• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

W3 Generals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The idea is simple.(everything I say is just a variable,the map having many mods)

1-make the battlefields.The more the better.Each one has different characteristics and has pros and cons.

2-Each player has 10 food.He can choose units but not less then 3 and not more than 6(depending on unit abilities)

3-They fight each other like in soccer,after someone wins.

THE TWIST!!
The only thing that could make this map fun is the variables.I will give you an example.

1-Battlefield Northrend.
-Movement speed slowed by 20%
-visibility -20%
-Bears spawn at random locations
-High ground at the middle of the map(gives ranged units 33% accuracy and 33% dmg )
-all ranged units -20% accuracy

2-So this is a tough one.Thinking that my enemy will probably choose archers and run to the high ground,I choose the following units
a)Assassin-low HP,High DMG
-Has Invisibility and poison(when dying stuns every unit in 300AoE)
b)2 knights -Medium HP,low DMG,reduce DMG from piercing
c)goblin fanatic-Low HP,low DMG,kills everyone in 300 AoE when killed.Low MS.
d)Wind magician(2 food)-Low HP,low DMG
-Windwalk (100% movement speed for 10seconds)
-Tornado rise enemy in the air for 5 seconds
-Bolt deal 200 DMG to unit

3)First I will use my assassin as a scouting unit(it has good MS)Depending on what my opponent will do I will use a different strategy.So he went full archers and 3 knights.The archers are on the high ground getting good dmg.Below his other units form a line,so nobody can reach the archers.He knows that I must attack,because if not,more and more bears will appear(so that players will not play forever)and he knows he is protected there.I will die faster than him if this happens.So he is expecting an attack.

I move to a safe distance and start buffing my units.With the knights(unbuffed)I attack the archers directly.This will make his units move back and defend them,when they are almost dead I attack with my invisible assassin.He dies instantly but stuns the units(now they are close to each other).Then I use the buffed goblin and run towards them,hoping to kill most.If i can kill at least 4-5 than i have a chance,because my magician could take 1 unit on alone.I win.

This was complex,and I don't know who will read this,but it was just to illustrate a point.Using a small number of units and and terrain to your advantage would create a very complex and satisfying gameplay.The key is the ballance and the map itself.

This could work with a lot of mods,even with more players at once.Each having a small number of units,or each having a type.(red can choose between archers,blue support...)

Think of it like footman frenzy,but a lot more strategy and unit ballance.A game where each unit is important,and in the end where the greatest general always wins!

Hope you enjoyed my idea,and I hope someday I will play this map!have a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.