either.. anyone know anywhere else i can get this program and where it works?

Dont opens for me!

Don't works. Sorry

Its not fair!
I cant use it!...
is it not compatible with vista?

This isn't a very nifty program, crashes when imported geoset is set to 1:
Run-time error: '6'
Overflow.
Does this mean it's reading too many vertexes?
If yes, then this program can be used for nothing, since I was reading a sorceress.

:fp:http://www.oinkerwinkle.com/tools/tutorialrunprogram.html

Level 1
if u get an error in start that you can't load and save models, heres the solution;

go to control panal > country settings (where u live; i am not so good in english; the icon is a globe) > modify/adjust > the first row u can change, now it should be a "," (without ") change it to "." (without ")...

u should be fine now...

about runtime errors... no sorry not got them...

Level 1

How Do i Use This Thing i Tryed To Re Intsall And Stuff But It Still Doesn't work But Ill Give It A :spell_breaker::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up: Very Good Work :)

EDIT:
:) Well Done And Good Work :Thumbs up

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
for vista go to control panel clasic view
'Regional and Language Settings' then select the first tab Formats
change YourLanguage(YourCountry) to a counry with decimal symbol a point
i use English(USA)

if you use somting like azerty or somthing you better change it back else you will type in querty

Last edited:
Level 1
pleas help

pleas help i have downloaded the file and all works
bouth when i click file>open>so the model it says: BAD FILE NAME
pleas help me:cute:

Level 2
I did everything suggested here and i am still getting that COMDLG32.OCX

Are there any alternative programs that i could use for modifying vertices?
After like an hour of doing every troubleshooting solution, im giving up on this program
regardless.

Level 23
I'm having that problem too. None of the suggesstions here or on Oinker's site are working... So, it'd have to be all of our OS, but it's not, as it worked fine on my Vista last year. :/

However, I get the missing file message for the 'COMDLG32.OCX or one of it's dependencies' file on Geomerge as well. So, it's not just VertexModify. :/

Level 1
Please help me out here. Every time i click on the application it says
'File COMDLG32.OCX or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid' What does that mean? what do i do?

THAT DOWNLOAD ABOVE DIDNT HELP ANYTHING!

PLEASE give me a new tool to use instead....

OMG I FOLLOWED THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD COMDLG.OCX AND IT SAYS I HAVE TO HAVE FILE COMDLG.OXC TO DOWNLOAD IT WTF!

Last edited:
Level 23
Please help me out here. Every time i click on the application it says
'File COMDLG32.OCX or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid' What does that mean? what do i do?

THAT DOWNLOAD ABOVE DIDNT HELP ANYTHING!

PLEASE give me a new tool to use instead....

OMG I FOLLOWED THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD COMDLG.OCX AND IT SAYS I HAVE TO HAVE FILE COMDLG.OXC TO DOWNLOAD IT WTF!

All the latest posts have been about that problem, if not the entire thread. So more asking won't help, as no one has figured out an answer to the problem that would solve the 50 or so posts about having that problem.

As for what the problems mean... A core file is missing or corrupted to the point it is unidentifiable. It seems that the files set up for download may have been corrupted before or upon upload, and have not been repaired. It is unlikely to have been intentional, as they used to work on systems like Vista. Until someone figures a way around the problem or the files are fixed with uncorrupted/undamaged ones, the problem will not be fixed. Unfortunately, reaching Magos has been difficult on my part, even on his site, and waiting for his response takes a long time if it ever arrives.

So, for the moment, we are screwed, and forced to live witht he problem for the time being, however long that may be.